ONGAKU and SHOMEI

オスカー

Teto's Territory
Soooo.... I'm not entirely sure where to post this, but we'll see what happens I guess.

I've been developing 8 UTAUloids (on my own) at a snail's pace since 2012 (it's a really long story, literally and figuratively). I've been working on my first two voicebanks, ONGAKU and SHOMEI, really hard this year so that they could finally be released, and then have the others follow suit.

ovsutau_forum_ad.png

ONGAKU and SHOMEI are UTAUloid twin siblings, and both have CV Japanese voicebanks (ONGAKU has lots of extra sounds for Engrish and expanded Japanese). They are not out yet, but I have beta versions of their voicebanks available for download.

I need people to test them out, tell me what should be fixed/edited, and also people to create demo songs for them to promote them and the other OVSUTAUloids. I have 3DFantasy (creator of Amane Cha-Cha) on board for beta testing and demo making, but I need more help if we are to get these released before summer.

If you are at all interested in helping out, you can email me at: ovsutau@gmail.com. You can help by draw fan art for them, beta test them and make demo songs with them, and just spreading the word and telling others about them.

I thank you all for reading this, and I hope to hear from some of you soon to help me with my project!

Also, visit our website for more on OVSUTAU: http://ovsutau.webs.com/ (the demos on the site are a bit outdated, they've improved since then)

Oda Hikaru

Teto's Territory
For some reason I couldn't access the website. It was loading eternally. Well... From what I can see right here iin your post, this blond headed designed is quite cute. I like it. ^^

オスカー

Teto's Territory
That's weird, it works for me.. But I'm glad you like her! We have her debut video here:

And ONGAKU's design is finished and will be shown off with his debut video. If you'd like to test either of them out, email me at the address in the first post! We also have Kowareta and others working on beta testing and demos, along with 3DFantasy.
[DOUBLEPOST=1432421924][/DOUBLEPOST]Is there any particular reason I can't edit the first post??

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The website loaded for me as well...it took a wee bit(blames my internet) but it works.

At any rate...I hate to be that person but the overall designs as far as I can tell are very Crypton-loid ish in that it clearly takes inspiration from Miku and the Kagamine's but not in a good way ;; Even...is it ONGAKU's sillouette that's in blue on the website? Their pose heavily resembles Kagamine Len's. It doesn't help that they're twins either. And this is not a good idea because the UTAU and VOCALOID community as a whole don't look very fondly upon UTAU or Vocaloids even that seem to take heavily from Crypton's designs. It's just seen as being very uncreative and overall I don't think your UTAU will stand out well design-wise.

Voice-wise I do like what I hear so far, though. The tone is nice. And the overall concept you're shooting for is good. Just the designs look like they come from UTAUs early days where something like that would fly...not so much now a days ;;

オスカー

Teto's Territory
The website loaded for me as well...it took a wee bit(blames my internet) but it works.

At any rate...I hate to be that person but the overall designs as far as I can tell are very Crypton-loid ish in that it clearly takes inspiration from Miku and the Kagamine's but not in a good way ;; Even...is it ONGAKU's sillouette that's in blue on the website? Their pose heavily resembles Kagamine Len's. It doesn't help that they're twins either. And this is not a good idea because the UTAU and VOCALOID community as a whole don't look very fondly upon UTAU or Vocaloids even that seem to take heavily from Crypton's designs. It's just seen as being very uncreative and overall I don't think your UTAU will stand out well design-wise.

Voice-wise I do like what I hear so far, though. The tone is nice. And the overall concept you're shooting for is good. Just the designs look like they come from more than one UTAU early days where something like that would fly...not so much now a days ;;

Thank you for your feedback!

I have also posted this on the VOCALOIDOtaku Forums, and the two who have commented have said the same thing about the designs. I fully understand that doing KEI/Crypton styled artwork/design is very cliché and may not be as eyecatching as an original design and an original style. I completely get that. But this is how I wanted to do it, and I feel that it can make things feel more professional, so I'm happy with it.

And thank you for the compliments on the voice!

The website should load just fine, I recommend using a computer instead of a smart device because then you get the full experience.

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
It's no problem. And they're your UTAU.

Just, before I leave you to it, I want you to know that you can have a professional feeling design without doing Crypton's thing. Lots of UTAU accomplish this on a regular basis. And honestly by copying Crypton you come off as...well...very unprofessional. So, you may end up basically achieving the opposite of what you want and think you have by not coming up with your own design ideas. And I just want to make sure you understand that risk.

But if you get that, which you seem to do, I'll let you go on about your UTAU days~ I wish you good luck with everything~

Reactions: S a l t

オスカー

Teto's Territory
I completely understand what you are saying. And some people may find the Crypton style artwork and design philosophy to be something that loooks professional, and some may see it as not so professional. Especially in the UTAU community, KEI styled artwork usually leads to poor voicebanks, but I think that usually happens with bad KEI artwork (ie copying Miku's design completely or tracing her lineart). And I don't mean to say that my artwork is gorgeous and amazing or anything, but I think it is better than some of the KEI designs or just general artworks for UTAUloids on DeviantART.
Thank you for the wish of luck! Someone did some fanart of SHOMEI:
ovs__shomei_by_revolpe-d8ui44r.png

オスカー

Teto's Territory
More fanart was created by ReVolpe, FicLoverSmiles, and YukariYakumo on DeviantART.

And new special demos are on the way, along with a new person, Chiigu, joining the beta testing/demo making team.

rdm_utau___ongaku_by_yukariyakumo-d8utuyz.png

shomei_fanart_by_ficloversmiles-d8umjj6.png

ovs__ongaku_by_revolpe-d8umgj8.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Oda Hikaru