Multiple online aliases?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by LilyoftheValley, Feb 6, 2017.

1. LilyoftheValley

LilyoftheValley Your local flower girl Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Do you have another alias you use online besides the one you use here?

I go by Lily of the Valley (previously Emily Pinku) in the UTAU community.

My gaming alias is Portable Grump. Others are variations of "Portable Grump" like Grump Clump and Grumpy. The name is a reference to the Game Grump's playthrough of Guns of Icarus Online, my favourite game.

3. kimchi-tan

kimchi-tan Your local Mikotard Global Mod Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I used to go by kimtan1999 when I was younger but that username was too personal OTL I usually go by kimchi-tan these days. Sometimes by yuhattan. If I make a second account, I go by kimchi-tangerine.

4. Animé Fan

Animé Fan Head of the Shonen Academy Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I have three main online aliases which I use interchangably: Animé Fan, MaryKosmos, and MaryKosmosVer2.

During my elementary school [weeb] years, I went by the name AnimeFan8447 but later changed that to Animé Fan to avoid being associated with unoriginality. To many, Animé Fan still seems sort of unoriginal.

MaryKosmos and MaryKosmosVer2 are practically the same thing. That name originally started out on deviantART when I took the name MaryKosmos (which is now deactivated), but after years of not using the account and later forgetting the password, I made a new account with the same name, only with Ver2 (short for Version 2). The name itself was derived from a Tektek.org avatar that my sister sent me years ago since I'm a huge Xenosaga fan, but ironically KOS-MOS is not my favorite character from the series.

5. heta-tan

heta-tan Genderless Goon Global Mod Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I go by Heta-tan everywhere but DA because I made my account before I found myself. I just think it's easier for people to find me else where and it's less confusing for others and myself.

6. Piia

Piia Retired User Retired User Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I go by Piia almost everywhere really, but I use SoPiia and piiachan when the username's already taken. I used to use SufWazHir (tbh I dunno why I chose that username in my cringey preteen days OTL) ^^

7. sailor _ravioli

sailor _ravioli Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    im yourlocalgodzilla on dA and i have a few others on a bunch of sites too lazy to list em all but theyre all food related bc food is my passion

8. Ame。

Ame。 Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I go by Ame these days. Sometimes Youka. My gaming alias is Shiigure.

I use a lot of alias back then but those are the ones i mainly go by i swear orz

notice how "ame" and "shiigure" have something to do with the rain

9. VocAddict

VocAddict Voice Within Us Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I go by VocAddict everywhere except Wattpad (because some other idiot took the username before me) and KH13 where I use KHMaster101. Oh and Instagram (a derivative of VocAddict).

Though, I use the same profile picture everywhere so, it's not that hard to know it's me lol.

I had some old usernames consisting of trinilawrence (and they many versions when I forget their passwords) but I dropped it when I got sucked into another fandom.

I'm thinking of changing my username but I am working on something more original.

10. Piia

Piia Retired User Retired User Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    *pats your back*
    Sameee hahaha :')

VocAddict likes this.
  11. 幸兔雪 (Yukito Yuki)

幸兔雪 (Yukito Yuki) Defoko's Slaves Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    When I was *cough* a teenager, I tried to create an account to to MovieStarPlanet by name "Pupu" (means bunny in ENG) but it was all ready taken XD So, I added word "omena" (means an apple) at end and ta-da! Pupuomena! "Bunny apple" Wasn't taken!

Even tho I quit playing that game long time ago (the community of that game was super toxic, unhealthy, childish and many people made me feel very cringey and I was constantly bullied there and every day dozens of trolls sent me mean messages and many made anonymously "joke accounts" named like "Pupuomenaisidiot" and so on) I'm still using at many places "Pupuomena" because usually that isn't taken and I'm kinda have stick to that name (and sounds cute//slapped)

But lately, I've started to use "alternative" name ププねぇー/Pupunee specially at NND and Twitter (IDK, saying "Pupuomena" in Japanese way just well weird to me, so I tweaked it a bit).

Many calls me shortly as "Pupu" but I've also called as "Pup" "Pupuo" "Nee" "Nee-san" etc. All are fine :")

12. partial

partial UTAU English advocate Global Mod Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    partial, Celes, shnail.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    VocAddict and LilyoftheValley like this.
  13. Kitcat190

Kitcat190 Defoko's Slaves Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    On most sites I go by kitcat190.
    Soundcloud and QT I go by n_nSUGARn_n
    On youtube I'm Alicedoesthings and finally on twitter I'm alicethethug o u o9

LilyoftheValley likes this.
  14. Buck

Buck Ruko's Ruffians Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I'm sometimes BuckSmasher, mostly in video games. There are still a few places where I go by Ironchamp, although I've more or less dropped that name

Piia likes this.
  15. Kiyoteru

Kiyoteru Local Sensei Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    My solution to the whole multiple name thing was to drop the noise and smash it all together into one name. I'm adlez-vaatixmidna on some places, adlez27 on most others, and go by DystoP as a producer despite not being particularly dystopian. But in the end it's "Kiyoteru Lofe Adlez Dystopia". All of them are basically valid. As a side effect of developing such an alias over time, I can usually tell when I met someone by whether they call me Adlez, Lofe, or KLAD.

Piia and VocAddict like this.
  16. partial

Trophy Points
    ^ I still see you as Adlez tbh

kimchi-tan and Kiyoteru like this.
  17. idol

idol Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Usually I go by guroko/idol and variations of that for usernames- then, al for just my normal name.

18. partial

Trophy Points
    I used to go by a few names - namely TVF, WIL, and nanyo. Luumas on Skype.

Partial is an obvious one, but I think I've permanently settled on partialkakera.

LilyoftheValley likes this.
  19. Iris Dragonoure

Iris Dragonoure Your Local Seventeen Trash Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I normally use Iris Dragonoure everywhere, but that's not even the full name. The full version is Iris Negai Dragonoure. I was in a Pokemon roleplay once and I wanted to give Iris a full name, and now I'm just used to the name Iris.
    On Wattpad, DeviantArt, Wikia, and basically any account I made in sixth grade, I'm awesomejellystar. I want to go Core on dA, but I think the name is iconic. It came from when I played Animal Jam back like four years ago. My animal name was Awesome Jellystar, so I used it everywhere.

20. OnegaiKudasai

OnegaiKudasai Teto's Territory Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Hi fellow Negai //shot

Back when I first started being active (aka mostly lurking) in the Internet, I first used IyaMei2010 for Facebook roleplay games like Ameba Pico and Pet Society. It was a combination of my OCs back then.

When I started a Wattpad account I then went by NegaiShin (because I was a weeb and wantee my name to mean 'death of a wish'. Yep, I was edgy as heckkk). I've since deleted that account, it was embarassing...

Then when I started making UTAU originals, younger me thought that having the name OnegaiKudasai was awesome, and to this day I always facepalm when I open UtaForum because of younger me's terrible decisions and I can't change my username to just Negai yet :'D

Currently, I just go by Negai, or NegaiShin if it's too short. Some of my friends call me Negi as a nickname.

21. Chillyfrish

Chillyfrish Take me back to the night we met... Retired User Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Well other than the fact that I have a real problem with not being able to keep the same name for too long.
    (like even in real life I would ask people to call me something other than my real name)
    I've gone by Kentashen, Clover, Yersinia, Jirachi and now Matcha