Miku English (ACT2?) Beta

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko

The main theme song of "HATSUNE MIKU EXPO 2014 in LA&NY"!
This is the first single of BIGHEAD, a new project by composer of "Story Rider"!

It is a song about reaching out to each other through creation, with Hatsune Miku bringing together people all over the world in a common feeling of positivity.

"Sharing The World by BIGHEAD feat.Hatsune Miku"
Music&Lyrics: BIGHEAD (http://bighead-official.tumblr.com/)
Vocal: Hatsune Miku
Sound Engineer: Kei Suzuki (SYNC LIVE JAPAN, Inc)
*This version of Hatsune Miku English DB is under development.

...Apparently Miku English Act2 is becoming a thing.

I honestly don't know how I feel about this, I want Miku to be the best she can be but she's already pretty good...

They had better at least give this update out to existing Miku English owners for free like they did with Kagamine Act2, because I'm buying her bundle this week. orz

Xuu

Ask me about Synthesizer V
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I honestly couldn't care less. I'd rather they get Luka V3 done before they even THINK about Miku English Act2, considering that Miku will be popular anyway. Her tone just doesn't work well in English.

XJM

Teto's Territory
They're just juicing that English demographic. I agree with uchuu I think they should focus on Luka and the Kagamines. I like Miku as much as the next person and I know that she's Crypton's Flagship product but I'd really like to see a Kagamine V3 come soon. Oh... and I guess it's about that time again when all the Miku fanatics go nuts (Almost August 31 >_>).

Reactions: Xuu

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Sounds cute~ (Though I kinda regret the maturity of Miku English, which is at the same tone as Miku SOLID)

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Excuse me while I go slam my head into a wall repeatedly cause basically I'm with Uchuu on this one give me Luka V3 and then I might consider giving a shit about this.

Reactions: Tema and Xuu

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Moreover, does that also mean people getting Miku English Act 1 will have to pay it again (like for the Kagamine ? ) ? =S

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I rather see any other bank - Crypton and/or non-Crypton - being developed for English than to see them try to fix Miku's. They did their - well, I certainly hope they did their best with this, but that's my faith in humanity speaking. I'm in the same opinion as Uchuu in that her tone (they can make it as mature or cutesy as they want and it wouldn't make a difference) simply does not work for English. I don't know what it is, but it just sounds awkward. Len singing Engrish is (a little) less awkward...

I can only theorize that it's because Miku and the Kagamines are voice acted in tones that are not naturally present in the majority of human voices where as Meiko, Kaito, and Luka are more natural sounding. [/shrugs] I don't know.

XJM

Teto's Territory
I heard a while ago that Crypton wanted to make Miku sound more American for some odd reason. If that's the case than they need to stop trying to make her (or any other JP Vocaloid for that matter) sound any sort of American. I'd rather have an Asian flavored english than fake Americanised JP Vocaloid. Tonality shouldn't be an issue.

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Honestly I still think it may end up being some sort of mistranslation... I feel like Crypton would formally announce anything regarding their precious Miku.

HiddenVenia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Honestly I still think it may end up being some sort of mistranslation... I feel like Crypton would formally announce anything regarding their precious Miku.
This kinda how I feel. Until Crypton makes an announcement, or I see a product/evidence I'm just going to assume this is a mistake.

Reactions: samth1815

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
If the discussion over on VO is anything to go by, people are thinking that the original Miku English was a sort of a "Dark" append and this is the real one?

Confusing.

Xuu

Ask me about Synthesizer V
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
VO are being dumb again I guess. That /was/ Miku English, this is just another newer version.

Reactions: samth1815