Recording Tips For Raspy voices?

HoneyPai

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
I only got one feedback on Nitton's Critique thread so I'm just gonna straight out ask xD
I have a naturally raspy voice, for me it does not matter if I use head voice or chest voice, my singing voice is almost always raspy, not only that but I don't live alone and right when someone gets home, my voice gets lower. how can I sound more confident for future banks without constantly making a power bank in different pitches? Also, how can I prevent my voice from becoming more raspy as I get further into the bank? I drink water and take breaks but after the break, my voice tends to be more raspy it seems.

Main question really, how can I sound confident with a naturally raspy singing voice?

adriann

Ye Olde Fart
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You can totally sound confident with a natural raspy voice! Listen to jazz music with alto vocalists :'D
Nitton sounds pretty good, I agree with Alice's feedback. I think the voice is pretty solid even if the base pitches/ your comfort zone is a raspy type of voice. That's just me, though. :smile: -pat-

Reactions: HoneyPai

HoneyPai

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
You can totally sound confident with a natural raspy voice! Listen to jazz music with alto vocalists :'D
Nitton sounds pretty good, I agree with Alice's feedback. I think the voice is pretty solid even if the base pitches/ your comfort zone is a raspy type of voice. That's just me, though. :smile: -pat-

Thank you for the advice! It's just that I feel like the rasp gets in the way of some things, I just got to keep trying, though I know the rasp won't completely disappear, but lessening it is better than nothing ^^

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
A raspy tone is fine, if you want to sound confident then you will want to use your stomach/diaphragm to add some strength to your voice and try not to hold back.
You voice getting lower when people come home is an issue with confidence/embarrassment that you will need to deal with yourself, if that's an issue then you should try recording when no one is around.

By "add strength" I don't mean yelling. I mean so you can project loudly without yelling from your throat.

Reactions: HoneyPai

HoneyPai

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
A raspy tone is fine, if you want to sound confident then you will want to use your stomach/diaphragm to add some strength to your voice and try not to hold back.
You voice getting lower when people come home is an issue with confidence/embarrassment that you will need to deal with yourself, if that's an issue then you should try recording when no one is around.

By "add strength" I don't mean yelling. I mean so you can project loudly without yelling from your throat.

Thank you for the input!