New VOCALOID: Rana

Xuu

Ask me about Synthesizer V
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Honestly, I just want a demo using her natural voice by now. It's pretty clear that if she's used in the correct range and isn't GEN'd, she's at least a little mature, which makes me like her because mature feminine vocals are yes.

Enriku

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
They should just make voices for the animals if they're just going to end up GEN'in her, that dog is so cute! woof, woof!

I want Prima V3 JPN and ENG... it would be so much more worth buying then this fake-loid

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
They should just make voices for the animals if they're just going to end up GEN'in her, that dog is so cute! woof, woof!

I want Prima V3 JPN and ENG... it would be so much more worth buying then this fake-loid

Rana is in fact a real Vocaloid to be released. If that was not what you meant, please at least express your opinions more politely.

If you want to talk about Vocaloids you want to see updated, please do it here.

Reactions: Xuu

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The demo we(at least I)'ve been waiting for is heeeere!

I don't know how I feel about it yet, but hey, at least it's a more natural voice? :'D

FluoroLime

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Omigosh she sounds like Miku with a hint of Rin *cries*. WHY! WHY CAN'T THEY MAKE THEIR EXISTING VOCALOIDS BETTER INSTEAD OF CLONING THEM! :cry:

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Yes, I like her more natural voice. She still sounds closer to Satou to me and nothing like Miku or Rin except for being a bit on the "Cute" side and it's completely unfair to say every cute Vocaloid sounds like Miku and/or Rin. Not to mention a bit silly...but I digress she still sounds much nicer to me. I prefer her natural voice to the gen'd demo and the high notes of the second one.

My only thing is the clarity of her voice his still meh. Like...I dunno how to describe it...it's just kinda weird.

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Honestly, she sounds NOTHINg like Miku and Rin....

No, it's another voicetype belonging too to the "cutie/moe" departement, but it's not like Miku or Rin... Evetually Miki, and even, Rana isn't as sharp as Miki.... If I'd have to make a comparison, I'd say a mixture of Tone Rion with v-flower, and even, it's not really like this... It's particular

But she does remind me of someone... Anyway, I hope more démos will be released ;w;/ (wodering though how she'd be if used in a disco or gospel song... Iunno why)

WendytheCreeper

(>☉ ͡ヮ☉<)
Defender of Defoko
She actually reminds me more of Aoki rather than Miku or Rin...judging by her demo and optimum range she seems to better handle those low notes than some Vocaloid I've heard. She doesn't seem to be overpowered by the BGM either, though that's in part due to mixing, which is pretty nice!

I wonder just how easily she can be used?

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I still say she reminds me of Satou Sasara.

Although it may have just been Monaca's tuning. orz

Xuu

Supporter
Defender of Defoko

This time we get 3 Demos! Woo!
KASANE used Rana really well in the second one, so it's my favourite, but I like them all this time around! ^^
Although, the first could be shorter...

Reactions: Tema

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Oh my goodness.

That KASANE demo is yes. I really like Full Steam as well.

Actually I like them all.

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Holy snizzap now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!!! Now she's really rubbin off on me haha I'm glad we're getting such better demos now~

Xuu

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Finally, people have figured out how Rana works for her demos.
But, this does make me want her even more QAQ

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Sorry to do comparing, but now that we hear her natural voice in demos she does ring more like Miki than ever before.

The KASANE demo really makes me want someone like Deino or another screamo artist to get her, her low range is very strong. And Trance is one of my favorite music genres so that first demo makes me really happy and it's going on my iPod like now. >_> dat song length hnnng~ more trance/eurobeat/techno plz

I think her voice is good for that style. However she has a very unclear voice that strains hard up high so I don't think she'll be very good for most high pop songs that her design leans towards - Full Steam had her almost sounding pained as she tried to sing high. Then again Full Steam really reminds me of some kinda fail-y unpopular Miku songs from back in 2010, a lot of them actually which I purged from my music library recently as they all sounded the same, so I'm not too fond of it. ;;

Reactions: Tema and Xuu