Polling interest for an idea of mine

Would anybody be interested in a cyoa style fic thingy?

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
OK you gotta know that I'm on my phone, not wearing my glasses.

Anyway since I'm dabbling on an idea for a while now I decided to throw it on here to see what you guys and gals and non-binaries would like.

I love cyoa. It's my second love. Or maybe third. Anyway last two tries went Not So Well. So I worked on my concept and my finished product (for now) is this:

Everything about the fic will be decided by the readers. First we decide on a setting. I take that setting (which can be as vague or detailed as you want) and turn it into a proper plot line. You readers decide if the plot line is cool or not and we go on till we got something. After this, I will post a summary of setting and plot and you will be able to pitch your characters. The whole idea is that you write how your character would live and act in the setting and plot that's already been decided. The most creative pitch will become the main character. I'll eventually close chara pitches when I think the cast is large enough, and I write chapter one. After that, you can all reply with what should happen. However, not every reply would be used. As example.

We have a modern setting and Teto is our main character. She just got home really mad at her best friend (let's say Ritsu) and makes some coffee to calm down. However she throws the coffee all over her laptop and she gets even angrier and kicks a wall before huddling up on the couch and starting to sob.

What you should do is give commands. But only to the character (or characters) and environment described in the bit on story. You cannot suddenly let Ruth bust through the door, carrying Teto out bridal style and marrying her on the spot. You can make Ritsu ring the doorbell in order to make up.

We go on like this till we reached the goal we established in the plot. After that, I'll post the entirety of the story on Utafic and AO3.

That's basically it. There's more details we could talk about but right now I wanna hear your opinions and ideas.

Oh one more thing. We can totally do AUs. Just saying.

oteto

Tetoholic
Defender of Defoko
This sounds awesome!
2a6td9d.gif

Reactions: FluoroLime

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Awesome! I'm happy I got at least one reply, so thank you!

I'm now going to promote this thread on Tumblr... Feel free to promote it too if you want to. Or something.

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Alternate Universes. I know this isn't really a thing for UTAU since there's no canon universe where they all live, but you gotta change things if a cybernetic character suddenly needs to be written in a medieval universe, for example.

songzombie

Momo's Minion
I think this sort of format is typically called a 'quest' (like TetoQuest), though you don't have to call it that (and I voted yes!)

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
A quest, that's right! I totally lost the word...

Anyway thank you both. Due to college this quest, if people like the idea enough, cannot start properly until Friday so feel free to leave feedback or ideas in the meantime. Or questions of course.

Reactions: oteto

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I'm still here don't worry! I totally got the coughing and it's driving me mad tho. Anyway, I'll start working on the first try out of this tonight, if any of you already has ideas about setting or plot lemme hear it!

Reactions: oteto