Mojibake problems?? FIXED

comet3

local rain enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
Okay, I know everyone and their mother have had the locale problem where UTAU turns into mojibake when you open it, but here's the thing: I've changed my locale and I have the jp keyboard installed (which works fine). After doing these things I restarted my computer and redownloaded then reinstalled UTAU but it still didn't seem to work and I can't fix the problem.
I did try uninstalling UTAU first of course but a weird error came up and it would shut down the uninstalling process.
See, UTAU and its friends (oremo, setparam, etc) worked fine on my old computer, but when I got my new computer, everything went downhill. They both run on Windows 10. Also, I had several UTAU readmes with various Japanese text in them. Now, they open as mojibake.
I can see Japanese text in Google Chrome and I can copy+paste it wherever. I rewrote the readmes and saved them in Unicode which let me view them again with jp text.
I also tried opening UTAU and pulling up a voicebank, but the filename (which was in Japanese) turned to question marks and refused to open. Also, oremo and setparam won't open at all. (I have the english ver of both.)
I'm honestly so confused; I've scoured Google, I've troubleshooted in as many ways as I know, and I can't fix the problem. Please help! (I can provide screenshots if you need, just ask and be specific please.)

[EDIT] I've uninstalled UTAU completely, restarted, and tried to install it again, to be greeted with mojibake yet again. Also, all my oto.inis are in shambles. I don't want to have to re-oto this entire finished voicebank (I have no other copies of it anywhere).

[EDIT] I fiddled around with some stuff and it's fixed. hooray :uhuhu:

Last edited: