Multiple Avatars for One UTAU?

FelineWasteland

Feral Catboy
Defender of Defoko
I'm thinking of making more than one representation for my UTAU -- that is to say, his official design is a robot, but I'm thinking of creating an official "human" design for him as well (maybe even a furry one lol).

Would this be too confusing, do you think? I haven't seen any others do this, aside from maybe alternate outfits, or a human design for an object UTAU.

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
If you wish to do it, do it ^^ I have a plan like this for one of my own UTAU, and I think it's a big plus to do things that almost no one else has done! So go for it, it'd be cool :smile:

Reactions: FelineWasteland

FelineWasteland

Feral Catboy
Defender of Defoko
That would be an interesting concept, if you put a story behind it or lore, or it's just for fun.
I'm thinking along the lines of having his robot form be the canon version for his story (if I ever decide to tell it, anyways), but making an official human form just for fun. Plus, not everyone can draw robots.

Piia

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Unpopular Opinion: It's gonna be quite confusing, no offense.
Maybe if you still kept a touch of It's official robot design with all the others, it might not be that much of a confusion.
But hey it's your UTAU so you have the right to do whatever you want with it.

FelineWasteland

Feral Catboy
Defender of Defoko
I see, but I hope his human form doesn't 0ver shadow his canon form. Is his concept already out? Or is it still in the making?
His concept's already been released
cassiel_official_art_by_theendisnearus-daktvt5.png

I'm having second thoughts about the alt design, actually. I'll have to think on it more, but that's part of the reason I made this thread, because I'm indecisive and wanted other people's opinions on it.

Reactions: Arissa

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I don't think having an alternate design would be confusing at all, as it doesn't really change anything other than how the end-user decides to visually represent him. Or, if the alternate design is also a completely separate character (and not just "human version/AU") then it provides another option for people writing stories, like fanfics or lyrics.
This reminds me of a couple things. I've seen people who've had one voicebank represent multiple, separate characters, via flags. The other thing is the fact that I've actually used UTAU banks just for the voice, to represent an entirely different character, akin to how some vocaloid songs feature OCs in PVs while still being sung by Hatsune Miku.
Ultimately, I think it's just about what you want to provide as resources for other people.

Reactions: FelineWasteland