Silent Utau

SOHBlue

Master of Doom
Defender of Defoko
Hey there! I just got on this site and introduced myself. Pleased to meet ya! ^.^ Formalities aside though, I joined to ask some questions, if I may. See, I downloaded Utau, but not by the normal 'changing your locale' way and though I didn't do that, it opened already in English-no patch. Is that okay? Or do I need to do it the hard way? Here are my problems:

1) I can't open voicebanks. I can get them loaded and all, I got Yami's English one on there but it wouldn't display his info or make a sound. My comp. (I'm using Win. 7, btw) says it can't open his bank because of the language. Though it's in English... I got 7-zip but still no...weird.
:annoyed:
2) Voicebanks are on some crappy sites. I've tried to download both Ryouji and Tony Yonne's banks, but they're on ad heavy jumbled sites. (Honestly this is more of a complaint than a problem, sorry! ^.^') But if you know of some good sites to get USTs and VBs I'd appreciate it!
:wink:
3) I'm not sure of what characters to type for lyrics. I've seen a video explaining the English words to type and how the Utau will pronounce them, but I'm still uncertain. Also, is there a hiragana to romanji plug in? What do I do to get it?

Any-who! Sorry for bugging ya with my newb problems, I'm very eager to get started and excited to see how my work will be received. Pleasure meeting you and I hope to hear back from you when I'm no longer so clueless... ^.^'
:sing:
-SOH

Reactions: CRTブラック

CarrotBunz

Trash
Defender of Defoko
Hello I can help with three you need Japanese locale for for most voicebanks to work and you can find the program UTAU in english in their website. I don't know about the voicebank downloading but you can search up UTAU wiki 2.0 and you can find many voicebanks there with their original download links. hope this helps ^~^

SOHBlue

Master of Doom
Defender of Defoko
Yeps,
Hello I can help with three you need Japanese locale for for most voicebanks to work and you can find the program UTAU in english in their website. I don't know about the voicebank downloading but you can search up UTAU wiki 2.0 and you can find many voicebanks there with their original download links. hope this helps ^~^
Yeps! Thanks! Though, I tried switching the locale already, no luck. >.<

CarrotBunz

Trash
Defender of Defoko
Are you on windows 10? Because if you go to control panel,locations,regions thingy (sorry don't remember x3),and change location BUT you have to find change System locale, then you change to Japanese. (you'll need to restart your device after)

SOHBlue

Master of Doom
Defender of Defoko
Oh, okay. I didn't restart. But I thought since it was already in English, I wouldn't have to do that. Dang it. Thanks though!

Vivification

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
3) I'm not sure of what characters to type for lyrics. I've seen a video explaining the English words to type and how the Utau will pronounce them, but I'm still uncertain. Also, is there a hiragana to romanji plug in? What do I do to get it

There's this one plugin that is essentially god among UTAU because it does a lot things other plugins can do in a single plugin. It has what you want in both directions (hiragana -> romaji and romaji -> hiragana), along with extras such as replacement/modification (it automatically flags lyrics that are incompatible with the voicebank you're using and lets you change it on the spot to something that actually works).

Go here; it has a tutorial on how to download it and install an English patch for it.

http://utaforum.net/resources/bizzs-utau-plugins.129/

SOHBlue

Master of Doom
Defender of Defoko
There's this one plugin that is essentially god among UTAU because it does a lot things other plugins can do in a single plugin. It has what you want in both directions (hiragana -> romaji and romaji -> hiragana), along with extras such as replacement/modification (it automatically flags lyrics that are incompatible with the voicebank you're using and lets you change it on the spot to something that actually works).

Go here; it has a tutorial on how to download it and install an English patch for it.

Awesome! Thanks, pal, I appreciate it! :·D

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Quick explanation, parts of UTAU's inner workings contain characters that can get corrupted and cause problems like random silence and errors if you DL and install outside of Japanese locale. That's the reason you need locale, rather than just so Japanese voice banks and USTs will work (though that's a bonus).

When it comes to what to type for lyrics, you should keep in mind what they do is call a file from the Voice Bank; so you need to type an exact file that is available to the bank. eg, a UST that's in romaji won't work with a Japanese (hiragana) VB by default. When you use English, for example, there are a lot of different types of banks; so you probably need to change some lyrics to the type that whatever bank you're using works with. When in doubt go into the bank settings and check the files until you hear/see the sound you want

SOHBlue

Master of Doom
Defender of Defoko
She gave up and wouldn't let me fix it. So let this be a lesson, don't give up!
YES, VERMIN LORD! (Invader Zim reference :-3)
[doublepost=1457752145][/doublepost]
Quick explanation, parts of UTAU's inner workings contain characters that can get corrupted and cause problems like random silence and errors if you DL and install outside of Japanese locale. That's the reason you need locale, rather than just so Japanese voice banks and USTs will work (though that's a bonus).

When it comes to what to type for lyrics, you should keep in mind what they do is call a file from the Voice Bank; so you need to type an exact file that is available to the bank. eg, a UST that's in romaji won't work with a Japanese (hiragana) VB by default. When you use English, for example, there are a lot of different types of banks; so you probably need to change some lyrics to the type that whatever bank you're using works with. When in doubt go into the bank settings and check the files until you hear/see the sound you want
Thanks so much! I'll change it and try again then.

SOHBlue

Master of Doom
Defender of Defoko
Invader Zim is the best!
I miss Gir! But lucky I have a kitten I named Gir. ^.^
[doublepost=1457752259][/doublepost]

Okay so I extracted the files and put the English zip in with the program's stuff, but it isn't appearing in my plugins in Utau. Any suggestions?

Vivification

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Okay so I extracted the files and put the English zip in with the program's stuff, but it isn't appearing in my plugins in Utau. Any suggestions?

Did you put it in the plugin folder that's inside of the UTAU folder? If you just put inside the UTAU folder, the program won't recognize it because it's not looking in that directory.

SOHBlue

Master of Doom
Defender of Defoko
Oh, not yet! I need to do that right quick. Lemme try again...
[doublepost=1457753123][/doublepost]
Strange. I'm assuming your locale got fixed, so it can't be wrong locale. . .could I have a screenshot, please?
Hmmm, still nothing. I can put in lyrics and the program seems functional, it won't read anything. I'm trying to find an English voice bank to test with, but Tony's and Yami's are hard to get...