The appends should be recorded in various pitches or a single pitch?

Discussion in 'Help and Advice' started by Mochlin, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Mochlin

Mochlin Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    I want to know if i want to record someting like a ''power'' append, i should record it in only one pitch or make it multipitch. How would it sound better?

3. Shasta

Shasta Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    It really depends on your personal taste. Lot's of people would say a multipitch bank would sound better, but all in all, it's up to you. Personally, I don't feel multipitch is necessary.

4. Arissa

Arissa Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    That would depend on if extra pitches are necessary in your eyes. If the voice already has good range then you shouldn't need three extra pitches just because; this takes up lots of space, you'll have to put in extra work, and multiple pitches don't guarantee that a bank will sound much better. Maybe have a pitch that's meant to be high to hit those high, powerful notes, and a regular for that in the middle range(that a lot of songs do)

So to make things short, it's up to you, I advise to only do what is necessary

5. Mochlin

Mochlin Momo's Minion

Trophy Points

Arissa likes this.
  6. Kiyoteru

Kiyoteru Local Sensei / Kuya Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    It depends on your own voice and how you want the final bank to sound. A single mid-range power pitch can suit you quite well, but maybe you want the UTAU to have warmer low pitches and more nasal high pitches with a slightly different accent in pronunciation. The point of multipitch is not only for extending the range, but also for having a greater variety of tone changes.

7. Mochlin

Mochlin Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    Thank you! Senpai:love:

8. Sors

Sors Immature Adorable Cookielord (´• ω •`) Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    It depends how you record the power vb, however I recommend making a bipitch. UTAU is not that good in pitching higher samples down, and power vocals are usually recorded higher than the normal vocals; well usually, doesn't mean its always like that. However lets say if you record at F4, below D4 it will sound weird, which is why most people record 2 pitches for a power voicebank.