Nijiura maids as utauloids?

taikina

Momo's Minion
http://www.shii.org/maids/

Memes from japanese imageboards. Comparable to the antropomorphised versions of windows operating systems(xp-tan, me-tan) They seem to be antropomorphised states-of-minds or puns. Their names are puns on their personalities and their personalities most likely stem from their names, "Hidoi" thinks everything is terrible and is terrible at everything, "Nemui" is narcoleptic or something and so on...

Has anyone made/attempted Nijiura maids as utauloids? Results of my search for this turned out to be negative, somewhat to my surprise as these characters fit well into the community-efforted- and internet-DIY-mentality of utau characters. I have not much idea how to make utau voicebanks except that you have to record a lot of clips for it and am just starting to learn to use the program.

I want to make a Yakui voicebank for people like this http://soundcloud.com/yakui-bass-camp :love:
yeah, im also kind subtly of asking some guidance but i'll take that more specifically to the help section. In the meantime, DISCUSS THE POSSIBILITES! I think the world needs this idea realized.

scarfu

Teto's Territory
Well the issue with doing something like this is like... You're taking a character who isn't yours and wasn't made by you and claiming it as your own when you make an UTAU of it? And that's a little immoral... You wouldn't make an UTAU out of any other anime or cartoon character, would you? They don't belong to you, you don't own them, so it just feels a little wrong...

Instead, why don't you try to design your own maid-type character? oxo You can take inspiration from this character that you like, but add your own twists and make your own character from it! That way she'll belong to you solely and there won't be any problems! *X*

taikina

Momo's Minion
Thats a pretty interesting point because:

The thing about them is that they don't really belong to anyone. They just sprang up on an anonymous image board. This fact really blurs the line between "fanart" and "official" art, i've seen countless images of yakui in many places but have never ever seen any form of crediting other than the message board, in which everyone is anonymous.

Of course, i would in no way claim ownership over the voicebank or place any restriction on using it, not that i even could, i would just want to give it to...uh the whole internet i guess? Hell, i wouldn't even care to be credited over creating it just the possibility of someone using it would be nice enough. :uhuhu:

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I agree with Scarfu. Even if they don't belong to one specific artist, the fact that you didn't design them and would be making a voice for them...that makes me uneasy. People can be stupid, and even if you insist it isn't your character, people will still think you made them. And then drama would ensue. And what if people think you can't do amazing enough to measure up to the characters' reputations? It could be a big mess.

Try going with Scarfu's suggestion? Because what you're intending to do could cause lots drama. And I know you just have good intentions, and you thought it was a neat idea (Which it is), but, again, people can be idiots and even people who aren't may baulk at this idea.

LupinAKAFlashTH

DEX's Voice Provider. Woah.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
This would be a good idea if you can receive confirmation that the characters are "Open-Source" characters.

An open-source character is a character that has no copyright claims on it, period.  A good example of an open-source character would Kouya Aotsuki from the Japanese Furry-based BL-Visual Novel, "Morenatsu" (as well as the rest of it's cast).  The game has no plans on being sold, and all characters in the game have been confirmed to be usable for any purpose (that is non-profit)- in fact, it is /encouraged/ to make content with the characters and/or their designs.

Otherwise, you'd require special permission from the original designer to create any derivative content with already existing designs. o3o;

taikina

Momo's Minion
LupinAKAFlashTH link said:
This would be a good idea if you can receive confirmation that the characters are \"Open-Source\" characters.
An open-source character is a character that has no copyright claims on it, period.
shinami link said:
Because what you're intending to do could cause lots drama. And I know you just have good intentions, and you thought it was a neat idea (Which it is), but, again, people can be idiots and even people who aren't may baulk at this idea.
they were created on 2chan, there is no official creator/owner per se really...
haters gonna hate :cynical:

anyway, im still gonna make sure that its ok. so i don't end up doing something stupid. research research....