StarDust-New Chinese Vocaloid(V4)

bio

VocalSynth Enthusiast
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Im sure everyone has heard of the new Chinese Vocaloid named "Stardust"
If you havent, please click the link below
Vocaloid Wiki:Sandbox/Stardust - Vocaloid Wiki - Voice synthesizer

She is the first Chinese vocaloid to be a Vocaloid 4. Thus being the first Chinese to have Growl files. But sadly, she wont have Cross-Synthesis(as far as I know).

Here I will be critiquing her based on design, originality, and what i think her voice will sound like. Then, in the end, telling you guys my thoughts/opinion about her.
You are allowed to disagree, but this is purely my opinion.
Let's begin!

Design(Before change):
I adore her design. When I first saw her, she looked stunning. But one thing sent a shiver down my spine. Green/Blue Pigtails. I knew that sooner of later that her design would be subject to change. But I love the 4 pigtails. I would like to see the new design for her. But until that is released, her current design will have to do. But I like it, and i woulden't change a thing! I see that oeiole compare her to Hatsune Miku, because of the pigtails. But I can see past that and see that she is her own character with her own personality.

Originality:
Now you may disagree, but I think she is very original. Yes, she may have Pigtails and Bluish-Green colour hair, like Miku, but she is her own person. As I said before, She is her own character and has her own personality! I really cant wait for a demo of her voice! She is the first Chinese V4, and the first Chinese voicebank to have growl samples.

What I think her voice will sound like:
I think her voie would be a VY1v4, IA, Ritsu, and v-FLOWER, mix with a solid tone to it. She looks like she would have a voice like V-Flower, Yet retaining a feminine sound Like IA or Ritsu, and having a solid tone to it. But i could be worng, she could have a voice like Lola, or just might have a voice that some female vocaloid's never had(IE High pitched). She ha a lot of potential.

My Opinion
Stardust-New, fun, and exciting, In my opinion!
I adore her and have high hopes for her.

Thanks for reading this! Have a great day!

POLL:
Do you like stardust?
Yes!
No!
Indefferent.
(I cant add one after i post it)

luiysia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
tbh, she looks may too much like miku to me, and I know a few other people who thought she actually was miku. if you look at her outfit, it's nearly exactly the same elements (you may have seen this) and I really, really hope she gets some redesign - I like her teal-and-yellow color scheme and I want her to succeed (I love vocanese, plus I'm chinese so I'm kind of biased :P)

as to her voice, since we don't have any hints yet, there's no telling! I'm hoping for a more smooth, ballad-y voice, like IA in this song

bio

VocalSynth Enthusiast
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
tbh, she looks may too much like miku to me, and I know a few other people who thought she actually was miku. if you look at her outfit, it's nearly exactly the same elements (you may have seen this) and I really, really hope she gets some redesign - I like her teal-and-yellow color scheme and I want her to succeed (I love vocanese, plus I'm chinese so I'm kind of biased :P)

as to her voice, since we don't have any hints yet, there's no telling! I'm hoping for a more smooth, ballad-y voice, like IA in this song
I agree with you. She does look like Miku, and has some of her elements. I really think the redesign is a food idea, i really do, but her original design really, i favor the most.

As for the voice I can hear her having that type of voice(if she was able to be used in XYS)
but the redesign is a good call. So she wont be the 2nd chinese miku
(who's your fave vocanese character?)

luiysia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I agree with you. She does look like Miku, and has some of her elements. I really think the redesign is a food idea, i really do, but her original design really, i favor the most.

As for the voice I can hear her having that type of voice(if she was able to be used in XYS)
but the redesign is a good call. So she wont be the 2nd chinese miku
(who's your fave vocanese character?)
I do like parts of her design - her color palette, like i said before, plus those speaker things at her hips, plus I kinda like the four pigtails thing - but the skirt, thigh highs, collar, and arm warmer things are just too similar :\

my fav vocanese character is yan he! I love her voice, plus her design is fun :smile:

bio

VocalSynth Enthusiast
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I do like parts of her design - her color palette, like i said before, plus those speaker things at her hips, plus I kinda like the four pigtails thing - but the skirt, thigh highs, collar, and arm warmer things are just too similar :\

my fav vocanese character is yan he! I love her voice, plus her design is fun :smile:
Xin Hua is my fave Yan He is my 2nd! :3
(but w/ Stary, she could use some work. But sofar, she is pertty cool :smile: thanks for your opinion :smile:)

OMGPingu

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I have a feeling her voice is gonna be like a similar voice to kokone (imo pls).

Chianachini

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Whoa yeah I was reminded of Miku at first, but you're right; Stardust is her own character. I don't think anyone here was trying to play off Miku's success, but rather it's just a coincidence. I do like the touch of yellow though, and the sleeves/arm warmers do look a bit like speakers, so that's cool. I don't think I can say more since I'm not sure if the reference on the wiki is her new or old design, and sorry if you said so and I didn't catch it ;u;

Haven't heard anyone talk about her name. So she'll be known as Stardust in English and 星尘 Xingchen in China? It's a bit confusing, but still sounds pretty cool to me!

As for voice type, I expect something somewhat strong, feminine, and (hopefully) not nasally out of preference, but I can see it being a little nasally. So far the Chinese vocaloid banks are fantastic, so I think she could pull off whatever they give her. Despite not being a part of the vocanese project, I think she'll do ok!

Reactions: Dekpi

luiysia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Haven't heard anyone talk about her name. So she'll be known as Stardust in English and 星尘 Xingchen in China? It's a bit confusing, but still sounds pretty cool to me!
well, 星尘 means "stardust" in english. she may end up being known as simply "xingchen," it depends on the marketing :P

CarrotJuice

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
the charicter design is very miku-ey but tbh as long as the voice is original and new who cares also about the design my sister and me were like"oh dam these vocaloid girls need to put some clothes on.......except gakupo" *gakupo is bae* >_<

bio

VocalSynth Enthusiast
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
the charicter design is very miku-ey but tbh as long as the voice is original and new who cares also about the design my sister and me were like"oh dam these vocaloid girls need to put some clothes on.......except gakupo" *gakupo is bae* >_<
sorry for the late reply
EXACTLY! The design has no impact on the voice. Somep eople see the design and automatically think, oh she is gonan sound like miku.
lol us sister is kinds right xD(not about gakupo because Leon and Kaito are bae!)

[DOUBLEPOST=1434051881][/DOUBLEPOST]
Whoa yeah I was reminded of Miku at first, but you're right; Stardust is her own character. I don't think anyone here was trying to play off Miku's success, but rather it's just a coincidence. I do like the touch of yellow though, and the sleeves/arm warmers do look a bit like speakers, so that's cool. I don't think I can say more since I'm not sure if the reference on the wiki is her new or old design, and sorry if you said so and I didn't catch it ;u;

As for voice type, I expect something somewhat strong, feminine, and (hopefully) not nasally out of preference, but I can see it being a little nasally. So far the Chinese vocaloid banks are fantastic, so I think she could pull off whatever they give her. Despite not being a part of the vocanese project, I think she'll do ok!
sorry for the late reply
Yeah the yellow pallate is a good thing!
But some people are too wraped up in the "pigtails"
no need to apologize!

The chinese part, Im not sure about.../doesn't know chinese at all

OOOO~~ i love that idea for a voice :D

★StarsNeverStop★

Princess Of The Stars
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm sorry buo but as far as i can see, she isn't original at all. She is pretty my a mikx of regular miku and miku append. And the 4 pigtails, if you look at a lot of images of a little miku, she has the same little pigtails, and older she has the large pigtails, They pretty much just threw both ages into 1 design..... there is HEAVY input of Miku Append in this by far.
latest
latest
hatsune_miku_append_dark_by_danthrox-d59bv2o.png

And due to the fact Miku has NO PERSONALITY, you can't say her and miku have different personalities.....

She has waaaaay to many similarities to Miku and i'm affraid unless they redo her ENTIRE design, the Vocaloid will get a shit ton of hate and will confuse a lot of people as well.

Reactions: luiysia

bio

VocalSynth Enthusiast
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Its all your opinion about her.
She has waaaaay to many similarities to Miku and i'm affraid unless they redo her ENTIRE design, the Vocaloid will get a shit ton of hate and will confuse a lot of people as well.
And yes they are doing the full design. But their keeping the hair.
PLUS-Its the vocaloid communtiy. Its gonna get a bunch of hate on it because Apperently Blue pigtails are "copyrighted"
Remember Dong Fang Zhi Zi? Yeah, Those events might repeat itself.

★StarsNeverStop★

Princess Of The Stars
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'd rather they just change the hair color. And yeah, it kinda is. Miku is the major player in the vocaloid fandom, copying her can screw the vocaloid over big time and i don't feel it's fair to the voicer to put all that effort in and then get their hard work shat on because the designers couldn't come up with something 100% original.

bio

VocalSynth Enthusiast
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'd rather they just change the hair color. And yeah, it kinda is. Miku is the major player in the vocaloid fandom, copying her can screw the vocaloid over big time and i don't feel it's fair to the voicer to put all that effort in and then get their hard work shat on because the designers couldn't come up with something 100% original.
who knows what the redesign might contain They mght change the hair colour, they might not. If they dont
the community has to deal with it, and maybe Crypton is already informed of this maybe they arent.
Who knows. Only time will tell.
(everythingijustsaidisompletelyunrelatedtowhatujustsaid.butimoshesoriginal)

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Crypton can not and will not take legal action. It was stated on the wiki that YAMAHA would never let a design slide if it would cause legal issues. Also keep in mind that the Japanese do not care for the Chineseloids. The Chineseloids are for China.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436266306][/DOUBLEPOST]Miku herself isn't original either btw

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Some people have tried coming with fanmade designs while waiting for the final redesign

Myself I've tried to make one (first attemptat other style-chibis and then just a raadnom edit on the picture while waiting to redraw it with my own style in traaditional) but I've the feeling it's even worse than original Strdust OTL;;;