Pointers on endbreaths

Chuo

Momo's Minion
End breaths can really make a song or voicebank sound really good, so I was wondering if anyone had any pointers or things they found out about them since I have trouble using them

I didn't really know where to put this thread so I put it here ´•௰•`

Reactions: swiss cake

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I personally OTO them the same way I oto a VC sample. I make sure to include the entire breath within the pink area, and some silence for the white area.

When using in a UST, I make sure that the note is long enough that the entire breath can be heard. Shorter notes will have the breaths squished, which doesn't sound particularly pleasant. Try not to record them too long to accommodate for this, although different length breaths can have different effect. Then, lower the volume of the note until it sounds reasonable.

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
If you do end up having squished endbreaths, try editing its envelope to fade out quickly, too.

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
you want to have the overlap to be on the beginning of the initial fade out of the vowel. And the preutterence to be right before the end of the vowel....or right before the breath if present in the recording.

You should use a larger overlap...around 80. This will give UTAU enough space/room to smoothly blend in the end breath.

Feel free to play around, find what sounds best.

Reactions: swiss cake