Romaji to kana plugin

Rai

Teto's Territory
Repost from the old forum;

This is a wonderful plugin found by tady159 that allows for romaji -> kana conversion of usts. Keeping in mind there is already a Converter for this purpose, in some cases it has failed to work and so this is another method.

Original plugin link: http://ux.getuploader.com/yuuboku/download/7/romantokana_2009092601.zip
Look below for a modified version.

Tady and I have managed to easily reverse engineer it to work for both romaji -> kana and kana -> romaji as two seperate plugins. If anyone is unable to figure out how to do so just ask and a tutorial will be put here.

Edit: I uploaded a version of it with the files edited like tady posted so that you only need to use one plugin to switch either way.
http://www.mediafire.com/?h67fq4srsb90imb

To install it, first unpack it using winRAR or some other program. Then you go to the directory where you installed UTAU and paste the folder into the 'plugins' folder. If there isn't one just make it.

After you install it, you just select the notes you want to convert, go to Tools>Plug-Ins and choose romakanaswitch. If you want to convert the entire ust, just select all the notes (ctrl-a) and run the plugin.

Any problems or questions please ask.

tady159

Ruko's Ruffians
work for both romaji -> kana and kana -> romaji as two seperate plugins

Actually, I figured out that you can make both work on the SAME plugin, so you don't have to copy the files and just change the template for the inverse process. I did this to mine, and works fine.

Rai

Teto's Territory
ooh that's awesome Tady! The only situation that might have trouble in is if the ust in question has a mix of kana and roma for whatever reason and you only wanted it in one of them. Rare occurrence though.

tady159

Ruko's Ruffians
I have downloaded that one too a while ago, but I didn't think there was anything much special for it (mainly cause I totally redid the table for the other one from scratch lol)

Dojan

Momo's Minion
Rai link said:
ooh that's awesome Tady! The only situation that might have trouble in is if the ust in question has a mix of kana and roma for whatever reason and you only wanted it in one of them. Rare occurrence though.

That isn't a problem since the plugin looks for a character on a list, and if the character can't be found in the corresponding list, then it ignores the character and moves on. So rather than inverting the characters, you'll end up with a UST entirely in kana/roma.

novagirl

Teto's Territory
Rai link said:
Repost from the old forum;

This is a wonderful plugin found by tady159 that allows for romaji -> kana conversion of usts. Keeping in mind there is already a Converter for this purpose, in some cases it has failed to work and so this is another method.

Link: http://ux.getuploader.com/yuuboku/download/7/romantokana_2009092601.zip

Tady and I have managed to easily reverse engineer it to work for both romaji -> kana and kana -> romaji as two seperate plugins. If anyone is unable to figure out how to do so just ask and a tutorial will be put here.
How do you use it anyways?

Rai

Teto's Territory
I uploaded a version of it with the files edited like tady previously posted so that you only need to use one plugin to switch either way.
http://www.mediafire.com/?h67fq4srsb90imb

To install it, you go to the directory where you installed UTAU and paste the folder into the 'plugins' folder. If there isn't one just make it.

After you install it, you just select the notes you want to convert, go to Tools>Plug-Ins and choose romakanaswitch. If you want to convert the entire ust, just select all the notes (ctrl-a) and run the plugin.

novagirl

Teto's Territory
Rai link said:
I uploaded a version of it with the files edited like tady previously posted so that you only need to use one plugin to switch either way.
http://www.mediafire.com/?4hbl19o28dvytdl

To install it, you go to the directory where you installed UTAU and paste the folder into the 'plugins' folder. If there isn't one just make it.

After you install it, you just select the notes you want to convert, go to Tools>Plug-Ins and choose romatokanaswitch. If you want to convert the entire ust, just select all the notes (ctrl-a) and run the plugin.
Thanks that's just what I needed.  Some songs were in romaji can I couldn't read the symbols to find why Miss Kitty couldn't sing one of words.  So now I can use it to set the song to kana so I can find out what she missing.

Zarsla

ENG-JPN UTAU User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hi
A few months ago, I edited the list of characters in the list, so that when the converter was used, it could do VCV as well.I also renamed it in UTAU with an english name, "Romaji -> <- Hiragana".

Folder Link

So I'm going to put the files on here, in this post. Just click the link.
The files are put in the kanatoroma folder, now press reload when you open the plugins in UTAU.
~Zarsla
PS if the creator wishes for me to take these off, I will.

Last edited: