Matsudappoiyo is being discontinued

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Welp, I just found this out recently from tumblr & I think it might be good to share here; I'm just gonna quote the post.

mamekatchi said:
Okay, there was a post earlier saying Matsudappoiyo is being deleted but they didn’t provide sources or anything.

On his website, it says the following

"Had plans of stopping VB distribution on July 31st, but it will stay uploaded for about a week (til August 7th 10PM). Upon that date, the files will be deleted and VB distribution will be stopped completely."

followed by links to all his voicebanks, plus some unreleased voicebanks.

Matsuda Mattsun also tweeted this

"From here on until August 7th 10PM, Matsudappoiyo, Matsudappoine, and Akuta’s VBs will be downloadable. The actual date depends on when the downloads are able to be completely removed. Thank you.”

(translation by hella K, also he’s unsure about the second sentence of the tweet)

So for the people wondering, yes, Matsudappoiyo is being discontinued.

It's really sad seeing Matsuda discontinue these banks :c download them while you still can!!

The pains of being a mod & not knowing where threads go

Mametchi

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Wait so why is he being discontinued? I don't understand. [0]~[0]??????

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The website's in almost complete mojibake for me x_x No idea what that's about.
(ETA: Never mind just had to switch to IE)

I'm kind of tempted to just download them all even though I barely know anything about his banks. Not making the same mistake I made with Leon and Miriam again ;;.;;

Last edited:

Xuu

Ask me about Synthesizer V
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I might get a bank or two in the morning, but I'm in the same boat as teifuani here to be honest :/

Zircon

Momo's Minion
Matsudappoiyo has a really nice voice, it's a shame that the provider isn't supporting the him anymore.
I've already gone and downloaded some of his voicebanks.
Thankyou for informing us about Matsudappoiyo

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
WERE DO i DOWNLOAD, MUST HOARD ALL THE BANKS!!!!111
I never got to download any of them QQ wwhyyyyyyyyyyyyy

looks like all the VCVs are gone and only the CV banks are still there...well...poo...
Oh well, was a nice voicebank while it lasted...

Last edited:

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I could only DL Matsudappoine's flower bank =S But well, I know someone who has them so...

@jeremy : the CVs are still up ? owo

Scottei

Teto's Territory
Supporter
I remember someone asking me if you could still use the banks in future works, so it should be noted that on the website it says "You can continue to use in the future users like there is a sound source to your hand. " (Google Translate)

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Oh dang I didn't see this and didn't get any of his banks! ;;

Does he have a clause like the Sorane's where individuals can give the banks to one another as long as it isn't wide-scale distribution? Like Since I have every Sorane bank if a single person asks me I can send them the banks.

Really hope she added that clause, or at least said she didn't care anymore because it would be a bit unfair to say "I'm deleting everything but still no one is allowed to share or do anything with it". Well a little bit fair because it's their voice but you know what I mean.

Last edited:

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I didn't see a clause like that, shinami :c but the site is still entirely in mojibake for me. Could anyone get onto his site & read what it & the readme say? If they can?

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
It's mojibake for me as well. D: Maybe someone could try tweeting her and asking? Though they'd need to do it in Japanese. And maybe mentioning the Sorane banks and their clause would help pull in favor of one person giving the banks to another.

I just find it so sad. I know if I stopped UTAU I'd just say that people can pass around everything I made as much as they'd like because it's a community I wanted to give to. Maybe the Japanese view it in a different way. (Honest curiosity, not trying to say "wah the Japanese are meanies wah" or anything)

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The website works fine in internet explorererererer, must be a weird unicode issue...

permitting user to user sharing would be nice...but I have my doubts...

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I ran the text on the website through Google Translate (because I'm lazy and my Japanese vocabulary is horrible) and it does say not to redistribute the banks. :/ Here's what the translator said:
"For various reasons, there is indeed selfish, but will end the distribution UTAU sound source material for "I ish Matsuda" "It looks like Matsuda" and "garbage" as of today. You can continue to use in the future users like there is a sound source to your hand. We ask that you please refrain from such secondary distribution. Terms no different to those of the distribution of the sound source, both characters. Can you if you can write them drawn in the future if it is possible to observe the Terms of any secondary creation of character. Terms of the sound source, character, click here I gave patronage to many people a long period of four years. I became indebted to many people on the production. We would like to thank to take this place. Thank you very much. Matsuda Toki August 7, 2014 ※ I can not respond to inquiries concerning the distribution end. Please understand."

There's always getting someone to render them, I guess...? :'D Personally I think user-to-user transfer wouldn't be a big deal, especially if you did it through Skype or email or something that only the two people involved could get to it and then delete the zip soon afterwards. I don't know if they'd answer tweets asking about it, but if someone linked me to their Twitter I could try to ask (I tried to find their Twitter the other day but I couldn't find it X'P).

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
That's real unfortunate ;A; I feel kinda bad I couldn't get all his banks, but I have his Edge, Sing, & Quiet & I think that'll be enough. It's probably best to not bother Matsuda about it anyways since they're pretty resolute & direct with all the information concerning this...

Aline

Teto's Territory
[SCREAMS INTERNALLY]

*Ahem* When it was the 6th (in Japan), some of the banks were already offline, I only could download Matsudappoiyo Retake Edge 2nd from the site before losing my patience with all the broken links.

I wonder what made Matsuda discontinue the voicebanks. Maybe it was someone making R-18 art of Matsudappoiyo despite it being disallowed? I hope it wasn't the case, because it'd be too disrespectful...

(If the reason was real life issues, it's understandable, though; I took a huge hiatus from UTAU after I joined college because UTAU takes way too much time and time is kind of dire when we have like 12 assignments and tests to do at once)

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I was only able to download the VCV female, and a small bunch of CVs, were did you download the Edge bank? (that link was dead when I found it)

I think we're all screaming internally...I know I did...

Lorreine Geralde

lorreinegeralde@IRIS-SELECIA
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Guys, idk if this is true...but some of Matsudappoiyo's VB are still available here. I have tested all VB DL links and so far, there is ONLY one link that is still work to me.
And it's a default CV, not a Retake or VCV voicebank. Does this mean that his VB development is truly discontinued? I'm afraid if the information itself is vague and confusing.

Enriku

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I got all his voicebank before all of the link got cut lose

BTW everyone who has the website in mojibake, You have to go to google translate and throw it in, or use a caches archive thing..

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Based on Matsuda's twitter post & what the translation on the website said before August 7th, I'm gonna go ahead & say that he's truly discontinued :c