New upcoming Vocaloids!

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
Surprising that no one has made a thread about them yet especially when they're all in close dates.

The demo's I linked here are the ones that I personally think are the best. If you don't like the ones I picked, I linked a page where you can find their other demo's (if they have more).

ͼ = concept/box art
☻ = link to page with other demos/Vocaloid wikia (technical) page
☼ = homepage (for the product)

Suggested demos:

Macne Nana マクネナナ ͼ
Na☆な! マクネナナ (English and Japanese)
~Now released at 9,800円 (with tax - Japanese only) / 11,800円 (with tax - English only) / 15,800円 (with tax - E/J bundle)~

Meiko V3 (one video for each voicebank) ͼ
Love Addiction (Whisper)
My Goodbye (English)
CRUSH DOWN (Dark)
ソラノカナタ (Straight)
'Strike Back' 逆襲のMEIKO (Power) ~Trial version download~
~Now released at ¥16,800 (with tax)~

Kokone 心響 ͼ
cry for the STAR
~Now released at 10,800円 (without tax)~

galaco ͼ
ルージュの伝言 [Ruuju no Dengon] (Red and Blue)
~To be released at spring~​

IAα Currently, her "Type C" alpha is available for download here.
Demo
Demo -format filter pitched down- (the original was had a high GEN factor)

Tohoku Zunko 東北ずん子 ͼ
a few samples and short demonstrations (not a formal demo song)
~To be released at early 2014~​

Opinions?

WIP: Fixing IA's segment and hopefully will find a good demo suggestion now that it's up for download.

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
Added IA alpha's demos.

BTW, with the alpha's demo voicebank out, someone made a demo using it: [soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/roimata/ia-type-c[/soundcloud]

It's apparently a power-like voicebank (higher but not a shoujo one)

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
oh wow i'm months behind on vocaloid updates, thanks for making this thread.

I didn't even know about Kokone, and hadn't heard any of those demos but some of the MEIKO ones.

So this is a slight discussion thread, yes?

In that case, I'm both pleased and disappointed with these. Kokone has an interesting accent and softness that differentiates her from the loads of other chicks, so I like her. Galaco's new banks are surprisingly very good in my opinion, though that may just be the excellent tuning hah.

Though on bummer notes, Nana lost all her powerful nasalness so I feel it's inferior to her UTAU counterpart even if it's smoother (and this also makes me lose all hope they'll ever do Macne VCVs, boo). Different genres I suppose but there are so many other V3 Japanese females of that voice type (almost all of them) that there are superior choices to Nana without her unique power.

Meiko's Dark had a horrible demo song choice, so she just sounds muffled, and Straight reeeeeally doesn't sound right, and while Power is the closest in my opinion none of her banks are as husky as her original - like her voiceactor was voicing too high and feminine. I liked Meiko because she was a woman dammit. But definetly a fantastic V3 bank, yay for deeper females.

IA…that's a power bank? Or just an update? Because it doesn't feel different enough. And maybe I'm too used to UTAU powerscales (heck, even Miki, Meiko V1, well used Kaito V1, Miku Solid, and Gakupo Power), but I never understood why people said that IA is a powerful bank at all. This bank is closer, but just more solid of a tone rather than powerful.

Zunko doesn't really have enough to judge by. But ugh if she's another half soft voice in that voice type I've lost all hope for Japanese V3 females (Meiko rekindled it for a bit). Her Voiceroid is nice and solid and mildly nasal and smooth, if her voice is like that I give it a thumbs-up.

But yeah, Meiko is incredibly nice even if she doesn't really recapture the powerful husky woman she used to be (way better than Kaito's not-really-him V3 brother), Kokone is interesting, Galaco is way better, but Nana is utter disappoint.

*my opinions*

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
I personally like Meiko's Whisper and Straight voicebanks even if other people say it doesn't sound like her. It's frikin' beautiful. The Dark demo could have been better if it had better tuning and/or mixing. It also goes well with Whisper as seen in this demo.

@shinami IA's "random demo" there had her "Type C" voicebank so there's probably going to have "Type A", "Type B", and possibly "Type D" and so on. It's still in it's alpha stage so 1st Place could modify her voice if feedback was bad.

Speaking of which, I'll have to add that in ^^;

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I really like Whisper, hence why I didn't bring it up. I think Straight is preetty good too, but since the purpose of Straight is to as closely as possible resemble her V1 bank, I think it falls short. But she's still way better than most of the V3s out nowadays. go meiko go

Hmm, hopefully they're actually appends instead of slight tone changes. I'm not the biggest fan of IA, so I probably sound like such a negative nancy with her. ;; (I like her more than Mayu at least. *inches away from her most disliked Vocaloid*)

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
KOKONE IS AWESOME K. I was gonna buy her, but I need to buy a new drawing tablet instead so.

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
Kokone is now released!

WIP: I'm still trying to find a very good cover for IA's Alpha bank.