Mikumentrary

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Was anyone else unimpressed with the Mikumentrary?

I mean it seemed very well filmed and put together but it seemed content light and really narrow in focus.

What were your thoughts?

XJM

Teto's Territory
RE:

I haven't seen anymore of that Mikumentary thing... I think it is kinda biased but at least they make an effort to hear from others.

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I hadn't even heard of the thing before this thread. I tried to watch it, but after reading one too many comments on Youtube from rabid Miku fans, I can't stomach anything too Miku-centric for more than a minute or two. (It didn't help that the subtitles were kind of hard for me to read.)

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
RE:

Reading the posts here I went into it expecting to be disappointed as well. And disappointed I was, disappearing from that channel before the first video had time to complete.

Despite the background from which I was introduced, I always prefer Vocaloid to be seen as a step forward in music production and not some Miku-centric community phenomenon.

XJM

Teto's Territory
Adlez27 said:
I always prefer Vocaloid to be seen as a step forward in music production and not some Miku-centric community phenomenon.

That's how I feel. On one hand I probably would't be here if Miku had not been the popular virtual doll she is but now that I am actually seeing things from the viewpoint of a producer I'd like to see more use of other vocaloids. I've got a special place in my heart for Miku but she's not the only one out there lol

Agatechlo

Specified.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Is this the same video that's going to be shown @ AX on Sunday? Is it already on the net?

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Agatechlo said:
Is this the same video that's going to be shown @ AX on Sunday? Is it already on the net?

I'm not 100% sure, but it doesn't sound like it (I had to scour the AX website before I managed to find it on the the schedule oops). Even if it is, maybe the AX one will have better quality. Although now I'm beginning to think maybe the reason it looked so bad to me was because my default quality seems to have been set super low double oops

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I agree with Hentai. It was very well put together, but the fact that it just focuses on Miku when there are sooooooo many more VOCALOIDs out there is a little annoying. And even inside the topic of Miku, it is a little light on info.

also, "Miku is a free character and popular with everyone. She is great free media" yeah, wonderfully free if you don't count the over $140 price tag that you have to fork over to use her voice