Recording Editing Help

Kale

Leaf god
Defender of Defoko
I don't know where to put this .-.
But, how can I remove some or most background noise from recordings without destroying the quality?
I have Audacity and FL Studio 12 (Full Ver.) to edit with.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The easiest way to get quality sound without having to spend the effort on editing is to use a better microphone and better recording environment, but that's not the cheapest thing to do.

In Audacity, there is an effect called Noise Reduction Select an area of silence/background noise and run the effect to click "Get Noise Profile". Then select the entire recording, run the effect again, and select OK.

I dunno what else you could do other than apply a high-pass filter to remove muddy sounds below 100 hz

Kale

Leaf god
Defender of Defoko
The easiest way to get quality sound without having to spend the effort on editing is to use a better microphone and better recording environment, but that's not the cheapest thing to do.

In Audacity, there is an effect called Noise Reduction Select an area of silence/background noise and run the effect to click "Get Noise Profile". Then select the entire recording, run the effect again, and select OK.

I dunno what else you could do other than apply a high-pass filter to remove muddy sounds below 100 hz
Yeah. I do have a high(er) quality microphone. I guess I'll just mess around with settings until I get what I like ^-^ Thanks for the help!