My VCV Won't Make Any Sound

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
Sure.

If you go into her voicebank folder, see how all her .wav files end in F4? That's often used in multipitch to differentiate between pitches.
If you recorded in Oremo, then there may have been a setting for F4 within the program. Otherwise, it's hard to do unintentionally.

The only way you could get rid of that is by removing them by hand from all the files and the oto, but that takes an excruciatingly long time, so you might as well keep it in. The prefix.map is the program that allows the program to recognize "F4" as a suffix and not part of the VCV file's alias.

Catching everything so far? It's definitely a hit-the-ground-running thing.

Mango-san

Momo's Minion
I get it. So for this type of voicebank I should only use usts specifically made for VCV's. There are also still a lot of songs I don't know that possibly have VCV usts, but I'm having a hard time finding a list with the downloads. If you know of any good ones could you post the link here?

Edit: or at least some good vocaloid songs that have VCV usts

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
Well, actually, you can use any UST for this UTAU!
All you need to do is load a VCV voicebank without the suffixes (so, just one pitch), into the UST you want to convert. Use the Diphonizer. Then it's converted! You can then load your other voicebank into the UST, and since the UST is now VCV, it shall work.

Edit: I should add that the Diphonizer only works for hiragana USTs, and romaji needs to be converted to hiragan before the Diphonizer works on it.

Mango-san

Momo's Minion
I'm sort of new to UTAU, so like I said before she only has this one VCV because I literally started this less than a month ago.. I wanted her voicebank to be made from my voice. I have a lot of time on my hands right now so I could probably go back and change the suffixes. Thank you so much for the help though! I really appreciate it. I'll go see how changing the suffixes works, if any problems come up again I'll post another message on the thread.

naghavi

resident linguist
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
use the suffixbroker to remove suffixes. you don't have to do it by hand.
look up a guide, my explanation wouldn't be good enough

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
She doesn't need suffixes removed on the notes, though, @naghavi. She needs them removes from her UTAU, which are already on the WAVs, the oto's, and the frq's.

Honestly, I would recommend working with other UTAU and their voicebanks before pioneering unto yours, just so you know what the workings are. If you download a VCV utau with no multipitch suffixes (aka, no F4s, or other things, also called a "monopitch") then you can use that, just to load it while using the diphonizer.

If you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask, really! It's a learning process and I'm more than happy to help. :uhuhu:

Mango-san

Momo's Minion
Actually, I only need to get rid of the suffixes once; only from the oto. If I fix the suffixes in the oto txt file, move that to my desktop, and erase the frequency files, I'll be fine. After the suffixes and frequency files are gone, I can add the txt file back into her voice folder, select multi frequency and get each note all done at once. If the slow down makes the program not respond, then I'll wait two hours and most of them will have the tables done, the rest being a manageable number.

I did the same thing with the frequencies earlier today and it worked out just fine, so I know it'll work.

I have no idea if you're going to understand this, but this is my easy way to do this. This way it doesn't take over 4 hours.

Mango-san

Momo's Minion
I set UTAU up so it would do the frequency tables while I was sleeping, and when I went back into it and used the plugin everything started working right! Thanks for pointing out the suffix problem for me!