[Mine Laru QUERY (Kire)] Rolling girl (rock ver.)

Borginia

Teto's Territory
Listen please and critique~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_kfkqIcbd0

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/unbekannt-p/rocking-rollin-shark[/soundcloud]

the most goes mad about ritsu kire.
now listen to this guy.
and begin the fangirling about him.

He is the utau with the most multiple tones voicebank ever (14, all of them VCV!)
And he will get soon his CV append with 18 pitches!
And his Kire like voicebank (called query) is so perfect.
and just 4 tones like ritsu
He sounds manly and perfect.
If you guys search an manly utau use him~
he needs love. ;u;

Polite borginia

(to clear up he is a dragon/shark hybrid. not squirtle from pokemon. lol )

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
That's the smoothest manly voice I've heard from a Vocaloid/UTAU evar. I think I am in love.  :uhm:

Yue Nagareboshi

Senior Tutor
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
I have downloaded it....

The bank is NOT smooth. It's dodgy due a lot of wrongly oto's samples.... I have seen preutterance being a 2/3 of the consonant itself. It's seems like a REALLY rushed otoing work; because stuff like this keeps happening on several strings. Another issue I can talk about is volume change fluctuation in between samples.

This same issue happened with his 21-semitones CV and 14-semitones VCV. They were never correctly oto'd. This new bank is a 4 semitones bank, so it won't be as painful to reoto as the previous banks.

Another comment is that this bank should not be compared to Namine Ritsu KIRE or others, since this is not a belting bank at the high tone (C4), but is also a mutipitch dynamic bank. It's like comparing Samura Tomi and Mattsudapoiyo; both are good but meant to be used in different ways.

On a side note:
Mine Laru is NOT a shark/dragon hybrid (like saying he is both at the same time). He has 3 canon shapes:
- Shark shape, the most popular
- Dragon shape, the one used as avatar in query
- Human/Elf shape, used in a few covers at NND.

these designs were illustrated by mattsun herself:
19269224.png

[sub][sub]Reference: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=19269224[/sub][/sub]

So it's up to you to draw him in the shape you want. I feel the voicer gave these 3 shapes for people who can't draw or reject ANIMALOIDS (Yes, a big part of the community reject to work with him because he is an ANIMALOID).

Just making it clear before people spazz without analyzing the bank itself; yet, I know people will start making covers of -ERROR, +REVERSE, and others without caring of the technical facts around the bank.

Good luck reotoing! :D

Borginia

Teto's Territory
Yue Nagareboshi link said:
I have downloaded it....

The bank is NOT smooth. It's dodgy due a lot of wrongly oto's samples.... I have seen preutterance being a 2/3 of the consonant itself. It's seems like a REALLY rushed otoing work; because stuff like this keeps happening on several strings. Another issue I can talk about is volume change fluctuation in between samples.

This same issue happened with his 21-semitones CV and 14-semitones VCV. They were never correctly oto'd. This new bank is a 4 semitones bank, so it won't be as painful to reoto as the previous banks.

Another comment is that this bank should not be compared to Namine Ritsu KIRE or others, since this is not a belting bank at the high tone (C4), but is also a mutipitch dynamic bank. It's like comparing Samura Tomi and Mattsudapoiyo; both are good but meant to be used in different ways.

On a side note:
Mine Laru is NOT a shark/dragon hybrid (like saying he is both at the same time). He has 3 canon shapes:
- Shark shape, the most popular
- Dragon shape, the one used as avatar in query
- Human/Elf shape, used in a few covers at NND.

these designs were illustrated by mattsun herself:
19269224.png

[sub][sub]Reference: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=19269224[/sub][/sub]

So it's up to you to draw him in the shape you want. I feel the voicer gave these 3 shapes for people who can't draw or reject ANIMALOIDS (Yes, a big part of the community reject to work with him because he is an ANIMALOID).

Just making it clear before people spazz without analyzing the bank itself; yet, I know people will start making covers of -ERROR, +REVERSE, and others without caring of the technical facts around the bank.

Good luck reotoing! :D

wow nice critique :o
But still, you don't downloaded mine laru's oto.ini fixed 4 tones. lol
and the creator of mine laru is working actually alone.
while ritsu is a creation of a group
so he does many possible errors.
and he keep updating his voicebanks oto.ini's
and it was for me really easy to use him, just in some points the vowels aren't hearable if the note is too short.
and he sounds so smooth, because i used crossfade optimization, so his voicebank sounds smoother in overlap.
after 5 times i got that what you hear in the video.

and where you know that his 21 CV is released?
I never saw them anywhere

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Um, working alone doesn't excuse errors like not finishing an oto.  It's not even "errors", it's like he literally didn't oto all of it.  :I  As someone who works alone and has oto'd several multitone VCV banks, I can say it doesn't excuse a thing.  Why would you release someone that takes other people tons of effort to use...?

He is a little tiny bit off-time (re-optimizing doesn't do anything after the first time), which would be what a re-oto would fix completely.  And that about the vowels not being heard is because the preutterances are wrong...

He is a nice bank though, I just think it'd be good if his voicer would finish his otos prior to release v_v it's not that hard.  Like, I custom oto'd Soledi's 5-tone VCV in a few weeks time.

The 21-pitch CV is released, but I don't know where right now.

Yue Nagareboshi

Senior Tutor
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
As Cdra says, the 95% of the UTAULOID authors work alone, and Laru's voicer already has many years in the JP community. Making an incomplete/wrong oto at this point is no excuse.

In VIPPA teams, not all the members do oto. One person is in change of doing so; and that is reflected on a uniform method.

If Halo, Cdra, and me oto's a VB with one tone each one, the discrepancy at methods would be shown at some point.

About the 21-semitone CV:
That VB was discontinued. The bank was released with Laru's cover of Anti the Infinite Holic long time ago. The link is still there; but you can't DL him because the link is dead. I have a copy of it but by obvious reasons I can't redistribute.

Laru%2021%20tones.PNG

Mono-pitch appends and some "ENG" sylables are available to dowload from what I know.

The fact of having a great voice does not "forgive" wrongly done otos. While others may say using high values of Consonant Velocity may fix this, that is wrong and that process only kills the consonant sounds.

Borginia

Teto's Territory
@yue and @cdra: Oh i didn't knew that.
actually i thought those sounds fine.
but i am pretty bad with vcv at the moment.
But i hope he will do soon new oto.ini's for his new voicebanks.
since he has good samples at all.

and its really sad that his 21 tones are not aviable anymore.
I hope he will re-release them soon.
Since i am a big fan of his voice.
and on his new video on nico i found his new oto's for his 14 tones.
Before the update they sounded very strange, yes they did.
But he should update soon as possible his New 4 tones, because they are really awesome. I wished so much for an manly voicebank who sounds really good.

But i think his voice fits good for the 4 tones. ^-^
he still needs love guys, also if his oto's are at the moment bad, he keeps updating them! ;w;

Polite borginia

Miramiee

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Ok. I'm officially in love with this guy. That is all.

Haha no. Seriously, this guy--is amazing. New favorite male utau..next to Ritsu, of course.

Borginia

Teto's Territory
This is, for me my favorite Singer, like for luyurippe her Piko.
I will use him for many, maaany covers.
yes i will.
@Yue Nagareboshi: you know anything about the release for his 21 tone CV append?
I would love to hear any information about it as possible.

polite borginia

Yue Nagareboshi

Senior Tutor
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
The release of Laru's 21-semitone CV was with this video

[UTAU]ANTI THE∞HOLiC[水音ラル強単独音]

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm13549563

Since the link died (and possibly he didn't had a backup) the link in the NND video was removed. The YT reprint has the original text from the day it was posted; and as you see, the link is dead.

Laru's Appends can be found on his nicodic entry:
http://dic.nicovideo.jp/a/%E6%B0%B4%E9%9F%B3%E3%83%A9%E3%83%AB

Link to them are under 音源配布所 section. Have in mind these are really old banks.
EDIT: Bad news.... most of those appends links are dead now.

Borginia

Teto's Territory
Yue Nagareboshi link said:
The release of Laru's 21-semitone CV was with this video

[UTAU]ANTI THE∞HOLiC[水音ラル強単独音]

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm13549563

Since the link died (and possibly he didn't had a backup) the link in the NND video was removed. The YT reprint has the original text from the day it was posted; and as you see, the link is dead.

Laru's Appends can be found on his nicodic entry:
http://dic.nicovideo.jp/a/%E6%B0%B4%E9%9F%B3%E3%83%A9%E3%83%AB

Link to them are under 音源配布所 section. Have in mind these are really old banks.
EDIT: Bad news.... most of those appends links are dead now.

oh god.
i thought his vcv sang that.
The creator of mine laru is a great troll.
at first sight i tought it was a actual nico singer.
I want that 21 tone cv.
so.
****ing.
much.
btw

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18561657
this video has some informations about the new appends.
it seems like the 14 tone vcv has the design of The Shark form
the Query append the dragon form
and the last one (i think the update of the 21 cv semitone) the human form
and the dowload for the new oto.ini 14 tone is up on that video and aviable as download.