Project_Beta: A multi-expression commercial voice for UTAU

Which bank would you like to make into the final? (green expression)

• Growl

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Shout

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whisper

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Fry (experimental)

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Original post updated, contact email is now available.

Website underconstruction, development blog and character twitter will be available shortly.

Zoku

making doper vocaloid music than the rest
Defender of Defoko
I hope you mean a twitter simply under Beta's name. I thought there wasn't any specific 'character' attached to Beta?

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I hope you mean a twitter simply under Beta's name. I thought there wasn't any specific 'character' attached to Beta?
Beta has a "character" but his design is still a work in progress.
Remember, any characterization and design for Beta are optional and you are free to not use it if you so choose.
This is partially to give the product a "face". It's hard to sell a product without a design and Beta has had one in the works for a while (low priority behind the voice of course.)

You can get hints about Beta and his design through his twitter, or just be goofy.
Whichever you like.

Sorry if that's disappointing to some of you.

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Updates have been made to the previous test.

The final list is being worked on and finalized prior to starting development of the final product.
Separate voicebanks for different languages are being considered at this time. This will allow usage of Beta in other languages without having to rely on the extra sounds in his main bank.
These will be included with his main bank.

Final character designs are finally being looked at and we hope to have something to show soon enough!

Beta will now be bundled with an updater to allow users to get the latast fixes to his voicebank prior to release.

Reactions: Zoku

Zoku

making doper vocaloid music than the rest
Defender of Defoko
Would the 'updater' by in the form of a .dll voicebank?

I look forward to seeing the final design.

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Would the 'updater' by in the form of a .dll voicebank?

I look forward to seeing the final design.
The updater would be part of the installer used for the voicebank.
A dll will most likely not be used so that the bank isn't restricted to windows Utau after install.

Last edited:

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm glad to announce that production of Beta's Festival voice has begun.
Festival allows Beta to speak clearly in the English language.
His Festival voice will be made available for free before his Utau voice.

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
New equipment testing is completed. Beta's Utau voice is nearly ready for final production!

DynamiVox will be looking for people to hire to work on various aspect of this project so be sure to share this!

Each of Beta's voices will be 6 pitch English. 15 voices will be made available allowing Beta to be able to sing in different tones.

Last edited:

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
What do you mean by 'various aspects'?
Many things, some small, some large.
One of the biggest work loads will be finding people who can help configure parts of his voice.
Due to the size of his voice more than just a handful of individuals will be required if we intend to make any headway.
Also possibly a coder willing to made a dll for his voicebanks may be required. It all depends on how development goes and the size of his voice.

Last edited:

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Keep forgetting little things.

Beta will be released once his version reaches 1.0.0. Any versions below this essentially mean anything pre-release/still in development. Updates to his bank will be delivered over the internet and will require a network connection and for his voice to be installed and licensed.

Beta will now feature a series of non-native Japanese banks recorded in a new list called "Roulette". The Roulette list will be released publicly once it's testing is complete. These Japanese banks will be included with his English banks in all the same expressions.

Beta will also offer instructions on importing him into vConnect-STAND (rather than including that separately as a cost saving measure.) Unfortunately only his Japanese voice will be supported.

A package including various phrases will also be included with his voice to ise in conjunction with his Festival speech voice and Utau singing voice.

Also his Festival speech voice can be made to sing using Utau as the editor. Though note that this isn't it's intended use.

Reactions: Kippeh and Zoku

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko

Did a short cover of Adys' Unemotive Entitty using the new version of the list.
I will take this cover down at their request.

I changed a few things in the list and added more combinations that make it easier to use.
The resampler used here was bkh_01 with high "b" and low "V" values.

Last edited:

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Terindie is no longer a member of Dynamivox, please do not contact them regarding any aspects of it.

I am in the process of removing them from all records.

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
Hey, everyone, quick note that this was not a decision of mine. I've been removed from this project with no prior warning nor discussion.

bio

VocalSynth Enthusiast
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
just a question, I don't wanna see like a butt by asking this but,
why was Terindie removed from the project with out her knowing?

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hey, everyone, quick note that this was not a decision of mine. I've been removed from this project with no prior warning nor discussion.
It should be quite obvious why you have been removed, you should know very well.
just a question, I don't wanna see like a butt by asking this but,
why was Terindie removed from the project with out her knowing?
That will not be discussed here.

Please refrain from asking any more questions regarding this.

Last edited:

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The original thread post and second posts have been updated with new information.
(something that has been put off for a little while.)

Beta will now officially feature a Japanese series of banks that are otherwise going to be a mirror copy of his english series. A new reclist called "roulette" has been devised for his bank and is designed to influence natural recording.
Beta will now feature 7 pitches to accurately record his full range based on tone changes. His Japanese series will feature an 8th pitch for extended low range down to C2.

We are still looking for additional individuals to join the team! We are mainly interested in people to help configure his voice. You can check the main thread for additional information on availability.
Contact me via PM here, the tumblr blog, or via email if you are interested and you'll be written down for future contact.

rainbowpawa

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hi! Really interested with the upcoming "roullete" list :smile:

Just wondering, what kind of list is it? (CV, VCV,CVVC, VCCV, or mixed?)

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hi! Really interested with the upcoming "roullete" list :smile:

Just wondering, what kind of list is it? (CV, VCV,CVVC, VCCV, or mixed?)
The roulette list is a VCV based list but because it's VCV it fully supports CVVC as well as having all the required combinations for doing so.
VCCV is a closed method and not available publicly for creating lists (at least the name "VCCV" isn't) but regardless it would of been inefficient for a Japanese list.

An English Roulette list will be made from Beta's normal list soon as well.

rainbowpawa

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
The roulette list is a VCV based list but because it's VCV it fully supports CVVC as well as having all the required combinations for doing so.
VCCV is a closed method and not available publicly for creating lists (at least the name "VCCV" isn't) but regardless it would of been inefficient for a Japanese list.

An English Roulette list will be made from Beta's normal list soon as well.
OOO~ I'm really looking forward for the English Roulette list :D