Miku Hatsune V4x

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
(Yeah I know, it wasn't that urging considering how popular Miku is but at the same time, it's still news)

So today, a video was finally released ! within very few last days, if you checked wat's twitter hoping for informations about Rin/Len and Miku's developping for V4, you'd noticed he talked about a video that would be publicly shown on the 31st (aka today). Nothing much was said about it, ,leading to either Rin/Len demo or Miku demo.

And here we go ! This is a demonstration of E.V.E.C. with Miku, featuring Soft, Power and her normal/core.

How does it sound to you ? And honestly to me, it's nice, but I kinda miss the appends =S Even if I like power because it sound close to what Solid and Vivid would sound together once merged with XSY, it's kinda sad.... Though it was announced a little while ago her and the Kagamine would get the same E.V.E.C. system as Luka's...

Reactions: melobuniiP

melobuniiP

Queen of Bunnies, Thou shalt not forget.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Wheres my Len and Rin, Crypton? You avoiding them? Huh?Huh? HUUHHH????
miku sounds like meiko v1
either that, my ears lied to me

CarrotJuice

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
rin and len v4x are gonna be out before miku (december 2015) they also have a teaser site so there not getting avoided wat is also tweeting about them alot

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Well, that's because today's Miku's birthday ^^"' I wish they can release soon a short demo of the Kagamine V4 update, but seems they had problems with Len, from reading wat's twitter

Also for the moment, only soft and power are disclosed for color voices (though as you saw in the video, it's still a beta/prototype)

And this is her teaser page (the Kagamine have one i'll post it in their thread) : crypton.co.jp/mikuv4x

@carrot : darn you ninja'd me for kagamine's teaser page

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
It's okay ^^ Also wow seems I should stalk less vocaloidwikai's threads because seems on the forum we don't have a Kagamine V4x thread OTL;;; For an instant I thought we had one...

SCARYCHEWINGGUM

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
The demo didn't really sound like there was anything special with this bank. Yeah, bringing back the appends (especially dark!!!) would be great. She doesn't really sound that smooth yet either, although she is still in beta so I'll go easy on that. Tbh I'm just really wanting a new Miku English out of it, preferably one with less of an accent but I'm not too bothered on that part.

(also the soft doesn't seem to sound like an eq has been ran over it like iroha and Luka! please say that miku breaks this trend)

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Yeah, we already "lost" Vivid and Light when she upgraded to V3, so seems we'll have to face it again ='C Afetr all, yes it's progress ad yyou can't fight it as it's Crypton's decision but I'm still having mixed feelings towards it ( and same, I wish they would show about a possible Miku Eng ACT 2.... As it's being a while as well since we had a "hint" of this only God knows)

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I don't usually reply to threads like these, and if I'm not lazy I'll probably unsubscribe from recieving notifications here.

But honestly, I'm just so disappointed. Luka's EVEC to me felt like a last ditch effort to finally get her released without spending the time actually working on proper appends. And what they're doing with Miku here is literally removing her appends entirely just for two little EVECs. She used to be at the forefront of appends!

I know this suggestion won't be listened to by Crypton, but this is what I'd rather see.

3 complete voicebanks for miku: Soft, Normal, Strong. Each one changes in tone like a multipitch UTAU.
Soft covers the tones of Dark, to Soft, to Sweet (low to high)
Strong covers the tones of Solid, to Vivid, to Light (low to high)
Normal is... I dunno. Maybe something like VY1V4's Natural bank?

It's just so sad and disappointing that they're putting less effort into Miku than some UTAU users put into making such greatly expressive banks. Then again, this is just Miku. They want to do it quickly so that they can get money, right?

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Yeah, and I remember when Miku Append V2 came, how I was blown away.... When I heard he video I did like it, but I wasn't as impressed... Again it's a prototype so let's hope they make some chances during production... Plus as I said earlier, I was already sad Vivid wasn't included in the package (because even if I cannot buy a Vocaloid, i'm still hugely interested in them, in hope one day I can finally own one forever) but now if they only have those two and don't reveal any other color voice then i'll be sad at losing Sweet and Solid... Without mentioning everyone who loved Light and Dark...

Then I was wondering if they would add her Falsetto voicebankbut seeing they're going the E.V.E.C. route and that they had too much troubles ith it, I doubt it'd happen

Sonianjeriku Kagamine

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I'm not verry fan on this demo.
I know it's a beta, but for me, that sound more like the V3 and not like the V2. :/ I waiting the beta released and a demo of the English VB.

OcarinaLink24

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Four things;

1) Can somebody please translate this? I saw something about V3 in there and I want to know what it said. Since V4 is mostly V2 sample repairs I'm curious to see what they had to say about that.

2) E.V.E.C. is kind of an append system in itself, albeit not nearly as good. I think Adlez's suggestion would be epic, and definitely the way to go. That's kind of how I always thought it should go. Different vocal tones corresponding with the append type, but again, considering this bank is mostly sample repairs they can only do so much....Why they had to leave out sweet, light, vivid, solid, and ESPECIALLY dark I'll never know. I mean, they're repairing samples, it's not like they have to rerecord them. (Although that would probably be much easier than repairs to be honest.)

3) They definitely won't rush her. Miku is arguably (and yes, I said arguably) their most popular vocaloid, and almost most certainly their best seller. If they rush her and ruin her they'll have an angry mob at their front door, not to mention it would be financial suicide! People are already mad about their performance with Luka, they'd be shooting themselves in the foot big time if they did it again. (Although Luka's V4 bank is better in my opinion. It's just so hard to tune you rarely get to hear it used with any sort of quality, giving it the illusion of being awful.) Hopefully they'll take a page out of Nintendo's book and be like 'You know what, we could release this now....or we could delay it and make it much better.' Fingers crossed that whether they push back the release date or not they'll make it something 'amazing' rather than something 'good'!

4) I'm really nervous about the design. They won't change too much because she's basically the mascot and they need her to be easily recognizable, but at the same time so many people were upset with only small changes on the V3 design it could really go either way :\ I hope it isn't to drastic. I think her V3 design was much better than the first one, even thought there were only a few small tweaks. This is most likely going to be an unpopular opinion, but I hope they just do that again.

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Guys, Miku V4 is NOT fixed sampled from her V2. They are new samples recorded to SOUND like her V2, but aren't the same samples.

OcarinaLink24

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Guys, Miku V4 is NOT fixed sampled from her V2. They are new samples recorded to SOUND like her V2, but aren't the same samples.
I see....Then what do they mean by 'repaired' samples? I know nothing of vocaloid programming jargin, so that's what I assumed it meant. I also thought there were concerns about Fujita's voice aging...I suppose they moved past that? I figured by 'repaired' they meant the docked up the old samples to be clearer and more stable.

Last edited: