[SOLVED] USTs and voicebanks won't load up

the-neo-romantic

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hello there!
I apologise if my question have been answered before, but I can't really find anyone who has the same problem as me specifically.
I have downloaded the latest version of the UTAU program for my windows 7. Beforehand, I changed my locale, "that comma thing" and the keyboard to japanese... and UTAU seems to work fine - Defoko can sing anything that I type in hiragana. No problems there.
Although, I can't load any other voicebank or an UST. When I drag them manually, the program does nothing, it does not load anything nor starts any processes. When I try to open the USTs using the "Open..." command, I get an "unexpected error" message.
I have tried running it in administrator mode and using the TIPS resampler. And my USTs match with Defoko. ( I tried with "mozaik role" that is in hiragana for CV voicebanks)
I hope I didn't make any stupid mistakes... but really, it seems that I tried everything.
Thanks in advance for your responses!

Piia

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Hi~! I'd just like to clear out what you mean by
When I drag them manually,
Are you trying to drag the voicebanks into the 'voice' folder? If so, let me ask you:
Did you extract the .zip file before placing it into the folder? Because if you didn't, then it definitely wouldn't work ^^;

Or if not, are you trying to drag-and-drop the UST into an open UTAU project? It doesn't work that way tho (be cool if it did) :smile:

But your inability to open a UST is pretty odd; I've never experienced that before. Maybe its something with the resampler? Try ticking the "use resampler.dll" box when you try opening a UST and give us a little update to see if it worked :wink:
But for much more helpful and more 'definitely-gonna-work' tips and advice I'm dragging a really good UtaPal over here
*brings ate @kimchi-tan into the conversation*

the-neo-romantic

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Oh, yes, I put them into the "voice" folder... and just now downloaded them again and extracted them by 7zip. Previously I used that windows extractor ot something - maybe that was the case. Anyways, now all the voice banks show up, although some of them won't work properly. They get that " voice set report" message, that some of their .wav files have "no configuration". ( for some reason the only voicebanks that works fine is CRINA 2.0)
And the USTs still won't work. Even if I open them by using "open" command.
I also checked the box for the resampler.dll, and checked "use resampler.dll for rendering" in options->rendering.
Thanks for your advice tho!

EDIT: I just put my USTs into UTAU folder... now they seem to work, ( I can't belive how stupid I may seem now... I've read all those tutorials for nothing) however they won't make any sound with the voicebanks that have errors. Also, I can't render anything, but I didn't reasearch that issue yet, so I hope I can find the answer on my own.
But now the question remains: what are those errors for the voicebanks?

Last edited:
Reactions: Piia

Piia

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
That's good! I'm glad (a part of) your problem is solved! :smile:
Boi I've never experienced those... I'd love to help you out more but dunno what to do~ TT^TT Let's hope @kimchi-tan would come over sooner XD

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
@Piia I'm sorry but I'm not really the person to ask help for trouble shooting :'D

Sorry @the-neo-romantic but I don't really know any solutions other than maybe using the File --> Append option and even if that works it'd be a hassle for you to always rely on that method.

the-neo-romantic

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
UPDATE: I can now render things into .wav!

I opened UTAU as an administrator ( I did it earlier tho...) and saved the file just onto program files, not some fancy folder. ( I think it might be an issue with characters in my folders names - I'm polish and my computer uses some polish characters)

I still can't use some voicebanks. It's possibly not a problem with the USTs because I'm using the right ones ( CVs for CVs etc.) and not the problem with the characters that I'm using ( I type in things both in romaji and hiragana and the voicebanks won't work)
But I'm pretty happy that I could resolve some problems thanks to you! (...although I think making my own voicebank would be hard. But I'm too determined to give up now :D)

Piia

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
I'm glad that your problems are solved~! I'd love to help you out more but idek how to ^^;
Good luck and have fun~!

the-neo-romantic

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
UPDATE: It seems that I resolved all the problems I had - it really was basic stuff...(I couldn't use some voicebanks because they were VCV and I just typed things in romaji or hiragana - not the VCV format...thing)

Thank you very much for helping me get started and I'm really sorry that all of this was... pretty simple to resolve actually.
I'll mark this thread as " solved".

Reactions: Piia and Kiyoteru