Speaking vs singing comparison

Discussion in 'UTAU Discussion' started by Pazuru, May 15, 2019.

1. Pazuru

Pazuru Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Hello!

So, some time ago, I've posted a thread stating that my UTAU, Yaemi Keisuke, didn't have emotion in her voice. Most people that have answered told me that was because I spoke instead of singing in my samples.

After a bit of training, I've tried again and made a short comparison between the two. Speaking voice comes first, then singing.

The old one has the following caracteristics:
    -Tetra-pitch (4 pitches, B3, D4, G4, C5)
    -No end breaths
    -Speaking voice, not voice acted

The new one will have the following caracteristics (sample is just monopitch) :
    -Tri-pitch powerscale (3 pitches, B3, D4, F4)
    -End breaths, in and out
    -Singing voice, slightly voice acted

I personally think that the speaking one had more resampler-generated noise than the singing. Also, it had this accent that I don't like very much.

What do you guys think? I'd love constructive criticism and opinions. I'm also open to new ideas!

Thank you for reading this, and have a good day!

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  3. 幸兔雪 (Yukito Yuki)

幸兔雪 (Yukito Yuki) Pronouns: They/Them Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I think that you've improved a lot!

Maybe sound configurations (oto.ini) needs some adjustment but the voice tone itself is great.

The pronunciation was mostly ok but I suggest to practice /a/ and /o/ sounds because these sounded more like /{/ and /@/ than /a/ and /o/ (unless this is what you wanted/done on purpose for V-Key style genre or smth).

Pazuru likes this.
  4. Pazuru

Trophy Points
    I've done a quick oto for this sample! But you're right, I'll check it!
    (I was aiming for that pronunciation, but if that bugs too many people, I'll change it).

EDIT: I checked my oto, and it seems fine to me. Maybe I just didn't fit my UTAU to the UST...

Thank you for your feedback!

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  5. Pazuru

Trophy Points
    (SInce I can't edit my reply anymore, for some reason, I'm going to reply here).
    After checking my oto, I've noticed that a lot of sounds weren't otoed. It strange, because I remember doing it, but I guess SetParam just decided to delete what I've done.