The LMMS Club

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Create a new sample track in the Song Editor (There should be one in a new project by default). When you click on the timeline, it'll make a green block, which you can double click to open a file. LMMS doesn't accept mp3 files in this version (1.1.3) so you'll have to convert those to wav using something else (like Audacity).

One of the current issues is that audio won't play if you have the cursor in the middle of the file, so make sure that you set the cursor to the beginning when you want to hear it.

Reactions: partial

Buck

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I guess ill join. I'm currently making an original, so I'll contribute that when it's done. Most of my works to date have been LMMS based, you can find them on my site.

Am I the only person who doesn't use sample tracks? I just drop an AFP, load the sample, and make a really long MIDI note in the piano roll XD

Buck

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
That's... really inefficient...
That, my friend, depends on what you intend to do with it. For example, you cant assign sample tracks to an FX channel, meaning you cant use them with the vocoder. You also cant efficiently do nonsense like this with sample tracks

Reactions: Zoku

WendytheCreeper

(>☉ ͡ヮ☉<)
Defender of Defoko
I guess ill join. I'm currently making an original, so I'll contribute that when it's done. Most of my works to date have been LMMS based, you can find them on my site.

Am I the only person who doesn't use sample tracks? I just drop an AFP, load the sample, and make a really long MIDI note in the piano roll XD

Wait...that's NOT how you're supposed to do it??

Reactions: Buck