Should I Make More XOTAloids?

If I were to make another XOTA unit, what color should his hair be? If more, mark any that apply.

• White

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Green

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Purple

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Orange

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Red

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Black

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Animé Fan

Head of the Shonen Academy
Defender of Defoko
Even though they're still too new to the UTAU community, something's been telling me that I should add more XOTAloids. Even if that were to happen, I don't think I'll be able to find voice providers for them. I could always reuse some unnamed or obsolete UTAU voicebanks in my stash, but I fear if I keep doing that, others will accuse of being lazy and/or dishonest. As much as I love creating new characters and giving my UTAU more partners, I don't think I'll be able to handle any more UTAU voicebanks, considering how much I already have!

Overall, I'm asking if I should make more XOTAloids or not. If yes, then please tell which hair color I should pick for him; the same thing applies if more than one.

This is just a thought that's been bothering me for the longest time and I really needed to let it out! :cry:

Animé Fan

Defender of Defoko
What is a xotaloid?
The XOTAloids are a group of UTAU that I own. As shown by the name, they're supposed to resemble shotas (young boy characters). There are currently three XOTA units:

Q.P._Icon.png
Q.P
O.G._Icon.jpg
O.G
D.T._Icon.jpg
and D.T

Each one of them represents several aspects of typical shonen characters, shown through their biographical information and personality traits. This thread is sort of like a "what if" thing, so it may or may not happen in the future. In other words, it's just a thought that's been bothering me for a long time.

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
The XOTAloids are a group of UTAU that I own. As shown by the name, they're supposed to resemble shotas (young boy characters). There are currently three XOTA units:

View attachment 3236
Q.P
View attachment 3237
O.G
View attachment 3238
and D.T

Each one of them represents several aspects of typical shonen characters, shown through their biographical information and personality traits. This thread is sort of like a "what if" thing, so it may or may not happen in the future. In other words, it's just a thought that's been bothering me for a long time.
Oh, I see. I read it wrong, like ex-otiloids.

Reactions: Piia

Animé Fan

Defender of Defoko
Oh, I see. I read it wrong, like ex-otiloids.
It's fine. I was originally going to go for "Shotaloid", but I thought that would seem far too obvious and it's probably taken. But then again, many people don't really respect or appreciate shotas as much as I do, which personally makes me sad and mad.

Animé Fan

Defender of Defoko
More XOTAloids?!
SIGN ME UP I NEED MORE OF THEM
Well, if I were to do that, I'll need people who'd be willing enough to provide voices for them. But this poll is simply a what-if, so I'm not sure whether I'll do it. Besides, I kind of have too many UTAU to handle! :cry:

But if you're really interested in voicing one, feel free to let me know and I'll try to initiate the project.

dezzydream

cv bank enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
Well, if I were to do that, I'll need people who'd be willing enough to provide voices for them. But this poll is simply a what-if, so I'm not sure whether I'll do it. Besides, I kind of have too many UTAU to handle! :cry:

But if you're really interested in voicing one, feel free to let me know and I'll try to initiate the project.
i wanna be a purple one
Only issue here is that my current mic is my laptop mic and it sucks.

Animé Fan

Defender of Defoko
i wanna be a purple one
Only issue here is that my current mic is my laptop mic and it sucks.
I see. Sure. I'll sign you up as him once I get a design for him and yes. I do require a high-quality mic for the XOTAloids.

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
As much as I love creating new characters and giving my UTAU more partners, I don't think I'll be able to handle any more UTAU voicebanks, considering how much I already have!

I wouldn't suggest making more characters and finding voice providers for them if you're just barely maintaining the voices that currently exist. It's inevitable that 1) some voices will get neglected down the line where you either don't use them in favor of the ones you've made personally (this can discourage the voice creator from working with you or others in the future if they feel that the end results of their efforts aren't utilized), or 2) you do find a voice provider, only for them to have limited availability after the initial voicebank creation process (there's the possibility that some voices that get made will never see an update past 1.0, they may just simply refuse to record for a particular language, etc).

There's nothing wrong with wanting to create more characters, but maybe you should keep any additions as purely OC (or just make appends for your pre-existing banks) without the additional synthesis creation?

Animé Fan

Defender of Defoko
I wouldn't suggest making more characters and finding voice providers for them if you're just barely maintaining the voices that currently exist. It's inevitable that 1) some voices will get neglected down the line where you either don't use them in favor of the ones you've made personally (this can discourage the voice creator from working with you or others in the future if they feel that the end results of their efforts aren't utilized), or 2) you do find a voice provider, only for them to have limited availability after the initial voicebank creation process (there's the possibility that some voices that get made will never see an update past 1.0, they may just simply refuse to record for a particular language, etc).

There's nothing wrong with wanting to create more characters, but maybe you should keep any additions as purely OC (or just make appends for your pre-existing banks) without the additional synthesis creation?
True. That's probably why I might just stick to three main UTAU and two collective UTAU groups. Besides, my main UTAU are all pretty versatile as they are and the groups are solely used for group reasons such as medleys.
[doublepost=1482082599][/doublepost]
I have been wanting to update Noke, as she has some new voicebanks planned, but I'm waiting to get a decent microphone first.
Good luck to both you and Noke! :smile: