Recruiting members for the Fluid Dev Team!

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
For the uninitiated, see here: http://utaforum.net/threads/fluid-vocal-synthesis-system-utau-net-front-end.9873/

I am looking for people who want to aid in the development of the Fluid Vocal Synthesis System. I'm looking for all kinds of volunteer help, whether or not you can program (although someone who knows a little c# would be nice). Please not that I am NOT looking for voice banks at the moment. Here are a few of the things I need help on:
  • Source code: Fluid is a large project, and as such there is a ton to work on. I realize that there aren't a lot of programmers here on UtaForum, but any help can be good!
  • Icon set: I'm going to an icon set for the GUI soon. I can make icons, but help here would be nice. I'm looking for flat, minimalistic, monochrome icons.
  • Testers: In order to ensure proper functionality of Fluid across different systems, we need people that can download and test the latest builds on their computers. This is a great and easy way to get involved with this project!
  • Program icon/logo: This one sort of ties in with the Icon set. Although I don't really need a logo for now, if you want to make one, please feel free to do so! Again, I'm looking for a minimalistic, simple look.
If you are interested, please reply below and describe what you can do. Any help is greatly appreciated, don't dismiss yourself because you think you're not good enough! Help shape the future of vocal synthesis!

KX36XNT.png

Last edited:

Cronic

Teto's Territory
I can help with testing & maybe designing the program icon but I dunno about that x'D o wo//

Oda Hikaru

Teto's Territory
I can test it too. I would like to meet this new project. Any new synthesizing program would be nice to see around. ^^

Chianachini

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
At the very least I'd like to be a tester. I'll be learning c# next fall if you expect this to be a long project, and can even begin now if you think I'd be of use.
I've had experience in creating logos and icons before, but not in a modern style. It seems like making a clean, uniform theme would be fun.

Meta

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Just curious, but what exactly is Fluid? What's the reason for development? What will be pros/cons be in comparison to other vocal synthesizers that already exist? Or did I miss the memo?

Buck

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I can contribute some to source code development, but I won't be able to start until probably sometime around the week after next, since I will be at summer camp and will be gone for a week starting tommorow (the 17th). I am also having difficulty getting Visual Studio Community to install on my system (the installer keeps hanging and wont move at all asdfghjkle), so worst case scenario I will only be able to directly edit .cs files. I don't have github and won't be able to obtain it anytime soon (for reasons), so I will just PM you drive links I guess?

Also, I have literally 0 experience with coding outside of web development. I only say this because I don't want you to be disappointed if I can't contribute much XD. I will do the best I can though. I may have difficulties working on any form of schedule for the time being since I have school to do during much of the day and no access to my computer during that period.

And of course, I can also test builds once you finalize them.

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
I can contribute some to source code development, but I won't be able to start until probably sometime around the week after next, since I will be at summer camp and will be gone for a week starting tommorow (the 17th). I am also having difficulty getting Visual Studio Community to install on my system (the installer keeps hanging and wont move at all asdfghjkle), so worst case scenario I will only be able to directly edit .cs files. I don't have github and won't be able to obtain it anytime soon (for reasons), so I will just PM you drive links I guess?

Also, I have literally 0 experience with coding outside of web development. I only say this because I don't want you to be disappointed if I can't contribute much XD. I will do the best I can though. I may have difficulties working on any form of schedule for the time being since I have school to do during much of the day and no access to my computer during that period.

And of course, I can also test builds once you finalize them.
Welcome to the Fluid Dev Team! If you are having problems downloading Visual Studio, you could try the .iso image. Also, I would advise against editing the files directly as this could break the solution. I wont be disappointed at all if you don't contribute much. This could be a great opportunity to get some experience on a project!

I can help with testing & maybe designing the program icon but I dunno about that x'D o wo//
Im can be a tester :D
I can test, but my computer access time is very limited.
I can test it too. I would like to meet this new project. Any new synthesizing program would be nice to see around. ^^
Welcome to the Dev Team! I'll PM testers when a new build is ready. There's no hurry, and don't worry if you can't test a build right away (letting me know ahead of time is optional, but preferred).
At the very least I'd like to be a tester. I'll be learning c# next fall if you expect this to be a long project, and can even begin now if you think I'd be of use.
I've had experience in creating logos and icons before, but not in a modern style. It seems like making a clean, uniform theme would be fun.
Welcome to the team! For icon/logo making, I'll make the first icons so you can get a feel of the style I'm looking for. You can create the icons from there.

I will continue recruiting for one week, give or take, to give everybody a chance to enter. After recruiting is over, The members will then be assigned their jobs.

Reactions: Oda Hikaru

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
It's been 10 days now. Fluid Dev Team recruiting is over. Thanks for volunteering!

Buck

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hooray!

Welcome to the Fluid Dev Team! If you are having problems downloading Visual Studio, you could try the .iso image. Also, I would advise against editing the files directly as this could break the solution. I wont be disappointed at all if you don't contribute much. This could be a great opportunity to get some experience on a project!

Ok, im going to try that later. I was gonna do it earlier but i did not have an hour to wait for 6.9 GB of stuff to DL X.X