Recordings sound fine but glitch out of this universe when in UTAU (please help me :"D)

Izua

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
OKAY LIKE i recorded a bank today and everything sounds a-ok bUT THEN SOME OF THE G4 NOTES ARE GOING INSANE AND I'M NOT SURE WHY
The recordings themselves sound nearly perfect, but on some notes on a UST it legit sounds like my UTAU is being thrown into a meat grinder. I asked around and I hear this isn't an uncommon problem, but my friends don't know how to fix it. I know I can always re-record but I'd rather use that as a last resort. Does anyone know what's going on?
(In case anyone is wondering, the resampler I'm using is Moresampler, which has never caused me this problem before. It also doesn't seem to be an issue with the flags, as I've removed them and the problem remains the same.)
I would greatly appreciate any response I get!

Reactions: HIRATELIER
P

partial

Is this only an issue with moresampler? Because I can't play anything without getting glitched recordings here and there, either. But it is only a moresampler problem, for me.

Izua

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Is this only an issue with moresampler? Because I can't play anything without getting glitched recordings here and there, either. But it is only a moresampler problem, for me.
I can't tell if its a Moresampler problem or not. I switched version and still have the problem. I'm so confused uuuu ;;;3;;;

Izua

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Have you tried a different resampler?
Yes but my multipitches wont generally function with anything other than moresampler so naturally the others won't work heeeh *shot*

P

partial

Yes but my multipitches wont generally function with anything other than moresampler so naturally the others won't work heeeh *shot*
that's.......super, super weird.

Izua

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
that's.......super, super weird.
hnnng yeah ;;;3;;
i guess the problem can be fixed by rerecording the faulty notes so since id much rather rerecord a few notes rather than the whole pitch, i'm going to run a whole bunch of tests to flush out all the bad notes for rerecording and hope for the best hnnng
Thank you so much for replying i swear *BOWS* QvQ

P

partial

hnnng yeah ;;;3;;
i guess the problem can be fixed by rerecording the faulty notes so since id much rather rerecord a few notes rather than the whole pitch, i'm going to run a whole bunch of tests to flush out all the bad notes for rerecording and hope for the best hnnng
Thank you so much for replying i swear *BOWS* QvQ
hopefully rerecording some stuff helps, but if it's a bunch of recordings with problems.......it may be the programs themselves that are messing up. i hope rerecording isn't too strenuous on you.

Zoku

making doper vocaloid music than the rest
Defender of Defoko
It's not a resampler problem! It's likely a freq file issue. Moresampler is very reflective of the editing of samples, as well as the genral quality, so sometimes it's mrq files (which stores pitch information) are created weirdly. Consider editing the mrq/llsm files to fix the problem!

P

partial

It's not a resampler problem! It's likely a freq file issue. Moresampler is very reflective of the editing of samples, as well as the genral quality, so sometimes it's mrq files (which stores pitch information) are created weirdly. Consider editing the mrq/llsm files to fix the problem!
I read the trouble shooting guide, which talked about editing those files, but.....it made no sense to me. ;v;

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The download for frq editor is here, which you can open as a plugin in UTAU.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/rra0zg66lb419/frqeditor

I've made a video for the rest.

Because no notes are selected, I have to first load up the whole voicebank. By default, it will show the presence of FRQs
So, in order to edit the MRQ, I go to options and change the resampler to Moresampler. I also check the box to automatically delete LLSM files, so that it will generate a new one based on the edited MRQ.

I select the sample I want to work on and make sure that the spectrum view is turned on. The line you draw should follow the shape of the lowest white line in the spectrum view. Then I save and close the plugin.