Simple Growl Plugin Request

PanTran

Ritsu's Rocket
Defender of Defoko
Now I'm not exactly 100% sure how simple this would be, but I do a bit of programming (still a noob), and I don't think it would be too difficult. Now I'm wondering if somebody could create a plugin that turns the selected notes into growls, by making a vibrato and setting it's length 100, the cycle 10, and the depth 300. It doesn't have to even have a GUI, so it would be even simpler (But maybe you could have like a text file or something where someone could change the values if they don't like them, idk)

If anybody with some programming knowledge can help, I would appreciate that SO MUCH!

(PS if somebody has an English tutorial for making plugins, so I could do it myself, I would love that even more!)

DTOS_Lara

Momo's Minion
I've played around with the Vocaloid GROWL, And I honestly think making a Growl for UTAU would easily be a flag right? However, I can't name it ontop of my head but hopefully this will help.

http://ux.getuploader.com/_torifly/download/33/utaugrowl100.zip
[DOUBLEPOST=1438465157][/DOUBLEPOST]
  1. Put "utaugrowl.exe" in your UTAU directory. It can be resampler patched.
  2. Get a resampler you like to use it with (let's use "fresamp.exe" as an example) and make a copy of it and change it to "fresamp_ug.exe". Also make another patched copy if you're using the patcher.
  3. If you want to use the resampler, select "utaugrowl.exe", NOT "fresamp_ug.exe". This also goes with the multiple resampler plugin.
  4. Happy growling!:sing:

P

partial

I've played around with the Vocaloid GROWL, And I honestly think making a Growl for UTAU would easily be a flag right? However, I can't name it ontop of my head but hopefully this will help.

2. Get a resampler you like to use it with (let's use "fresamp.exe" as an example) and make a copy of it and change it to "fresamp_ug.exe". Also make another patched copy if you're using the patcher.
  3. If you want to use the resampler, select "utaugrowl.exe", NOT "fresamp_ug.exe". This also goes with the multiple resampler plugin.
The flag is either w or u.

PanTran

Ritsu's Rocket
Defender of Defoko
Thank you guys! I tried it out, but I definitely like using the vibrato better, it just doesn't sound right with the resampler, Just kinda static-y and muffled.

So to clarify, if you copy the resampler you like using, rename it with an _ug, and then you can use it? What does that do exactly? I used it without doing that just fine, and when I did tried it, it didn't make any difference.

✧ Elfrida ✧

The Space Witch
Defender of Defoko
Thank you guys! I tried it out, but I definitely like using the vibrato better, it just doesn't sound right with the resampler, Just kinda static-y and muffled.

So to clarify, if you copy the resampler you like using, rename it with an _ug, and then you can use it? What does that do exactly? I used it without doing that just fine, and when I did tried it, it didn't make any difference.
For certain people, it's the only way to get utaugrowl to work on their computer. Not only did I have to do that but I had to move UTAU from the programs folder into my Personal folder. It sounds okay with certain banks, but overall I agree that you should either stick to vibrato growl or Record a powerscale bank with a strain/growl append.

DTOS_Lara

Momo's Minion
Incase you got confused... I'll use screenies c:

s6x9.png

bapk.png

[DOUBLEPOST=1438467447][/DOUBLEPOST]Edit: It's a VERY effective and realistic growling resampler but you need another resampler to support it.
I got confused when I got it.

Reactions: Tema

PanTran

Ritsu's Rocket
Defender of Defoko
Incase you got confused... I'll use screenies c:

s6x9.png

bapk.png

[DOUBLEPOST=1438467447][/DOUBLEPOST]Edit: It's a VERY effective and realistic growling resampler but you need another resampler to support it.
I got confused when I got it.

Don't worry! I understood how to do it, It just didn't seem to do anything, as I was able to use it on its own. I might just not need it for my computer, like abi said.

For certain people, it's the only way to get utaugrowl to work on their computer. Not only did I have to do that but I had to move UTAU from the programs folder into my Personal folder. It sounds okay with certain banks, but overall I agree that you should either stick to vibrato growl or Record a powerscale bank with a strain/growl append.

Thanks! And I actually just finished a power bank, But I didn't put any growls in, but that's a good idea, now I'll probably put some in my UTAUs act 2 bank!

✧ Elfrida ✧

The Space Witch
Defender of Defoko
Don't worry! I understood how to do it, It just didn't seem to do anything, as I was able to use it on its own. I might just not need it for my computer, like abi said.

Thanks! And I actually just finished a power bank, But I didn't put any growls in, but that's a good idea, now I'll probably put some in my UTAU (plural) act 2 bank!
Go for it! I envy people who can record power banks and such. I can't do it as of right now with my crappy mic, it would clip like all hell and the samples would be ruined and low quality. Thinking of doing something like a KIRE bank once I get a new microphone, though.