New Digital Diva - SELENA

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Also the site does not say no, we updated it to say how we need a response.

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I really hate to be skeptical of all of this, because knowing you I'm sure it's all extremely well-natured, but after the whole Planty fiasco I just really can't help it

One of my major issues with this is that the only person who's publicly stepped forward as a member of this team is you, assuming there even is a team behind all of this. Imo, it's human nature to expect that something is innocent and well-natured, but given past drama in the community it's hard for any of us to assume such.

We don't have much info about SELENA, and considering your group is very new and not very well-known yet, all that you will really do by selling her commercially is hinder how well she does from a community standpoint. I really don't know what I'm trying to say tbh

Basically tl;dr- There is not much information about Digital_S or SELENA at this point in time, and I think expecting people to pay money to a group they know hardly anything about for a project they hardly know anything about is unrealistic at best.

Reactions: keopi and Kiyoteru

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Besides, you as an UTAforum poster have a history of making an announcement post before it was time- Bodytemp's project, which broke NDA and risked her getting sued.

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
That was a mistake. Plus, she already made a thread on another forum so I made one here. It wasn't that I announced her, it was what I said. We are ready this time.

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
That was a mistake. Plus, she already made a thread on another forum so I made one here. It wasn't that I announced her, it was what I said. We are ready this time.

well tbh my point about there being lots of gaps in the information about SELENA and Digital_S still stands then

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
There really aren't any gaps, but if you truly want the current members here~

The members are
Myself (Leader)
Will/Lilliam (Member & Beta Tester)
Ayabunz (Co-Leader)
SkyCurse (Member & Beta Tester)
and Melobunii (Artist)

(Of course they will beta test when the contest is over and the bank is done.)

Last edited:

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The point still stands, @Pepper, you have a bad habit of not presenting information in a concrete and informative fashion that is timely and all together accurate. If I'm being honest in my skepticism, this all comes across as a vanity project in which you want to jump on the commercial bandwagon, but don't want to use UTAU for the sake of being a special snowflake and because your synth of choice is obscure, any mistakes made in configuration can be blamed on the synth as no one here actually uses it and has access to the best usage of it.

And another thing, I simply can't find anything you say to be actually true. If this project were truly out of the generosity of your heart to give back to the community, you wouldn't even have this thread - or the site - up prior to contacting the developers, waiting for their response, and officially having the okay to commercialize your work with their product, complete with a contractual agreement to donate a percentage of the profits back to them. In fact, let me quote the original iteration of the FAQ...

4. Will the profits for this project go toward Festival development? Sadly, no. It will go to future divas instead.

They put their contact information at the bottom of the site's page, so don't make the excuse that 'they don't have a paypal button or donate page.' You would have found a way beforehand and you wouldn't have wrote what you did the first time. You're only backtracking now because you're losing face. I'm also skeptical of the team you supposedly have outside of maybe Melobunii and bio. If you actually had a dedicated team, the amount of screw ups that you've had to go back and fix and defend and explain wouldn't nearly be as numerous and all information would be laid out in a professional, organized, and overall eye catching way. A dedicated team would have caught all of this and would have done quality assurance checks. Nothing about this project has any quality assurance, so really, is there any reason for your intended audience to invest attention in this? No. In business, reputation and representation matters more than even the product itself. A product doesn't sell if the seller isn't convinced of its brand's excellence, but you can't convince the consumer of excellence if you can't make the product appealing in the first place. In short, the discerning buyer of a commercial synth isn't going to choose Selena.

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I said that we already emailed them and are waiting on a response. If you would have read my posts, you would know. This is not just a thing to get money. I don't need money, I have a job. None of this money will be going to us separate individuals personally. I do not allow that and will kick people from the team for doing it. I revealed all info right away because MANY people were telling me too and that we would end up in a Planty situation. I've shown examples of the engine to show the quality. Festival does not require a license to sell a product, so I don't know why you bring that up.

Last edited:
Reactions: keopi and Milk

melobuniiP

Queen of Bunnies, Thou shalt not forget.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
guyz plz stahp
this is becoming a situation like planty, Yeh selena doesnt have a voice yet, But i did the same with usagi when she was halfway done oto'ing ;o;

Rakuei

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
guyz plz stahp
this is becoming a situation like planty, Yeh selena doesnt have a voice yet, But i did the same with usagi when she was halfway done oto'ing ;o;

I agree. Everyone should be supportive of this project. And if you choose not to be, then go about your business. Professionalism is a subjective term, and can be defined from person to person. But everyone starts somewhere. Enough of the judgment, guys. It's not like any of us are on the team that's developing this project, so what do we know? I'm sure there's way more hard work and dedication that's going into this than a lot of people are giving this project credit for. Enough with the negative criticism that doesn't matter or apply to this project in particular, like comparing it to other vocaloids, utauloids, zipperloids, all that. It was said that this was SEPARATE. So let it be that. Be supportive and anticipate further progress. You would want that if it were you, right? I know I would. :3 Be nice to everyone, guys.

I'm new here, so I know nothing of all the drama that started before this or with what people, but that's hardly my concern here. I just hate to see so much skepticism and drama when it's really not necessary. Or rather, I guess I just don't see it as necessary, then again I don't have all the details.

Last edited:

Milk

i like bad things
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I don't think that people who aren't supportive of the project should just go about their business, but I think you guys need to find a nice middle-ground between not saying anything and collectively ganging up on a group that hasn't figured every detail out yet.

Reactions: bio and melobuniiP

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
This thread has been on my radar for "drama watch" more or less since it was started, and if things escalate further, it will have to be locked. However, as I do not believe that to be the fault of either side entirely, I am instead writing this post as a warning of sorts.

While I do not blame those who are asking for more professionalism out of this project, there is no need for so many of you to reiterate the same points -- additionally, some of your commentary has grown to be in bad taste or too sharp-tongued. Please try to step back somewhat and be more careful about what points you make -- do not bring unrelated information to the table, do not outright attack the users behind this project, and try to remain constructive.

For those of you stepping in to defend the project, I would kindly ask you to step back entirely. In the case of a project such as this, the creators should be capable of explaining themselves without need for intervention on the part of other users. If you believe an intervention to be necessary due to the tone or words of other users, please contact the staff instead of simply posting here.

If this matter escalates further, the thread will be locked and I will personally take up the matter of restoring it at a later date with the thread creator.

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Honestly I agree with Cdra and the people who said this all needs to stop at this point.

I'd also like to personally apologize for being rude earlier on in the thread.

Reactions: keopi and Rakuei

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
please note that I am not affiliated with this project and only gave them a few tips and/or pointers previously. Disregard my listing as a team member in the previous posting.
I did help but am not to be considered an actual member or involved with this project in any way.

thank you.

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Woops! That was just an clerical error. Sorry. In other news, we fixed the sample of the engine on her site.

Last edited:

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Update on the contest~
We are now going to be reposting all of the entries onto our SoundCloud account. Then we will post our account on the website as a sort of directory towards submissions so that people who are not well known in the community will be able to have a better chance at being found.

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
This is also just a little bit of an update, we've been getting questions about where we are and apparently someone is telling people we are in Scotland. Please disregard that info because it is not true, all of us in the team reside in the US.

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If I may interject-

The Team that makes "Festival" is who is in Scotland.
The group that is making SELENA is not them-two separate entities.
That should clear up any confusion..
//runsaway

Reactions: partial

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If I may interject-

The Team that makes "Festival" is who is in Scotland.
The group that is making SELENA is not them-two separate entities.
That should clear up any confusion..
//runsaway
Thank you

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ours site now has a sample of singing! We found it with the help of Florawolf~ <3