SHINAMI RETURNS

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Some of you perhaps saw my return on SoundCloud, but I'm back!

For those who have never known me or people who may have forgotten with time, I'm an old UTAU user (though not around as long as Myst and SRS) who got into UTAU I think in 2010? And I kinda started floating away early 2014 because of life. I have worked on many UTAUs and USTs in my time but I didn't release many unfortunately. Even my pride and joy bank, Leil, has existed for over two years now and was never released. It was interesting watching her go from being a cutting edge bank at her first demo to now just being average.

That aside, I'm probably most remembered by my tutorials I made (THe USTS were of mostly obscure songs haha), and I'm probably the only person who advocated USTs by hand rather than by MIDI haha! I kinda like to think I also greatly helped with the spread of VCV through the English speaking community as before my first tutorial dealing with it there were very few VCV banks and many that existed had awful, incorrect otos. No one really got it. While looking back my tutorial is terrible by our better-educated standards, it was a step to bettering the community which in my opinion is a great thing to be proud of.

Anyways, I'm back and I hope to comtinue to help better the community! After August rolls around I plan to buy Parallels so I can go back to using UTAU-PC rather than Mac's Synth which is awful. I'm excited to make USTs again and also plan on commissioning someone to oto my banks so I can pump out a high quality bank like I've always dreamed of.

What really got me back into the community was Cz's new VCCV English, very excited for that! I already plan to do a bank (who knows how the oto will happen haha!) and USTs are ready for conversion.

Looking forward to everyone again! I will be making a thread asking what's happened since I've left. Hope to see some of you there!

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Yo! *fistbump* Thanks for the return welcome!

VaNexuS

The Interstellar NexuS of Super Novas
Defender of Defoko
Aaaah Shinami!! Welcome back!! ; w ;/ You may not know me under this name or remember me at all, either, but I went by Nova for a while.. |'D But yes, Welcome back!! I'm really excited for your upcoming works and coming back into the community..! ; A ;/
Aaah, I'm very glad you're back and I wish you luck! ; u ;

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hey Nova, of course I remember you! And PuririnLuka are you not Pruin? If so heya and if not very nice to meet you! You'll be sure to see me around a lot, even when I started to become inactive elsewhere I always frequented this forum. ouo

Zoku

making doper vocaloid music than the rest
Defender of Defoko
Shinami! I was wondering what happened to you! Welcome back to the community and you'll see that a lot of things have changed. I hope that your re-entering isn't too overwhelming... ((I don't,know if you remember me, but if you do, then aaaAaaaAAAAAAAA I AM REMEMBERED BY SHINAMI, WOW))

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hey Zokune, of course I remember you! XD And thanks Adlez and Moonstar! You know it's been awesome to see that you and Irirs still frequent here Moonstar, some people from our similar join time group are still here. ; 7 ; Did Rai float off to DA permamently or has he kinda faded away?

moonst4r

Witch of the Night
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hey Zokune, of course I remember you! XD And thanks Adlez and Moonstar! You know it's been awesome to see that you and Irirs still frequent here Moonstar, some people from our similar join time group are still here. ; 7 ; Did Rai float off to DA permamently or has he kinda faded away?

Ah yeah, I'm still here by an unknown force lol You can still see some of us scattered here and there. And sorry, I have no idea.

mangosiryan12

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
welcome back! shinami!!! yay!! i know how it feels when life gives you all the lemons it have! //kicked
anyways! welcome to the community again!!! //big hugs
my otoing commission is still open for you :'D

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Yoyoyo people! *multpile high fives given*

And hey, even if you don't know me thanks for the welcome. XD Hopefully you'll come to know me from around here! And I always post things on my SC too for UST and bank wips if you're curious. I'll be doing my best to step up and reply to lots of things here too! :smile:

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hi Shinami and welcome back ovo)/

I believe we've met before but at the time I wasn't too active hahah (one day I was like "oh, whatever happened to this person?
It was always nice to see your works and I can't wait to see your future ones! They were always really good heehee-
You may have noticed that the community has changed a lot so it's probably gonna be a shock to see how big the shift was!(hopefully in a positive way)

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Haha thanks for the formal welcome. XD I do seriously remember you from years ago though like you said I don't think you were super active, I think it was mostly you posting aroudn the forum. And yeah it has changed a bit. Feels very slightly more barren here? D: Are there less newcommers these days? Or it's probably moreso they're on different social media and I doubt the word about UTaforum gets out too often sigh. Maybe I should like host something here to advertise it or something. I know at some point during the week I'm going to do some art freebies so keep a look out!

And hey Aali, welcome yourself to UTAU! :D It's a very fun and interesting program and I hope you like the community! It's a bit of a harsh learning curve at the start but once you get the hang of it anyone can make great banks and USTs if you put the effot in.

★M3ROKA★

.Puri
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Oh~ Shinami's back!✧ I'm not sure if you remember me pftt but it's so good to see some of the oldies returning again ;u; <3 Welcome back! I'm looking forward to what you do in the future~~ ✧