Needed some help with Spanish

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
EDIT: I know how Spanish pronounces u/r/rr/j/s/z/ñ etc. I'm just unsure about what CC/CCV (and ending consonants) sounds are needed for a good Spanish voicebank.

So, shortly: I've writing CV+ reclist for Spanish (something similar than my Finnish CV+ but just for Spanish).

But! I need little help: I need someone who knows Spanish better than me check that the reclist is really ok to use.

Here is my list in current stage: http://sta.sh/01difkkaftek

I am little unsure about some ending consonant and CC sounds. ^^; (To get CC and ending consonants I've read this thing)

What I've hear that Spanish pronounces bueno like "bweno" but my grandparents who lives in Spain and speaks in some level they just pronounce it how it's written like "bueno" and they says that that's fine.

I guess that "bw" is optional but not 100% sure. Sorry I'm stupid :'D

Ummhhh... Any feedback is appreciated!

Last edited:

Jeffrey

local hiatus'er
Defender of Defoko
I think pronunciation's the same. Filipino's a neighbor language of Espanyol, so I think you might want to check it out.

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
I might not know much about their consonants, but if theres one thing I do know, it is that my spanish teacher kept correcting us when we pronounced the u in spanish. In terms of x-sampa, we used "}" alot, but he wanted us to use "u". It will stil be understandable, but it would sound odd if you don't use "u". (I think it might be comparable with the case of using l instead of r in japanese.)

Nohkara

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I might not know much about their consonants, but if theres one thing I do know, it is that my spanish teacher kept correcting us when we pronounced the u in spanish. In terms of x-sampa, we used "}" alot, but he wanted us to use "u". It will stil be understandable, but it would sound odd if you don't use "u". (I think it might be comparable with the case of using l instead of r in japanese.)
I know how to pronounce Spanish "u". It's pronunciation happens to be same than in Finnish (my mother language) XD

Reactions: HulderBulder

danlof99

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
If you want I can send you my spanish voicebank to check the pronounce... I'm italian and my accent is very similar to the spanish one...

Reactions: Nohkara

keiran h

★Working on it★
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ok vamos a ver esto! Mi primer idioma es el español! Si quieres te puedo ayudar con el reclist! Por cierto ya le eche un vistazo!

Haha so yeah if you need help let me know! Spanish is my mothertounge!

EDIT: Oh! I remember this, this is the Reclist tags you offered to someone a while ago!

Nohkara

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If you want I can send you my spanish voicebank to check the pronounce... I'm italian and my accent is very similar to the spanish one...
Better than nothing! You can send your VB to me if you want...! :smile:
[doublepost=1462950746][/doublepost]
Ok vamos a ver esto! Mi primer idioma es el español! Si quieres te puedo ayudar con el reclist! Por cierto ya le eche un vistazo!

EDIT: Oh! I remember this, this is the Reclist tags you offered to someone a while ago!

Jajaja :'D

Ohhhh, that would be great! OvO)d

Hmm... Is "bw" sound used frequently in Spanish (read my "bueno" example)? If it's frequently used, I think to make bw's recordings as CCV (bwa, bwe, bwi... and so on) and would be used in UTAU "bwa", "bwe"... If not frequently used, I'll keep it as just CC recordings, so it would be used like "bw"+"wa" in UTAU.

And... Do you think that my reclist is overall good, like: having all/most of important/needed sounds? Is there anything to add of remove from list?
[doublepost=1462951084][/doublepost]

Spanish have 5 vowels only, so I wouldn't be too big pain to make often/frequently used CC recordings as CCV. (In general CCV is usually easier to use than CC+CV. Of course I could make all CC recordings in CCV BUT no much point for that(?), 'cause some combinations are so rare)

Jeffrey

local hiatus'er
Defender of Defoko
It should be in CCV form for smooth results, I think. Bueno, buenas, kuarta, kuarto, nuebe, etc. I don't know if these words even exist.

Nohkara

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
It should be in CCV form for smooth results, I think. Bueno, buenas, kuarta, kuarto, nuebe, etc. I don't know if these words even exist.
Ok, I think that then I'll write "bw" recordings as CCV then.

I am bit unsure about ending consonant "y" thing, tho. I haven't heard that Spanish pronounces ending "y" as "y". For example "soy" is pronounced like "soi" - I guess that I can remove ending "y" sounds(?)

keiran h

★Working on it★
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Better than nothing! You can send your VB to me if you want...! :smile:
[doublepost=1462950746][/doublepost]

Jajaja :'D

Ohhhh, that would be great! OvO)d

Hmm... Is "bw" sound used frequently in Spanish (read my "bueno" example)? If it's frequently used, I think to make bw's recordings as CCV (bwa, bwe, bwi... and so on) and would be used in UTAU "bwa", "bwe"... If not frequently used, I'll keep it as just CC recordings, so it would be used like "bw"+"wa" in UTAU.

And... Do you think that my reclist is overall good, like: having all/most of important/needed sounds? Is there anything to add of remove from list?
[doublepost=1462951084][/doublepost]

Spanish have 5 vowels only, so I wouldn't be too big pain to make often/frequently used CC recordings as CCV. (In general CCV is usually easier to use than CC+CV. Of course I could make all CC recordings in CCV BUT no much point for that(?), 'cause some combinations are so rare)
*yawning* hey sorry I just woke up! I'll check the Reclist while eating breakfast hehe!

keiran h

★Working on it★
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Well we use bueno in buenos días or buenas tardes!
But we frequently use words with "u" like cuarto, cuatro, nueve, nuevo!
I'm a little bit confused :sick:

For me it would be easy to explain in Spanish but if I use a translator it won't translate the same

Edit: I can write everything in Spanish and you can see how I express my self and you can see what words I use often

Edit: I verified the Reclist and it looks okay. We just need to test it!

Last edited:

Nohkara

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Well we use bueno in buenos días or buenas tardes!
But we frequently use words with "u" like cuarto, cuatro, nueve, nuevo!
I'm a little bit confused :sick:

For me it would be easy to explain in Spanish but if I use a translator it won't translate the same

Edit: I can write everything in Spanish and you can see how I express my self and you can see what words I use often

Edit: I verified the Reclist and it looks okay. We just need to test it!

Ok, thank you.

I guess that I need to record the VB first, so it's easier to improve it - if needed. :smile:

Jeffrey

local hiatus'er
Defender of Defoko
I am bit unsure about ending consonant "y" thing, tho. I haven't heard that Spanish pronounces ending "y" as "y". For example "soy" is pronounced like "soi" - I guess that I can remove ending "y" sounds(?)

Well, for the Y consonant, you can just do it as VV. You can do "soi" with "so" + "oi/oy" I'm making no sense here XD
(Filipino and Spanish have very very similar phonemes)

Nohkara

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Well, for the Y consonant, you can just do it as VV. You can do "soi" with "so" + "oi/oy" I'm making no sense here XD
(Filipino and Spanish have very very similar phonemes)
REALLY? Oh wow, I guess that I can make also make Filipino voicebank as well! :'DD

Reactions: Jeffrey