My VCV Won't Make Any Sound

Mango-san

Momo's Minion
I know there have been a lot of tutorials on how to fix this sort of thing, but I've tried all of them and had absolutely no luck. I've tried the plugin, clearing the STP and everything in the note properties, and I've made sure that I'm using a VCV ust with my UTAU. I have a feeling that it could be my aliases or something but I have no idea. The notes are named in hiragana, and they're aliased in romaji. Please help me, I've spent over half the week total in time doing this voice bank, and I don't to have it all be a waste.:bigtears:

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
Mind taking a screenshot of your oto.ini screen? So we can see the aliases.

Mango-san

Momo's Minion
I feel stupid for saying it, but I don't know how to do that.

_ああいあうえあ.wav=- あF4,799,63,4717,2,1
_ああいあうえあ.wav=a あF4,857,301,4717,300,100
_ああいあうえあ.wav=a いF4,1706,363,4047,300,100

This is just a few oto.ini configurations from the file, hopefully this gives you an idea of what they are. Sorry for my lack of technology smarts.

naghavi

resident linguist
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
there's a printscreen key on your keyboard, probably upper righthand corner. press it while you have whatever we need to see on the screen up, then paste in paint, save it, post, etc

but the aliases you pasted from the file look normal...

AmeKinoko

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
To take a screenshot, press alt+print screen.
edit: an answer was given before I posted! I was too late!

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
Okay! No worries.
What I'm seeing here is that your prefix.map is probably not configured. Go here:

tumblr_nep4af8HPs1s51j31o1_1280.png

and then Select All, add the suffix "F4", and click "Set". There you go!

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
Try relaunching UTAU. That error usually happens unrelated, so it may be just happenstance.

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
And the prefix.map is still set to F4 for every note still, correct?

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
Now that's weird.
Could you look up how to take screenshots on your computer (windows, mac, etc) and take screens of the prefix.map screen, the oto screen, and the UST in UTAU, please? Just to get an idea of what you're looking at.

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
Try posting those to a image hosting website instead. You posted your computer's personal address, which I can't access.

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
Yes you did!

From what I'm seeing, that UST is definitely not in VCV. VCV is formatted like this within a voicebank:

tumblr_nep7egbMZI1s51j31o1_1280.png

See how starting notes are prefixed with a "-", and other notes are prefixed with the sound of the previous note?

For example, "ひびかせ (hibikase)" up there is input as "[- ひ] [i び] [i か] [a せ]. See how that works?

There's some plugins you can get too, that convert CV USTs to VCV.

Mango-san

Momo's Minion
I was told that the ust was a VCV. I also have the Lyric Diphonizer plugin and I used it but it's like it did nothing. Unfortunately, I can't find many VCV usts of songs I want her to cover, which is probably my best bet at this point.

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
Is your UTAU completely OTO'd in VCV? The Diphonizer reads directly off your UTAU's otos in order to know what to do, and if it doesn't have all the info it needs, it doesn't work. It also doesn't like "multipitch suffixes" either, because the program doesn't know what to do with those. If you have any VCV voicebanks without multipitch suffixes, and use that as the active voicebank while using the plugin, it should function fine. :wink:

naghavi

resident linguist
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
i'm not sure why the diphoniser isn't working for you, can you post the ust and i can try to convert it to vcv for you?
edit: above post is probably correct, yes

Mango-san

Momo's Minion
Yes, everything is OTO'd. I only have two voicebanks though. My UTAU Sayuki's CV voicebank and the VCV one we're trying to fix now. If you could show me how to tell if the voicebank has multipitch suffixes or how to get rid of them(?) that would be great. :smile: