Problems converting UTAU Synth UTAU to windows..?

whu

Momo's Minion
ok.. this is my first time posting on the forum so sorry if im in the wrong place or anything.

i made my utau in november on a mac. havent really done anything with him yet! but..hopefully soon?!?!?!

but well, i got a new, WINDOWS computer in december and just got utau & oremo working here. not sure what ill do with my mic situation .. but that is irrelevant i guess......... MOVING ON TO THE ACTUAL PROBLEM:

i just downloaded my utau from an email to myself, opened him & loaded him as a VB without any problems in utau. however, putting a note in ive realized that he is no longer oto'd!!! and, examining the voice configuration window, all my oto ini settings are blank and about half of the files are question marks, like this:

fhgf.png

i've only seen one other post from somebody with this problem, and there was an explanation, but i didn't quite understand it. i didn't understand it at all actually.

so, my question is, what should i do.. ?! if anybody could explain why this happened to me and how i could fix it in a simple way i would be so grateful..

and in addition, my original plan for making/editing my utau was to record wav files using my mac, then send them to windows and oto them there .. is this something that i cannot do anymore?? thank you u__u

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
UTAU-Synth saves OTO files as oto_ini.txt rather than oto.ini
You can convert them easily by removing the first line, then saving with the filename "oto.ini"

As for the question marks, what were the original filenames? This seems to be an encoding problem. You might want to try compressing the voicebank differently on your Mac before transferring it, such as using 7z instead of zip.

You can still OTO normally on Windows. The file it produces will be compatible with both PC UTAU and UTAU-Synth.