Seeking music for original song in English!

Illisandria Carthain

Momo's Minion
I have the lyrics, I have the lyrical tune, I know what I'd like it to sound like but I have no idea how to get it there. So if someone could either teach me how compose the song or help me by composing the musical part for me, that would be fantastic.

[sub]'cause I'm useless at composing...completely rubbish...[/sub]

Your name would go on the credits, you would get credit. This is purely for fun and not for monetary gain.

WhiteRoseMarie

Momo's Minion
Ah. . .I so badly want to say that I can help ;W; but all I'd be able to do right now is a flute part. . .*sulks and draws on floor with finger*

I may be able to come up with something more though. I'm not sure right now due to my schedule (why so many double headers in softball D; They're picking on me!)

If you want, we can work something out and see what happens? I'm willing to work and if you find another artist, you may still use whatever I do manage to whip up if you still want to use it somehow! All I ask is credit. ^w^;

Illisandria Carthain

Momo's Minion
I got someone for the one I was looking for but I have a few more I'd like to try.

Right now I'm looking at doing a march and I have the drumline down but the rest is not there. Interested?

nightfrog9

Teto's Territory
what are you searching particularly for ? XP
like a nice fugue or a march or something sad or liek happy :P
i do persecution, trumpet, harmonica ((in C , Bb, and Eb), and little piano and guitar xP i love collaborating compositions :D

Illisandria Carthain

Momo's Minion
Gyaaaaaaa! SO many people! I'm so happy >v<

Okay so the song is supposed to be called "Koschei's Lament" and it's supposed to be off-kilter and (in the beginning) somewhat pleading.

Essentially (and forgive my nerdism here but that was the entire point of the song) it's a Doctor Who-themed song about the Master (and if you're confused I can give you some wikia links to clear some things up for you) and the sound of drums in his head (the drumbeat for the whole song, a set of four sixteenth notes in rapid succession) driving him to madness.

He wants help at first and is asking the Doctor (referenced to by his Academy nickname "Theta") if he can hear them or if he's just crazy. Then, as the song goes on, he becomes more and more insane and in the last verse rejects the Doctor's attempt to help him saying "I don't need you/I don't need anyone"

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/kelsey-betts/koscheis-lament-vocals[/soundcloud]
(intro)

Can you hear them?
Hear the drummers drumming
That mad sound is sounding
In my head
Can you stop them?
Can you make them listen
Make them stop their drumming
It's driving me mad

Come to me, come to me, come to me Koschei
Come to me, come to me, Master of all

Why won't you help?
Why will you not help me?
Theta, they will kill me
Drive me mad
You can't hear them?
Why can you not hear them?
Are they real or are they
In my head?

Listen now, listen now, listen now Koschei
You will be, you will be Master of all

(instrumental)

I don't need you
I don't need anyone
I was left all alone
For so long
You will bow down
Like the drummers told me
You will bow down to me
I'm Master now

They're coming, they're coming, they're coming Koschei
They will come, they will come Master of all
You'll be free, you'll be free, you'll be free Koschei
And you'll be, and you'll be Master of all

(sixteenth note pattern)
Dadadada dadadada dadadada dadadada dadadada...(etc)
(fade out)

Man! I'm so excited! >v<

nightfrog9

Teto's Territory
i can see playing somthing like that on xylophones ,  do you have a midi. or do you want it to sound like that?(i may end up not ever doing it though .. be warnded :P)
do have anymore or another part to that midi?

Illisandria Carthain

Momo's Minion
nightfrog9 link said:
i can see playing somthing like that on xylophones ,  do you have a midi. or do you want it to sound like that?(i may end up not ever doing it though .. be warnded :P)
do have anymore or another part to that midi?

I have the midi file but that's just the first verse and the first chorus tune and I also have the backbeat down but not in a midi file yet.

I don't expect you to do anything. That you would even offer to help makes my day.

WhiteRoseMarie

Momo's Minion
. . .I had a flute part in my head this morning that would go well with this. I also bought some sheet music so that I can come up with some things as well.

I'll see what I can do~! I really like the tune in the sample you posted. It's very interesting and I'd love to help as much as I can!

Illisandria Carthain

Momo's Minion
WhiteRoseMarie link said:
. . .I had a flute part in my head this morning that would go well with this. I also bought some sheet music so that I can come up with some things as well.

I'll see what I can do~! I really like the tune in the sample you posted. It's very interesting and I'd love to help as much as I can!

Yay! I'm glad you like!

TheBakaKitsune link said:
Ask KentaiP on youtube. He s a great composer :smile:

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll look him up! :smile: I do like working with the people on this thread though.