Show me a cover you worked hard on that didn't get the attention you thought it would

RaccoonButler

Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu
Defender of Defoko
Yes, you get the chance to self advertise! >B^)

I thought it would be nice to see the covers people were proud of :uhuhu:

"Didn't get the attention you thought it would," could be saying it was more popular or less popular than you thought.

Or maybe, it didn't get attention (or the kind of attention you thought) from the person you thought it might (ex. you used someone's UTAU and you thought they'd be excited about it)

Or maybe it was really well received and you thought people might dislike it.

A cover of mine is this one:

I'm just kinda happy with the way I tuned it because I managed to make their voice suited to a powerful song (for the most part anyway) and sort of make soft configs.

I didn't think a lot of people would look at it ( and they didn't) but I thought the UTAU's creator would be a bit more enthusiastic about it :,y

Reactions: TheEternalChild7

sailor _ravioli

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
heres one im sort of proud of i guess i just expected it to get more than 49ish plays ( i know i shouldn't have such high expectations ;0; )

also this one bc i felt as if i put more effort than usual on enveloping and making sure she doesnt sound really cv

Reactions: RaccoonButler

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
For a cover that I thought peeps would go crazy about was my only complete Ruko KIRE cover in SoundCloud.

Sure it was plugged-and-played but I was really proud of the mixing since I discovered the Stereo Separator plugin. Plus it's dubstep + Ruko KIRE + a romaji title. You'd think it would be flocked over but nah.

Last edited:

TheEternalChild7

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
This thread is such a good idea. Seriously.

Here's one of mine. I worked really, really hard on the tuning and improv sections in this one, and I think it came out sounding pretty smooth for a CV cover. I mean, I knew it wasn't going to get much attention because a) it's a really old and not very well-known song, b) it's 10 minutes long and ain't nobody got time fo dat, and c) Vocalectro/UTAUlectro songs don't generally get as much attention as most other genres.

(... But I was kind of hoping that the UTAU's owner might like it. Since Brook has only been used in a small handful of covers before. And her voice fits the song so well. But I don't think she's seen it, and I dunno if sending her a message to let her know it exists would be rude.)

RaccoonButler

Defender of Defoko
heres one im sort of proud of i guess i just expected it to get more than 49ish plays ( i know i shouldn't have such high expectations ;0; )

also this one bc i felt as if i put more effort than usual on enveloping and making sure she doesnt sound really cv

ah yes keitai whiskey, is my spirit animal

For a cover that I thought peeps would go crazy about was my only complete Ruko KIRE cover in SoundCloud.

Sure it was plugged-and-played but I was really proud of the mixing since I discovered the Stereo Separator plugin. Plus it's dubstep + Ruko KIRE + a romaji title. You'd think it would be flocked over but nah.

I would rave to it

that was an epic 12 minute journey

This thread is such a good idea. Seriously.

Here's one of mine. I worked really, really hard on the tuning and improv sections in this one, and I think it came out sounding pretty smooth for a CV cover. I mean, I knew it wasn't going to get much attention because a) it's a really old and not very well-known song, b) it's 10 minutes long and ain't nobody got time fo dat, and c) Vocalectro/UTAUlectro songs don't generally get as much attention as most other genres.

(... But I was kind of hoping that the UTAU's owner might like it. Since Brook has only been used in a small handful of covers before. And her voice fits the song so well. But I don't think she's seen it, and I dunno if sending her a message to let her know it exists would be rude.)

:0 it's really pretty. Most UTAU creators usually appreciate it when people send them covers, maybe it'll make them happy

Kuro Cure

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I actually spent like 2 days tuning this little part and it's probably the most stressed I've been about tuning a cover I've actually uploaded, ahah...

NipahIsLife

Teto's Territory

I was so happy to finally find a UST for this song, then I decided to try to make it into an English cover. I was kinda hoping that someone would be like "Huh, someone attempted an English Utau cover of this song." but, it only has 7 views :sad: I'll admit it's not very good, but I tried, and it was an ambitious experiment for me, personally. I might remake it so it doesn't sound as... blah.

Shasta

Professional Lurker
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko

I hopped on a bandwagon when I made this cover. It uses my UTAU's new powerful VCV vocal, which was an update to her most popular vocal, DUSK.. With these factors combined... I kinda had higher expectations.. Like... It's almost two weeks old and look where we're at. I spent all of eternity mixing it, I edited the tuning so it suited Shadow better and well.... Nothing...

luiysia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko

expected teto to get a lot more views - my other teto cover is one of my top-viewed and the song wasn't really that famous.
plus i worked hard on this :P

RaccoonButler

Defender of Defoko
This only got 11 plays and that makes me sad.
Oh wow, it sounds really good! If I had to guess I'd say it's the equalization in the chorus that was the issue since a lot of people start playing a track from the middle
I actually spent like 2 days tuning this little part and it's probably the most stressed I've been about tuning a cover I've actually uploaded, ahah...

Tbh It's really realistic sounding, idk how you do it lel :,>

I was so happy to finally find a UST for this song, then I decided to try to make it into an English cover. I was kinda hoping that someone would be like "Huh, someone attempted an English Utau cover of this song." but, it only has 7 views :sad: I'll admit it's not very good, but I tried, and it was an ambitious experiment for me, personally. I might remake it so it doesn't sound as... blah.
I applaud you for working with english translyrics my friend, those are really hard to time yvy

The mixing isnt perfect but I spent too much time on it specially for tuning it...
;u; she sounds so cute

I hopped on a bandwagon when I made this cover. It uses my UTAU's new powerful VCV vocal, which was an update to her most popular vocal, DUSK.. With these factors combined... I kinda had higher expectations.. Like... It's almost two weeks old and look where we're at. I spent all of eternity mixing it, I edited the tuning so it suited Shadow better and well.... Nothing...
Wow, the song fits her voice really well :0 I like it! She sounds cool

*leaves this here*

Wow the two vocals sound really good together :,> I like their tone, too

expected teto to get a lot more views - my other teto cover is one of my top-viewed and the song wasn't really that famous.
plus i worked hard on this :P

This song is painful to tune, I applaud you for doing a good job

Reactions: Mougeki Mero

RaccoonButler

Defender of Defoko
From the reclist to the mixing, probably this one TTuTT At least some feedback??

//late reply rip

I like it :0! I like the way the voice sounds, I think it's pretty and has pleasant accent but I don't speak spanish so ;u;

But, the mixing sounds kinda, idk flat ish? It might help to have more reverb maybe- but I always add a shitton of reverb so don't trust my reverb judgement lel. It also sounds kinda quiet over the music at some parts then other parts it's too loud but balancing is hard so

luiysia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
From the reclist to the mixing, probably this one TTuTT At least some feedback??

mixing-wise, I think more reverb would help, since it's such a dramatic song :smile:
edit: just realized raccoonbutler said the same exact thing so i feel like i need to add something.
in EQ consider boosting round 2-4kHz and 10-15kHz to make it stand out more from the backing track esp in the choruses - this is a good basic reference (ctrl-f for "vocal" and "voice")

Last edited: