Miku for 2012 London Olympic Opening Ceremony?

Muruko

Momo's Minion
(I believe this goes here.  Correct me if I put this in the wrong place.) 

Honestly, it's probably not going to really happen, but there's a voting link for the top 10 groups/people who should sing at the 2012 Olympics.  And if you take a look at who the frontrunner is, it's quite surprising.  Even if you added the votes from 2nd and 3rd places, they still couldn't beat the frontrunner.

Wanna see whose #1?  Here's the link:
http://www.the-top-tens.com/lists/singers-perform-london-olympics-opening-ceremonies.asp

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
It's definetely not real. You need to have artists before getting chosen to host the Olympics, for all I know. (Since you need to have a complete plan, I figure that also includes performances.) Also, I think England will choose English artists, for that matter.

Muruko

Momo's Minion
Yeah I know too, but it's really amazing to even see her on something like this.  I would of honestly expected more random group names I don't even know to be taking up spots on that list than her. XD;

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
xD It does show that Miku is welcome around here... I really hope she comes close to Europe/UK one day.

Muruko

Momo's Minion
smeen link said:
xD It does show that Miku is welcome around here... I really hope she comes close to Europe/UK one day.
I was so disheartened when she was in LA.  I was so close to her, yet I wasn't able to go..  :bigtears:

It would be cool though, to see her in something like the Ceremony though.  People usually pull out all of the stops when that stuff goes on.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
That lineup is awesome. Miku followed by four Korean groups and some American and British singers/groups for the remainder. (Was happy to see Super Junior at number 2, hnnnng)

But this is so popular we can only hope that the board of the Olympics or whoever will take these votes into consideration. Since it's in London that McFly group will probably be there since they're British I think.

nils8950

Teto's Territory
dat lineup
i just hate how lady gaga comes after jb
but whatever
and
rammstein at 11
omg lol

Obakebaka

Momo's Minion
That lineup makes me think "At least there'll be one thing about this whole "fiasco" that won't suck 'nads..."

~Kiseki~

Teto's Territory
Oh, hey, Miku's in first!
:'D
*wants the world to know about Miku and Cocaloids*
*Wants even more for Teto to sing it :P*

DesiDesuHa

Momo's Minion
I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but if this actually went through with Miku in the opening, there might be a lot of backlash from people who don't really understand the entire Vocaloid thing... or why a Japanese computer singing thingy is being featured in the Olympics... I don't know, it's super cool and all, but it may not be the best way to popularize Miku...

faerimagic

Ruko's Ruffians
Nonetheless, if she does make it into the Olympics, I would be so happy.
Perhaps, she could be a mystery singer. Though, it would work better if her English voicebank was finished.

I think it's more likely for uh...Adele or Coldplay to sing, though... *doesn't know much British music*

~Kiseki~

Teto's Territory
faerimagic link said:
Nonetheless, if she does make it into the Olympics, I would be so happy.
Perhaps, she could be a mystery singer. Though, it would work better if her English voicebank was finished.
I agree, but it should be a high quality voicebank, because some times when they sing, I don't know what they are saying/not good pronunciation. :/