Melodia Editor - UTAU in a Browser

Discussion in 'UTAU Discussion' started by Khento, May 22, 2017.

1. Info-Chan

Info-Chan SELENA Developer Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I like this idea

MillyAqualine likes this.
  2. Khento

Khento Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Done! Which name do you prefer? Do you mind if I keep using it for testing purposes?

EDIT: Oh, and Track-related options (add, edit, remove) are no longer in the sidebar. Now they're near the track selector
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    Milk and rinrin243 like this.
  3. rinrin243

rinrin243 Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Is there anyway for us to donate in order to help and support this project?

Milk likes this.
  4. notsoul_elli

notsoul_elli Teto's Territory Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Psst

Does it have an oto limit??

5. Khento

Trophy Points
    As of now, there isn't. And I think it's a bit early for that, I'm not sure if I'll be able to balance my studies and this project, so I'd rather not make any commitments. Once I get it to a more functional state I'll implement a Supporter system to help with the hosting costs, but since it's currently being hosted on a home server, I don't see a need for that.

I haven't tested it, but it shouldn't have a limit. I'm not really accessing oto files directly though. I'm converting them to JSON before sending to the client.

6. notsoul_elli

notsoul_elli Teto's Territory Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I'm working on a huge English voicebank that seriously goes over the other limit so I'm hoping this will be my saving Grace. God bless

7. Khento

Trophy Points
    I finally fixed horizontal scrolling... which made me realize that browsers limit the maximum canvas width. That basically ruins all of my plans of letting the browser do the scrolling for me. I'll have to reimplement the entire interface by hand, which will be painful and take a lot of time. Also, scrolling won't be as smooth...

But hey! At least it can now import USTs.

8. SOHBlue

SOHBlue Master of Doom Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Carry on my wayward son, there'll be peace when you are done...

Arissa and Tema like this.
  9. Khento

Trophy Points
    Ohohoho
    I found a workaround! Instead of using a canvas and manually drawing the grid/notes, I got it to work with Scalable Vector Graphics. Not only is it faster than before, it also exposes notes as parts of the page instead of a single image. That means that eventually, accessibility options might be possible! Also, it will scroll as smoothly as before and will look sharper on higher resolution displays, which is nice.

And it can now import USTs as new tracks instead of replacing the entire project.

With that immensely annoying rendering problem out of the way, I can focus on more complex tasks, such as implementing pitchbends. I honestly have no idea how to accurately replicate UTAU's pitchbends, but I'll try my best and keep everyone updated on that.

10. Chianachini

Chianachini Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    This information might be well known already, but I found a few tags in a .ust file related to pitchbends that might help. It's somewhat repeated here. These are my observations, so they may not be the most accurate.

PBW is the distance between pitch nodes, starting from the second node.
    PBY measures the change in pitch in 10s of cents from the last node (30 = 3 half steps)
    PBS usually has two values. The first measures where the pitchbend starts in ms in relation to when the note starts. The second value, if present, measures the change in pitch in 10s of cents in relation to the previous note. If the pitch doesn't change or if the note follows a rest, the value isn't present.
    PBM is simply the type of curve. PBM isn't present if the curve is the default s-curve. PBM=s if it's linear, r if it's an r-curve, and j if it's a j-curve.

Hope that at least gives you a starting point. I'm sure someone else could elaborate on that or correct me if anything is inaccurate.

Arissa, partial, kimchi-tan and 5 others like this.
  11. Khento

Trophy Points
    Thank you so much! This saves me a lot of time. I had only figured out some of the parameters, but didn't even know PBM existed! The pages I was using as reference weren't as complete as this one. I'm sure this will be useful in other areas as well.

12. Chianachini

Chianachini Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I'm glad that could help!

Since it might come up in the future, the only other parameter I can't figure out is the Envelope. That fifth control point really complicates things, so I can't figure out the relationship. It irks me.

13. Oblivion772

Oblivion772 Praise The Sun! Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I'm really hoping this works out. My windows computer recently broke, and I have no way to work on utau at the moment. This would completely fix that dilemma.

14. aoi・kurt

aoi・kurt Shoutbox Lurker™ Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Until the Formal Clergy of Utaism comes in contact with you, I unofficially claim @Khento as one of the saints of Utaism.

Aaiauea.

Regards,
    Aoi,
    Regular Member of the True UTAU Church

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  15. Zoku

Zoku heta-tan campaigner 2k16 Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I Approve

Buck, VocAddict, Kiyoteru and 2 others like this.
  16. aoi・kurt

aoi・kurt Shoutbox Lurker™ Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    its official
    aaiauea

Buck, VocAddict, Kiyoteru and 3 others like this.
  17. rmL

rmL Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    HOLY CATS THIS EXIST!? Just as I was discussing about a browser-based UTAU that could work across several platforms. While this appears to be a long ways to go but I am as optimistic as the community that hopefully this will work out!

18. Khento

Trophy Points
    Quick update!

Testing new feature: BGM track

19. Khento

Trophy Points
    Just added a playback bar.
    It's amazing how a mere moving red line can make such a difference. Now the project feels less like a toy and more like a prototype.

20. Damien

Damien Wannabe Worker Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Woot progress

aoi・kurt and SOHBlue like this.