Nonbinary UTAUloids?

Discussion in 'Characterization' started by sureepi, Jan 21, 2014.

1. sureepi

sureepi Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    We all know Ritsu of course, but has anyone come across any other nonbinary UTAU? Transgender, agender, bigender, genderqueer, genderfluid, etc.~ I haven't seen very many at all!

I'm working on my first voicebank right now and, as someone who identifies as genderqueer, thought it would be fun to make an agender UTAU, but I'd love to see some others outside of the binary!! :love:

3. Tema

Tema Living Katsudon Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Ciel Sekaine.

4. Lorreine Geralde

Lorreine Geralde Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    What about Yami Ryone? :/

5. TheSnowSongstress

TheSnowSongstress Momo's Minion Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Yami's a trap

As for others, Amare Arco (now kiei suikomi) was genderless, unless kirrin changed that, and ruko is a hermaphrodite

6. PuddingPuff

PuddingPuff Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    I think Miko Ooka might be considered bi-gender, since Miko's second form is both referred to as "wolf" and "boy" form, although she's usually viewed as female.

Also, Soune Taya may be considered "male" in Japan, but is widely viewed as being bi-gendered (or hermaphrodite, although those two terms are not synonymous) or even female sometimes in the English-speaking fandom. His gender identity is somewhat a blurred line.

And also, another Ciel, Ciel Shiin is genderqueer masculine. There's also Hanshou Riley who's a transwoman.

@Snow: I think Yami having a desire to be a little girl as stated on the old UTAU wikia is means to have gender dysphoria, although that's a personal headcanon, and of course, not official since EcstacyDarks refers to Yami with male pronouns. (No doubt because of the trap thing.)

Although it's interesting because Yami's considered a trap, but genuine interest in changing genders almost contradicts it and leans towards transgendered or genderqueer. I mean people with transexual headcanons for Ritsu go off of what he wears, rather than factual statements of what he desires.

Canon obviously has cleared up misconceptions by pretty much saying Ritsu's gender is left for interpretation.
    ---

I have plans to release an UTAU who's a transexual male, but it might take a while.

7. tetodash

tetodash Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    what about rouko it think they are 90%male and 10% female

8. PuddingPuff

PuddingPuff Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    Yep, Ruko's intersexed. Although I often see Ruko divided into two seperate people: male and female, probably because of the division of voicebanks.

9. 수연 <Suyeon>

수연 <Suyeon> Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I can't think of any that haven't already been mentioned, but I'm working on a bank that's androgyne (I will hopefully release him and the others I'm working on next month in time for my main utau's anniversary). He'll identify as male, look very pretty - like, easy to confuse as a girl pretty - dress androgynous/metro, and be voiced by a girl (the voicer doesn't have a stereotypical feminine voice - if anything, I have to g-flag him a bit higher). His design will be inspired by real life Korean Pop singer Choi Minki who - even after about 2 years into his debut - is still confused as a female.

[​IMG]

10. dilleniidae

dilleniidae Teto's Territory

Trophy Points
    Sakasamane Diipu is genderfluid.

11. DerpingToaster

DerpingToaster Teto's Territory

Trophy Points
    Well, I made one that is no longer an UTAU OC named Taoreta Hoshi who was both male and female :uhuhu:

12. rebellioustroll

rebellioustroll Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    There are a bunch of Nonbinary UTAU in the Japanese side (Ahh gomen I won't shut up about them) and usually, they have very interesting voice types!

Tsurubami is my friend eruri's UTAU who's considered "non binary" but is "masculine"(?) yeah...
    Ms./Mr. MechaAkira(MechaAkira-san) is a genderfluid UTAU who's voice is very very androgynous....I can't tell if the voicer is male or female haha...the gender of the UTAU is listed as "Whatever you like"
    UA-108:TOYA is another nonbinary UTAU with a fantastic voice (feminine voice + "masculine "appearance)
    Hino is also another genderfluid UTAU with a smooth CV voicebank

Touka Masakuyu is listed as "boyish girl" and i'm not sure of Touka's identity so i'm kinda iffy on him/her.

I really like androgynous/non-binary UTAU voicebanks because of how unique they sound...The fact that you can't tell if it's male or female is very mysterious and interesting!

13. NaughtyPichu

NaughtyPichu Momo's Minion Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I also am interested in these type of characters/voicebanks. One of my utauloids, ƒERRERO, has no gender/sex whatsoever. I usually refer to it as he, but some peeps refer to it as she but it is completely asexual xD It's voice was made with both lolita/shouta aesthetics in mind, and is pretty ambiguous sounding at least in my opinion xD

14. Milk

Milk [insert catchphrase here] Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    My UTAU, Aimi Hakune, is a transgender woman. Other than that, Mattzelo6's UTAU Saki Kurosawa is also transgender.

15. Uchuu

Uchuu CeVIO Enthusiast Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    BAI-f0 is both 100% Male and 100% female, if that counts~

16. Runegod

Runegod Teto's Territory

Trophy Points
    My utau Sumire is genderless, or agender with an androgynous appearance. they haven't been around very long though

17. iNovaa

iNovaa Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    I don't know if you can consider her/him/they nonbinary, but I have left my Proton's gender up to anybody's interpretation. I use female pronouns (easier to type lmao) but if you want to see her as male do so, if you want to see her as trigender do so, any gender is alright.

18. mattzelo6

mattzelo6 Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    It doesn't say this in his files, but my other UTAU, Elis. He doesn't really go by any labels but he likes to be referred to as "he" or "they" and likes to dress in both men and womens clothes.

19. heta-tan

heta-tan Genderless Goon Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Prism's (My UTAU) gender is considered up to the user (personally I see them as being genderfluid)

20. MillyAqualine

MillyAqualine Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Well, lately Ankoku Kenmotsu received a male VB and is 90% female and 10% male after having been female in her debuts (ifI'm not wrong)

21. ArrowKishi

ArrowKishi Teto's Territory

Trophy Points
    That's interesting.
    Well, one of my UTAU is a sort of agender spirit who can take the form of a man or a woman