My UTAU is possessed, omg

ArrowKishi

Ruko's Ruffians
Well, my utau is ver0.4.17. I know I should use a newer version, but...
It worked so fine until some days ago started to mess up all the syllables... Here's a sample:

(I started converting the ust into CV VC, so the sample is half CV VC and half CV)

And this voicebank (CV VC ita/JP) never had problems, it's the highest quality vb I've ever made.
Well, if you don't trust me, this was made last week (forgive the bad mixing) :

Uhm wait, now I remember I had some problem with consonants in this. Woh.
(ok I admit it, I used a CV VC as a CV, but it has an its own romaji reclist and I still don't know how to make Delta's plugin work with this lol)

You're probably thinking "well, try to uninstall it and download a newer version"
Yeah. I've already tried it.
I doesn't want to uninstall! It shows me an error message but I can't read japanese (at least, not with all those kanjis djfsndcm)
I don't know what to do T-T please help me

6fc978.png

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
If it helps any, the error message reads:

'There is a problem with this Windows Installation Package. Despite the installation being completed, a critical program is unable to launch. Please contact the installation package's distributor or support staff."

Pupperoni Pizza

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Oh! That is pretty much tech speak for "download and try again, you're on your own".

pretty much the same, if worst comes to worse you can probably use a 3rd party uninstall program.

Zarsla

ENG-JPN UTAU User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
@ArrowKishi
1. Close everything
2. Restart your computer
3.Make sure you're in an account that has administration account access.
3.5. Delete Utau folder (except anything you want to keep)
4.go to controll panel
5.go to uninstall programs
6.look for utau in the list.
7.right click it and select uninstall
8.Install Utau.
Tell me if it works.( Hopefully this helps)
-Zarsla

ArrowKishi

Ruko's Ruffians
Oh my God I'ts done! I managed to install a newer version! It works good with most of the usts I have on my computer, except for two. One is that ust I used for the preview, the other one is from the ust set for Alice in Musicland which was "new" - I've never loaded it. I tried to delete the cache files from both ust folders but nothing changed...

Reactions: Terindie

Zarsla

ENG-JPN UTAU User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
@ArrowKishi
Can you re-install any of those USTs into UTAU, (eg get a new one) and then tell me what happens after that is done.