Shiruaki's [Originals]

Sylphique

Momo's Minion
This thread will probably slightly empty-ish for a while, But it is the domain of my Original Songs~
Music is simply a hobby of mine. I am a pianist~ ;u ;

OTLOTL old stuff. Scroll to my latest reply for newer things.

v wip of 'glacier'
[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/shiruaki/glacier[/soundcloud]

Nikiten

Momo's Minion
Re: Sylphique's [Originals]

It definitely has that icy tone to it. I think the name is appropriate. Cx Hope you finish it. o w o

Sylphique

Momo's Minion

I'm happy that it sounds how I wanted it to, i'll try to finish it in my free time ;u ;~

Sylphique

Momo's Minion

Illisandria Carthain link said:
Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh! If you don't finish it, may I have the honor of finishing it? (lyrics wise)?
I'm happy to oblige ; u ;, I love collaborating~ But as I don't know what to expect or haven't seen examples of your Lyric writing, I hope you wouldn't mind some possible Concrit or improvisation, if I feel somethings missing~ Freedom of the lyrics is still yours, as long as it fits the tone and and melody; If you're fine with that, once I'm finished I can send you a UST to fill in the lyrics~ ;u ;~

Illisandria Carthain

Momo's Minion

Sylphique link said:
I'm happy to oblige ; u ;, I love collaborating~ But as I don't know what to expect or haven't seen examples of your Lyric writing, I hope you wouldn't mind some possible Concrit or improvisation, if I feel somethings missing~ Freedom of the lyrics is still yours, as long as it fits the tone and and melody; If you're fine with that, once I'm finished I can send you a UST to fill in the lyrics~ ;u ;~
Eheheheheh. Concrit is more than acceptable. I love it really! What better way to get better than to receive concrit and learn from it? As for an example of my lyric writing I could PM you a newer/improved song (lyrics only) I'm working on my composition with if you like.

And it's you music so feel free to change it as you please. I will try and keep to the feel of the song.

Sylphique

Momo's Minion

[quote author=Sylphique link=topic=1084.msg7855#msg7855 date=1333031589]
Eheheheheh. Concrit is more than acceptable. I love it really! What better way to get better than to receive concrit and learn from it? As for an example of my lyric writing I could PM you a newer/improved song (lyrics only) I'm working on my composition with if you like.

And it's you music so feel free to change it as you please. I will try and keep to the feel of the song.
[/quote]

Completely true, I love it too~ [I have a friend who gets at me for things like drawing wind in the wrong direction xD, it really helps~] ;u ;~. Sure~ I'd love to see an example of your lyrics ; u ;. Since its Easter break for me, I'm thinking I might have the time to make a decent PV for it too.

Illisandria Carthain

Momo's Minion

Well'p...this is a tad late BUT! I have to say one thing: my japanese is weabooish at the best. Google Translate is my friend and English won't work. Is this okay? (and sorry for the long break...been busy)

Sylphique

Momo's Minion

Well'p...this is a tad late BUT! I have to say one thing: my japanese is weabooish at the best. Google Translate is my friend and English won't work. Is this okay? (and sorry for the long break...been busy)
Sure. I won't mind. However, translators often make a lot of mistakes. I can help you with it if you'd like. but if its too hard, don't force yourself :smile:

Illisandria Carthain

Momo's Minion

Thank you :3

I actually have a bit done (and the lyrics written down so if needed there can be a better translation) and I had to mess with the vowels a but and am a tad worried on how that will effect the meaning
orz
I don't want to make this sound all bad but I wanna come up with some kickass lyrics, yeah? Hmph....-3- give a little, get a little.

I'll shoot you a PM when I get stuck.

Sylphique

Momo's Minion
Ohhhhhhhhh I totally forgot about this post and left it so unupdated.
I actually did finish refining this song a while back, but I think Illisandria disappeared or something. I uploaded it here for anyone who was curious.
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/shiruaki/glacier-mastering-complete[/soundcloud]
The lyrics are just dummy lyrics with occasional random words of nonsense meaning. And the ust is literally just not edited.
I probably will get round to writing lyrics now because it fits something I want to do. But it will probably be given a proper name instead of my random wip names.

These are some things I WIP'd quite a while back but forgot to post them here because I'm such a loser xD- they're still Wip cause im lazy.
I wrote this ages ago for the two utaus I wanted to release -but scrapped- *(and finally ended up releasing Shiru instead). I had Shiki crappily render Kaai Yuki for me because I do not own her and thought it suited her voice type. My main thoughts while writing this one was the snow outside some kind of cathedral-y place
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/shiruaki/gin-ruris-demo-song-sung-by[/soundcloud]

This one is a music box melody I wrote for my best friend.
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/shiruaki/for-shiki-chan[/soundcloud]

This one actually has a decided official name. Lycoris. Based on my favourite flower Lycoris radiata.
Its just written for piano so far. because I play piano. otherwise im just lazylazy /shot
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/shiruaki/wip-sadjasdkh[/soundcloud]

There are alot more things I've. but as you probably know, im a lazy kid. Uploading takes energy.
But I have officially started working on my debut song to break my youtube/nico virginity.
This song is a story in probably 3 parts and will feature vocaloid IA with my Utau Shiru.
The title of the first song is Æi but I will not be showing any WIPs for it, or revealing the reason for it's fictional/hidden name and context until it is completely finished.

Illisandria Carthain

Momo's Minion
シルアキ | Shiruaki link said:
[quote author=Illisandria Carthain link=topic=1084.msg31758#msg31758 date=1355263370]
AAAAAAAAUGH! I was TOTALLY working on this but I've been UTAUblocked by RL! :sad: sorry!
Its okay :uhuhu: Then I'll continue to wait then o uo
[/quote]
Nngh! Thanks! :3

Illisandria Carthain

Momo's Minion
|||||OTL

So I was working on adding the lyrics and I realised...they don't fit without sounding weird and/or me changing the UST.

Is that okay or would you proofread them and make them fit? Or both?

And what UTsu would you like to use?

I have one that fits the pitch but he needs to be otoed. He's VCV so it's taking a bit.

Sylphique

Momo's Minion
|||||OTL

So I was working on adding the lyrics and I realised...they don't fit without sounding weird and/or me changing the UST.

Is that okay or would you proofread them and make them fit? Or both?

And what UTsu would you like to use?

I have one that fits the pitch but he needs to be otoed. He's VCV so it's taking a bit.

Changing the Ust would mean i have to change the accompaniment and music, which I really don't feel like doing anymore (because i'm busy and currently working on a 30-40 ish OST collection). xD However if its just the halfing of the cells for adding on an 'n', it should be ok.
Send it to me and I'll take a look at both.
Send me what you intended it to mean in english as well, so I understand what you wanted to portray too.
Unless i'm writing lyrics before music I usually write lyrics in a different method though, so I never have to worry about that kind of thing.
I'll probably think more about an UTsu after seeing the lyric's contents - u -.

Illisandria Carthain

Momo's Minion
Reflecting off a mirror
They dance around below us
Reality shattered into pieces
We meet in the middle

Glittering all around
Breaking without a sound
My heartbeat is slowly stopping
Resting in a glacier

All we have flows before us
Past and present meeting
"What have I done to deserve this?"
Traitorous thoughts ask aloud

That's all I have so far and I was using several sites on top of translate to work on it but, unfortunately, it didn't fit the UST.

I was thinking it was about a pair of figure skaters who fall through the surface of a lake one day and slowly drift to the bottom "resting in a glacier" and freezing to death. Morbid but... :/ meh.

Thoughts?

Sylphique

Momo's Minion
Reflecting off a mirror
We meet in the middle

Glittering all around
Breaking without a sound
Resting in a glacier

Past and present meeting
\"What have I done to deserve this?\"

That's all I have so far and I was using several sites on top of translate to work on it but, unfortunately, it didn't fit the UST.

I was thinking it was about a pair of figure skaters who fall through the surface of a lake one day and slowly drift to the bottom \"resting in a glacier\" and freezing to death. Morbid but... :/ meh.

Thoughts?
Our lyric writing methods are very different , but its generally nice idea you have. But the structure isn't quite identical so its no wonder it doesn't fit the ust. However I do like the general setting. I'm not quite understanding the 'pair' of lovers as I didn't really write it as a duet or anything that suggests anything romantic. I was really surprised how you stuck to the WIP name, even though it was just a WIP Name aha. I like the 'getting closer to death' essence. However I'd like to change the context slightly. But i like the drift into morbidity.

Rather than a figure skater I was thinking something else.
A person who is possessed by a curse/disease that cant be destroyed (it will move on to another person if the vessel dies and just provoke an endless cycle) goes to a icy crystal cave like place in order to prevent any more victims. There, the person stays until completely encapsulated in ice to be frozen for all eternity.
The curse itself is something 'evil' that eventually takes over your mind and sanity until you lose 'who you are' and you go on murder sprees or something.
As the time passes, the person is slowly being encapsulated by the ice and singing about what is occurring and the feeling of slowly losing his/herself in both mind(by the curse) and physically(by the ice) (incorporating what you have written).

Please excuse my love for fantasy //shot

if you don't mind my improvisations I can go ahead and edit the lyrics as well as rewrite them in Japanese.

Illisandria Carthain

Momo's Minion
シルアキ | Shiruaki link said:
[quote author=Illisandria Carthain link=topic=1084.msg32818#msg32818 date=1356296746]
Reflecting off a mirror
We meet in the middle

Glittering all around
Breaking without a sound
Resting in a glacier

Past and present meeting
\"What have I done to deserve this?\"

I was thinking it was about a pair of figure skaters who fall through the surface of a lake one day and slowly drift to the bottom \"resting in a glacier\" and freezing to death. Morbid but... :/ meh.

Thoughts?
Our lyric writing methods are very different , but its generally nice idea you have. But the structure isn't quite identical so its no wonder it doesn't fit the ust. However I do like the general setting. I'm not quite understanding the 'pair' of lovers as I didn't really write it as a duet or anything that suggests anything romantic. I was really surprised how you stuck to the WIP name, even though it was just a WIP Name aha. I like the 'getting closer to death' essence. However I'd like to change the context slightly. But i like the drift into morbidity.

Rather than a figure skater I was thinking something else.
A person who is possessed by a curse/disease that cant be destroyed (it will move on to another person if the vessel dies and just provoke an endless cycle) goes to a icy crystal cave like place in order to prevent any more victims. There, the person stays until completely encapsulated in ice to be frozen for all eternity.
The curse itself is something 'evil' that eventually takes over your mind and sanity until you lose 'who you are' and you go on murder sprees or something.
As the time passes, the person is slowly being encapsulated by the ice and singing about what is occurring and the feeling of slowly losing his/herself in both mind(by the curse) and physically(by the ice) (incorporating what you have written).

Please excuse my love for fantasy //shot

if you don't mind my improvisations I can go ahead and edit the lyrics as well as rewrite them in Japanese.
[/quote]

Nae, nae, go ahead. It was a WIP idea, and besides: the Japanese sounded okay but..I'm not bilingual so...*shrugs shoulders*

Glad you like the morbid take on it and I love the possession idea! If I may ask: can I do artsy things for the release and/or cover art?