Original song - KONY 2012

Astral-Arts

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc

Many of you might have seen this video already, I hope those who haven't will take the time to at least watch some of it.

This video has really stuck a chord with me, I can't believe someone would be willing to do this to innocent children. People younger than you and me. Here is what I'm proposing:

I want to compose an original song to raise awareness about Kony, and to help make him 'famous' and spread the word, so one day we can finnally see him arrested. I am thinking of writing a song, and making it into one big collaborative project if anyone is interested.

I have vocaloid GUMI and many UTAU voicebanks at my disposal, so I want to make this song a big chorus, I'll include many UTAU, and if someone has more vocaloids than me and would like to use a vsq when the BGM is finished, I'll give you the vsq, and you can use it to make vocals with another vocaloid, send it to me, and I'll try to work it into the song.

If you would like to volunteer an UTAU or Vocaloid for suggestion, I may (or may not, depending on oto quality and if I have a lot of people already) add yours in.

I would love it if someone would volunteer to make art for this. I'm not asking you to draw everyone in the chorus, but possibly note me on dA (my name is Ataela) and I can discouss with you what my ideas are for the cover art. I would really appreciate that.

Here are the lyrics I wrote for the song, if you have any suggestions please let me know:
Dragged away in the night, I searched for you.
Darkness fallen, how could it be true?
No angels to come and save us here.
There is no end to this night of fear.

How could there be no guiding light to lead us home?
How could you shed the blood of innocence?

Living in fear of the darkness
What should I do?

Hold out your hand, and we'll pull you through.

There is no need to fear, for we'll raise our voices high up,
and the ones who were unseen, will outstand and outlast.
For the ones who go unnoticed, we speak for you.
For the ones we called...Invisible.
----

I do need a second verse right now, that follows the same melody of the first part, which I have a (badly sung) sample of me singing here:

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/ama-llama/badly-sung-verse[/soundcloud]

Feel free to send me ideas for lyrics for the 2nd verse. I am keeping this song in english, so you dont have to worry about translating. If you want to give my lyric ideas, please try to make them match the tune. 0w0

I can't finish this without your help. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

CatastrophicMelons

Momo's Minion
The lyrics are awesome, but I've heard somewhere that Kony is dead and the creator is arrested. Is it true? D:
However though, the LRA is still running around doing crimes, I think, so that isn't a good thing.

Astral-Arts

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
0w0 Really? i haven't heard anything of that.

Although some people in my school 'vandalized' one of the bathrooms by writing Anti-KONY stuff all over the walls in sharpie haha

ScandinavianSweetie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I think he's still alive.... but I'm not too sure.
But if you want, you can use my UTAU, Utsubyo Bairetto.
She has a soft voice, but can really do any genre.
Her voice can be downloaded from her Wiki, which is in my signature thingy. :smile:

Myon

Momo's Minion
I'm really happy. But I have some input on the Kony situation. Idk how you'll react, but I feel that I should get this out there some way.

Kony has been missing in the bush for 6+ years now, I'm guessing.
He has fled Uganda and some people say his resistance has reached even the Congo.
But, it's kind of apparent that he isn't exactly a 'threat', perse.

During my early highschool years I was really keen/still very keen on the Ugandan conflict, as a member of Africa Aware club.

But concerning the the Resistance group problem, a lot of the issues have died down quite a few years ago. And a lot of the info the Invisible Children campaign used was skewed and inaccurate info, as a lot of the civil war conflict was from quite a few years back. Abductions and the like do occur, but it isn't as catastrophic as it was a decade ago. Within the last six years, a lot of refugees who had fled to Sudan have started to move back and resuming more 'normal' lives.

I'm really happy that people are taking in active interest in the world around them. But I feel bad that the video failed to inform the audience of the current situation in Uganda, and how we could assist them.

My response to KONY2012.
^ This blogger kind of brings light on it. Idk, she's more well spoken than I ever could be.

Miramiee

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Err...I kinda agree with myon...

My teacher actually knows what life in Africa is like seeing as he was raised there. He was really pissed off at this video because the information was really screwed with and,well, he didn't really buy it. Only 1/3 of the money actually goes to Africa and when it reaches Africa, "they'd need to pay the soldiers working there," as he said so that cuts more off of what they are giving.

Well, the lyrics are nice...but i don't think Kony is really that out there anymore. It's been 6+ years. We should stop him still, yes, but really, the situations kinda simmering down, as my teacher had said. This is all on his words so i have no right to say anything...