LadyOgien

A Lone Weeb
Defender of Defoko
Hello all. I'm going to be looking for voice providers for two new UTAU very soon--people who have the time, equipment and like a challenge.
The reason I'm doing this now rather than later is to gauge interest, as I'd like to find my voicers by spring next year and give them until the spring after that to complete the banks.

I'm looking for two very different voice types, and, please, no edited/pitched voices.

PLEASE don't think I'm asking for voices exactly like the examples I give??? I'm mostly just trying to give examples of timbre.

Voice 1 [VOICER FOUND, Looking for "understudies" now]
A male or a very deep female that could be mistaken for a male voice. An example could be Kujiloid (female VA, super deep, kinda androgynous?). If there's no person who can deliver a voice like that, a good female type example could be Kaon Sakurai.

Voice 2 [More applications needed!]
The second voice would need to be a full, feminine voice. Asane Sana and Mizuo are good examples of what I have in mind.

What you'd be recording:
Japanese:
  • Natural, soft and strong VCV, 4 pitches each (all the same so that they may all be used in the same track)
  • Glottal stops
  • Vocal fry/edge
  • CV growl
English:
  • Natural, soft and strong VCCV, monopitch (will want to upgrade to more pitches later on for extra pay)
  • Vowel vocal fry samples
Extras
  • Breaths
  • Sighs
  • Laughs
  • Counting (1, 2, 3)
  • Short phrases (Yeah! Yes! Ok! No!)
  • Other piddly things
Requirements and Payment:
I need people who are hard workers, don't mind critique/re-recording parts with bad frqs, can get little to no background noise in their samples, have a blue yeti or better mic, will use OREMO, will STAND while recording, are able to be paid via paypal, DA points (points would be much easier for me, though) or art, and can dampen their recordings (I mean, I use blankets I toss over a PVC frame, I don't need you to have super fancy shmancy equipment).

My goal here is to get voicers who can make their samples match as well as possible to my own recordings. I want each OGIENoid to sound consistent in quality and flow well together.

Payment:
For the amount of work I need done I would offer $60 cash, $70 worth of my art or 6000 DA points as well as free boxarts/keychains for that particular Ogienoid once they're released (for the merch, tho, you'd have to be in the USA or Canada) with a recording window of 12-ish months. I would prefer to pay in small increments per finished bank. Please understand. If you vanish on me or quit right in the middle of the bank, it will be absolutely useless to me since it won't be up to par with the other Ogienoids. Plus, unless we're relatively familiar with each other, I don't feel comfortable giving the total payment away and trusting I'm not going to be screwed over.
I would also prefer people who would be up for recording additional pitches for the English banks in the future for additional pay.

Please comment if interested, and rest assured that voicing interest doesn't bind you to providing a voice for me. As of right now, none of this is final. I'm just trying to cast the line and see if there are any fish in this lake at all before I run into my personal deadline.

Thank you very much for reading!

HERE IS THE APPLICATION FORM

Last edited:
Reactions: lunavi

VaNexuS

The Interstellar NexuS of Super Novas
Defender of Defoko
I'm interested, but I don't know if I can guarantee straight recording within the next 6 months or so, since I'm in an environment where I can't record because of disruption/on my and others' ends. Though if that's okay-- I'm definitely willing if you'll have me--. I've been wanting to seriously voice for someone instead of just shipping off a random voice.. llOTL My voice has changed since I last recorded anything, so I think I can manage a husky? or maybe just a deep, semi-solid female voice-- since my voice type is that of a mature female, I believe...
But regardless, good luck finding someone who fits your standards-- Hope this goes well!

Reactions: LadyOgien

LadyOgien

A Lone Weeb
Defender of Defoko
I'm interested, but I don't know if I can guarantee straight recording within the next 6 months or so, since I'm in an environment where I can't record because of disruption/on my and others' ends. Though if that's okay-- I'm definitely willing if you'll have me--. I've been wanting to seriously voice for someone instead of just shipping off a random voice.. llOTL My voice has changed since I last recorded anything, so I think I can manage a husky? or maybe just a deep, semi-solid female voice-- since my voice type is that of a mature female, I believe...
But regardless, good luck finding someone who fits your standards-- Hope this goes well!
Regardless of the outcome, I definitely thank you for taking interest in this project and applying, m'dear! :smile:

LadyOgien

A Lone Weeb
Defender of Defoko
-bump-
We've had a lot of applications for the male/deep female, but none for the teen female voice yet! If you're interested in being a part of this, please apply! The more the merrier, and having "understudies" for this is nothing but helpful. Thanks!

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I would have liked to apply for the teen voice (since husky already got candidates) but sadly I don't think i'll be able to enter... Indeed I'm quite busy (I can still work if it's like 12-18 months) but at the same time, I don't work with OREMO and the VCCV I'd record would be my very first one and be likely experimental... Moreover even if I get close to Mizuo and Sana's voicetypes I don't think it would still fit what you're seeking TwT"' Finally, I don't own a Yeti nor any hyped / crystal clear microphone...

I wish you luck though on finding two voice actresses for this project !

Reactions: LadyOgien

LadyOgien

A Lone Weeb
Defender of Defoko
I would have liked to apply for the teen voice (since husky already got candidates) but sadly I don't think i'll be able to enter... Indeed I'm quite busy (I can still work if it's like 12-18 months) but at the same time, I don't work with OREMO and the VCCV I'd record would be my very first one and be likely experimental... Moreover even if I get close to Mizuo and Sana's voicetypes I don't think it would still fit what you're seeking TwT"' Finally, I don't own a Yeti nor any hyped / crystal clear microphone...

I wish you luck though on finding two voice actresses for this project !
Regardless, I thank you for the interest ;v;

LadyOgien

A Lone Weeb
Defender of Defoko
I'm interested in voicing teen female voice. I have already fill out the form.
i filled in the form under the name marthe pieron euhm idk if it arived
[doublepost=1474026169][/doublepost]
I sended it again just to be sure
It will arive
I have received both your form entries. Thank you very much!
Results won't be determined until spring, so please bear with me ^^