Norwegian reclist

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
[!UPPDATE!]
The reclist for Norwegian is finished. It has less than 550 recording samples. It contains both the japanese brigde method of cvvc for smooth consonant transition and ending consonant for a natural stop. Its supposed to be recorded with a 7 mora bgm for oremo. It focuses on Bokmål, however it should work for Nynorsk aswell.

I was going to record the list, however due to the fact I moved, I can not record it as of yet.

So, instead I will be open for people who wants to record and test it. I'm a tad picky about most things so I need a sample that has been run through utau, just so I know your microphone isn't filled with noise that makes the consonats and vovels hard to hear. And those that want to record need to know norwegian.

Those that get to test it can't release their bank untill I release the list. Allthough I say its done, there might be missing samples I dont know of or unessesary ones, wich is why testing is nessesary.
Testers wil get help through skype if they're having issues understanding the list and help text.

If you plan to make a recording list for any other simmular laguages, feel free to use this list once it's upp for download.
I will post further if there are any news to give, or questions to answer.:smile:

[EDIT 08.11.2015]
I managed recently to record it, therefore I'm no longer looking for people to record. The reason why is because I rather oto the one bank myself, and I dont feel like making a tutorial/teach on how its done.
It will take a while for me to finish a full demo, since I will be otoing mostly in my freetime when I'm not working on schoolwork or writing. I will however try my best and have it finished before or at december 12th 2016. The reason for that being the due date, is because I'm working on making the bank sound as good as I can make it, and hopefully release it at it's anniversary. (I have never done anything for her anniversary, so it a way for me to not feel bad and stop feeling like the worst UTAU parent :bigtears:)

[EDIT 12.12.2016]
There have been alot of changes but its finished. you can download it here link.:love:

Last edited:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Actually, Ghosty is still doing some UTAU and such. They're in NoxLimit?

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
:sing:UPPDATE:sing:

The list is really close to finish. I ran into some issues with the first list, such as consonant clusters being swallowed no matter how they were otoed, aswell as missing sounds, and issues of how to sepparate the sound names. But despite theese issues I managed to make a tiny demo of how the first list sounds.

I can turn the old list into a compadable "lite" list if someone wants that, it just needs a few fixes here and there.
:wink:

Anyway here are the changes I made to the newest list:

- Added missing vovles, making a total of 16 vovels instead of 9.
- Added missing consonants, such as the rt sound in "parti".
- Wrote the list in a slightly modified x-sampa.
- Added some VCV strings to handle the consonant cluster issue.
- Added single VC recordings.
- Wrote a little guide for pronouciation based on norwegian words.
- Added some sounds for trøndersk dialect in the extra.

All theres left is to add some clusters of the thick L and skj/sj sounds.
The VCV is written in a 7 mora, and the CVVC is in 5 mora. the amount of recordings to cover one consonant in CVVC is 4 strings, while VCV is a wopping 45 strings.
Otoing a bank might take a while:annoyed:

GothAmaterasu

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Oh my, this will be interesting! owo I'm actually working on a Icelandic reclist currently, so this is an inspiration. xD

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
This project of mine is on a hold untill my new laptop is fixed. I've sendt it in for repeairs a couple of times now, and during that time I've written several different ways to record and oto on an old one. Due to the laptop being sendt back and forth I haven't had the time to test theese methods (the old one can't even render a ust let alone record a bank).
Hopefully I will be able to finish recording before school starts.

Once I've settled with wich method will benefit both the recorder and the user of the bank, I will consider the idea of making a oto base if deemed nessesary or wanted.
I will work out some stuff for the lite list while I wait for the repairs.
Have a nice summer and get some tan!:wink:
unless you have sun allergy...

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Woop, the list is done, And my lappy is as good as new (took all summer for the repair guys to figure out the issue, only to give me a new one :V)
Edited the first post for more info on the list~
Looking for testers!

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Uppdated with new info.
No longer looking for recorders.
Due date added.