Open Discussion More moderators?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by kimchi-tan, Nov 5, 2016.

1. kimchi-tan

kimchi-tan Your local Mikotard Global Mod Moderator Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    This kind of ties in with the tutors thread. Since @Zoku mentioned the forum needing more active mods there, might as well make a new thread for it here.

In my opinion, starting recruitment for moderators during this time period before the holiday start would be a good idea in recruiting potential active staff especially since it's a busy time of the year. Members active in a busy period would most likely still be active throughout other busy times of the year.

3. Shasta

Shasta Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Well, I mean, I personally haven't seen much going on in the forum that heavier moderation is really needed for, except for a few things here or there. I do agree, with holidays coming up, more people will have free time, thus there will be more post and heavier moderation may be needed. Also since moderators have jobs outside for UF, they won't always be able to be online, so perhaps more moderators would be beneficial.

4. TheEndIsNearUs

TheEndIsNearUs Residential Cat Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I don't really have any interest in becoming a mod, but I'd certainly be interested in becoming a tutor.

5. partial

partial your local dead android Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I'm not smart enough to be a tutor, but I'm pretty active since I have an art thread I update pretty frequently. I won't ask to be a nod though, since there are definitely others that are more qualified.

6. Kassandra

Kassandra Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I'm old (okay not rly old but I feel old compared to the youngins) and on frequently (for now) so I have all this random utau knowledge (I don't know everything, but enough to help), so I would love to tutor, I would be glad to mod as well if you wanted, although it may be too soon because idk if people are still mad at me or not. Anyway, I'd be glad to help out.

7. ☆彡иα∂ιѕ☆彡

☆彡иα∂ιѕ☆彡 Local smol Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    i'm not skilled enough to become a tutor but i'd certainly be a mod bc i'm able to be pretty active on here since i don't work all the time

海天使 and nanaro like this.
  8. HoneyPai

HoneyPai Defoko's Slaves Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I'm on quite often I'd say, I'm interested in being a mod, I'm not the best teacher but I have a decent amount of knowledge about utau so I could still offer help when needed

9. nanaro

nanaro protect floofy son at all costs Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    since I'm literally active on the forum most of the time and more active mods are needed I would definitely be interested in becoming a mod since I browse through a lot of threads on the forum

10. ☆彡иα∂ιѕ☆彡

Trophy Points
    well actually, wouldn't there also have to be age restrictions on who becomes a mod or does that even matter

HoneyPai, LilyoftheValley and nanaro like this.
  11. LilyoftheValley

LilyoftheValley Your local flower girl Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I would be interested in moderating. I do have experience in moderation on other platforms. I am a Community Ambassador in the game Guns of Icarus Online so I'm fairly used to dealing with things that moderators are familiar with. But not sure how much UTAU knowledge would be needed for the position, I've only been using UTAU for a year.

12. HoneyPai

Trophy Points
    I also question with Nadis about the age restriction
    I also forgot to mention ,if it matters
    I am a mod on 2 deviantart groups

13. ☆彡иα∂ιѕ☆彡

Trophy Points
    The art site that I go on p consistently is having Mod interviews and they had an entire form for people to fill out but you had to be at least 15 to be a moderator and they said it as for legal reasons??? Idk if that would apply to this forum tho.

HoneyPai likes this.
  14. Kassandra

Trophy Points
    I think a form to fill out is a good idea, and I think age restriction would be a good thing as well.

15. ☆彡иα∂ιѕ☆彡

Trophy Points
    and then perhaps some sort of interview either by skype, Line, DM, etc. because even though some people have been members for a long time, they need to be qualified in terms of how to handle certain situations, understand what's allowed on the forums, and so on.

16. Kassandra

Trophy Points
    yeah and i haven't been on here for very long so idk if i'd be qualified to mod per say, and i curse a lot so idk if that's OK or not (despite it being censored). I'm not really familiar with how things work here either, so that doesn't help. I'd probably be best for tutoring since I've used utau for over 5 years. I'd still love to mod of course, but at the same time, there's gotta be restrictions and everything, I believe more in being fair than my own interests.

17. ☆彡иα∂ιѕ☆彡

Trophy Points
    i also agree with shasta in that there's not a ton of things here that really need extra mods and stuff but also, i only see a couple of active mods on here and also with the fact holidays are coming up, people are gonna be more active and stuff so at least considering it is prolly a good idea

Tomato Hentai and nanaro like this.
  18. HoneyPai

Trophy Points
    I don't know, I think there are a few things that mods aren't present to see
    Like one rule is to not insult or trash talk other users in the chat
    And that happens
    Even a mod did it at one point xD

19. Kassandra

Trophy Points
    i don't do that anymore, but i have so that would probably count against me. i haven't actually typed anything into the chat in a while and i probably won't bother unless i feel like it's something i can answer a question to or give advice.

HoneyPai likes this.
  20. HoneyPai

Trophy Points
    Everyone trash talks, that's fine and it shouldn't count against anyone but trashing users in the chat, according to rules, should not happen/is not allowed
    But there isn't enough mods to see it happen
    Or they don't care because they trash in the chat too

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  21. Kassandra

Trophy Points
    yeah, that's true, and this fandom is well known for drama with other people lol.

HoneyPai likes this.