OTO.INI HEEELLLPPP!!!!!

Soooooo....

I'm doing a second attempt at an Utau and I have developed more knowledge then from the first one I did (*cringe*)
But anyways... After all the oto tutorials I've seen, I STILL SUCK AT OTO'ING!!!

I know otoing is really boring and annoying... But could someone maybe fix mine up a bit? I'll give you credit on the voicebank and everything!

bearhack

Disciple of Aoede
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Configuring your oto.ini file isn't really that hard, it's just time consuming:

Left Blank: Goes at the beginning of the phoneme recording. For a beginning phoneme, you want to put this a little way before the sound to pick up silence at the beginning. For blending and ending phonemes, you want to put this at the most stable part of vowel you're blending to start with so the crossfade will sound natural.
Overlay: From the left-blank to overlay is the portion of the phoneme that is going to be crossfaded, the overlay is *always* 1/2 of your preutterance
Preutterance: This is where the phoneme actually starts, and lies *right* on the beginning of your note. Usually this is just after the consonant but right at the beginning of the vowel. A good practice is to really inspect the spectrograph of your phonemes to pick out the formant signatures of your consonants and vowels so you can tell the difference.
Consonant: From the left-blank to the consonant is the portion of the phoneme that the resampler will play exactly, modified in speed by consonant velocity. Usually, this region represents the attack/decay of the phoneme, the part that does not include the sustain. A good practice is to put this at the most stable part of your vowel the will be blended in to the next blending phoneme, or right at the end of the phoneme if its an ending phoneme.
Right Blank: From the consonant to the right-blank is the part of the phoneme that the resampler will "stretch" or "loop" to synthesize a sustain. You want the sound in this region to be as stable as possible or the result is going to really muddy modulation. A good trick if you want to play your phoneme "as-is" is to put the consonant right at the end of the phoneme and the right blank a little farther with the region looping silence.

I'm not sure if this helps, but I hope maybe you can use these simplified guidelines to see where you're making mistakes.

Disambiguation: the consonant of the phoneme and the Consonant region are two different concepts, please don't confuse the two