Need help planning an Utau

BYTE01

Teto's Territory
So, I got an Utau. I called him Keto Meri. He was a CV, but since he was my first Utau he came out strong accented and los quality. So none really wants to use him (me included). But I don't want to give up on him. I planned to rerecord his CV and give him these three voicebanks: Straight, Bold and Gentle. The Problem now is my accent is still to noticable, I could do it if I had an i structor but that's a bit unrealistic. Also I'd need a better mic, but don't have much money left nor an idea which to buy. I'm not sure what to do now. Should I give up on him?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
For the accent, you could use things like youtube videos to help guide your pronunciation, and ask for feedback from the UTAU community on the accent of your samples.

As for the microphone, we'd need to know your budget in order to make a recommendation.

BYTE01

Teto's Territory
Up to 50 euros, eeeh don't know what that's in Dollar but I think a bit less.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hhm, I've heard such good things about the Behringer C1U, but it happens to be just a little bit too high...

★StarsNeverStop★

Princess Of The Stars
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I know this isn't an A+ mic but a lot of people actually have one and didn't realize. If you have an XBox and have a microphone for it, the quality, though not the best, can make a pretty clear UTAU.

bio

VocalSynth Enthusiast
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If you havea local gaming store you could use a Konami Wii microphone(what i use to use)
That might be in your budget.

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
For 50 euros the best you would find is the Samson C1u.
But you should save up for something better if you can.
Mic quality is important and nothing sucks more than fussing with low quality recordings

BYTE01

Teto's Territory

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
My thoughts are the same as JeremyB796. It's more work to get decent sound from low quality recordings (which is what your phone, a cheap game/karaoke mic, headset mic, or built in computer mic will all be). If you can be patient, try to save more money and hold out for something better. When you have a better mic, you'll like the raw output more and it'll be easier to oto (or for someone to oto if you commission someone to do it). As for your accent, youtube videos and getting reviews from users here can help you spot where problem areas are.