Problem with importing voicebanks into Utau (Fixed)

Crystalline

Teto's Territory
Ever since I got a new laptop, I had Utau on it.

My old laptop had Windows 8 and Utau worked fine.

My new laptop has Windows 10.
But the voicebanks were just... Gone.

When I first opened up Utau and went to the voicebank settings to play around with Teto Kasane's or Momo Momone's voice, they were not there.

My other laptop with the Utau program had Teto and Momo already installed in it.
(I didn't download them when I first downloaded Utau. They were just there.)

So I thought "no biggie, I can download another voicebank."

I've tried two other Utauloids.
Tried importing a couple of their appends.
Tried uploading them into the program.
Tried drag-and-dropping into the program.
Looked at tutorials on how to import voicebanks.

NOTHING WORKED!

Is this a problem with the Utau program?
Is it not compatible with Windows 10 now?
Or is there an update I wasn't aware of?

I'm SURE I used the same Utau version like from my old laptop.

Can someone tell me what am I doing wrong?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
By default, UTAU looks for voicebanks in the "voice" folder, which is the same folder where the utau.exe is. Also by default, this is installed to program files, so you may have trouble with permissions.

One solution is to move the entire UTAU folder to somewhere else, like your desktop or documents.
Another solution is to open UTAU, and go to Tools > Options > Path and check "Change voice root directory". Click on the button to the right of the text box to select a different default voicebank folder. The folder you select should be the folder where you put voicebanks from now on.

Crystalline

Teto's Territory
By default, UTAU looks for voicebanks in the "voice" folder, which is the same folder where the utau.exe is. Also by default, this is installed to program files, so you may have trouble with permissions.

One solution is to move the entire UTAU folder to somewhere else, like your desktop or documents.
Another solution is to open UTAU, and go to Tools > Options > Path and check "Change voice root directory". Click on the button to the right of the text box to select a different default voicebank folder. The folder you select should be the folder where you put voicebanks from now on.
Hmm.
I'll try that first solution you told me since I already done the second solution before with no results.

Usually I had no trouble with importing voicebanks until now...

I'll let you know if I got good results.
Thanks!

Crystalline

Teto's Territory

Okay I actually did both of the solutions you gave me, and it worked.

Thanks so much! :smile:

Reactions: Kiyoteru