RIN/LEN V4X UPDATE

B

bodytemp

rinlenv4x_top.jpg

http://www.crypton.co.jp/mp/pages/prod/vocaloid/rinlenv4x.jsp

Rin and Len E.V.E.C v4x is set to release BEFORE Miku (www) Their release date is December 2015.

Heres some information:

• Both will come with XSY compatibility
  • 3 banks: SOFT/NORMAL/POWER.
  • They are based upon ACT1. This means they are focusing more on "mirroring" voices.

When more information becomes available I will translate and update.

(unconfirmed: working on english ver}

Reactions: partial

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Goodness, I didn't even notice the ACT1 rather than ACT2. That's...really worrisome. ACT1 was replaced in the first place because it wasn't good enough.

Also, for people hoping that Miku gets Appends, I think Rin/Len are a good sign that no, she will not. Rin, Len, and Luka have all only recieved a Soft, Power/Hard, and regular voice, and that's what Miku has had announced/tested. This is the path Crypton is going in. I'm just gonna say I'm disappointed. We can only hope for the best out of Rin and Len I suppose, let's hope their Power banks end up ore different than Miku's. (I'm also really sad to see Cold and Warm go, they were very interesting tones.)

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Goodness, I didn't even notice the ACT1 rather than ACT2. That's...really worrisome. ACT1 was replaced in the first place because it wasn't good enough.

Also, for people hoping that Miku gets Appends, I think Rin/Len are a good sign that no, she will not. Rin, Len, and Luka have all only recieved a Soft, Power/Hard, and regular voice, and that's what Miku has had announced/tested. This is the path Crypton is going in. I'm just gonna say I'm disappointed. We can only hope for the best out of Rin and Len I suppose, let's hope their Power banks end up ore different than Miku's. (I'm also really sad to see Cold and Warm go, they were very interesting tones.)

Same as you shina =< Pluss Len appends were really the voicebanks that managed to make me enjoy a bit more Len's voice (even if it will never reach the love I have for his sister/partner/mirror/whateverthatactsascounterpartuseyourownfanon Rin)... I already cried rivers back in V3 era when Miku's Vivid wasn't in the bundle and got released separately, such as Light... And like, I'll likely cry rivers one more time if both Miku Solid/Sweet and Kagamine appends are scrapped...

I've been looking at wat's twitter lately to see more informations about Rin / Len V4 for the last weeks, because since they were announced to have an update, I've somehow got thrilled (especially when they're probably tied with Miku's popularity, when it's not Luka, so it would have been surprising to let them stuck in V2 generation)

Also, I've been interested in it since they announced English addition.... And except if there are way much too troublesome incidents, I highly doubt they'd be the only Cryptonloids without any English voicebank, as since Luka and general renewal of interest in English voicebanks, Miku and KAIMei got one... Howveer one thing I can be sure of, no matter if it sound good or bad, I bet their English and especially Rin's will sound cute~

CarrotJuice

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
evec is brilliant in concept but i think in delivery its quite difficult to operate and get the most out of the potential it offers but it only works if it offers quite a lot of "appends" and i think that 3 each for rinlen is really not enough to deliver the flexibility needed to make evec a useful feature i think the best way crypton can make them awesome is really delivering by making english banks i think rin len english w/ cross-synth would be amazing and crypton english banks are definitely improving lukas english was the best one yet followed by kaito miku then meiko and i think a well developed english bank that is cross-synthable will be a real breakthough for english vocaloids (luka doesnt count) and it would just be a really intresting tool to use with english vocals ^_^ without this english stuff im afraid they fall short so i hope it gets developed

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
evec is brilliant in concept but i think in delivery its quite difficult to operate and get the most out of the potential it offers but it only works if it offers quite a lot of "appends" and i think that 3 each for rinlen is really not enough to deliver the flexibility needed to make evec a useful feature i think the best way crypton can make them awesome is really delivering with there english i think rin len english w/ cross-synth would be amazing and crypton english banks are definitely improving lukas english was the best one yet followed by kaito miku then meiko and i think a well developed english bank that is cross-synthable will be a real breakthough for english vocaloids (luka doesnt count) and it would just be a really intresting tool to use with english vocals ^_^

Yeah, though we don't know if they want two English vocals per Kagamine (a power / a soft -that this time sounds like actual soft and somehow different from power) or if there'll be only one English vocal per Kagamine meaning no XSY

CarrotJuice

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
well i sorta meant they could have one each and you could xsy rin and len together haha

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Eeeeeh that'd be cool, but technically if it's two different "characters" you cannot, hence why you cannot XSY Aoki sisters together or even Anon & Kanon... After there's a way but as it's illegal, like veryone else I pretend it's not possible or doesn't exist.

CarrotJuice

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
yeah but there pretty much the same character just "mirror" and crypton is very rich so pleasebribeyamaha >_<

B

bodytemp

NEW INFORMATION:

• They are using miku's feedback to improve Rin and Len.
  • They are fixing the cons of ACT 1. It will be a new bank they just wanted the tone of ACT 1 not ACT2.
  • Twitter seems to be hinting to Engloid RIN/LEN. This would make sense as they are the only CV series that doesnt have a english bank yet. I'm trying to source information on this as much as possible.
If you guys find anything and would like me to translate it lemme know.

Reactions: partial
P

partial

Personally, I am VERY pleased with them bringing back the ACT1 tone.

But, of course, I'm especially excited for English Rin/Len..

CarrotJuice

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
was act 2 different in tone to act 1 or something? i dont get why this is a big deal unless there tone changed from act1-act2? i thought they just fixed all the glichyness

B

bodytemp

LEN ACT 1

(act 2)

RIN ACT 1

LEN ACT1/2 (mikus part is ACT 1 Luka is ACT 2)

CarrotJuice

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
omg i really hope rin and len can xsy with each other there isnt a better opportunity for this PLZZ CRYPTON THE OPPORTUNEEEE

Sonianjeriku Kagamine

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Like Miku V4X, the demo sound good but i'm sure the append are EVEC only and i can't accept that. I don't want to buy more only for a new software and more VBs.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Rin and Len have 4 voicebanks each. 3 are japanese and 1 is english. Each has one japanese voicebank with 2 evecs.

Rin
Power (Power + Soft evec)
Warm
Sweet
English

Len
Power (Power + Soft evec)
Cold
Serious
English

Reactions: Milk

CarrotJuice

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
ew they're english is getting sold separately like miku thats such a shame :'(
there english banks are quite a lot cheaper though so at least thats good
im also not sure if the english banks will come with piapro and studio one (lets hope so)

Last edited:

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Aw too bad =C I love the demo though, but yeah, anyway that was bound to happen seeing what they're following with Luka and Miku....

Also, I like the growl on them, it does sound cool (myopiniondon'tkillme)

Leah

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Japanese and English are sold both separately and in a bundle, so don't fret; you'll still be able to buy them together.

They sound clearer, smoother and overall more pleasant. Crypton definitely achieved their aim to make Rin's low notes sound nicer. I'm really looking forward to hear their English voicebanks, and I will definitely be buying their bundle as their great fan.