The Song Prompt Thread!

Avalia-Kasa

probably a potato tbh
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Sooo I thought this would be especially good for me since I don't know what to write about 90% of the time haha

Basically, if you come up with an idea for a song, post it here. It's sort of like writing prompts, except specifically for people to use through music/lyrics.

I guess I'll start with a silly prompt: in TERA the MMO, the reaper has the easiest combo in the game, you just keep pressing spacebar. The song should be named "Spacebar Warriors" from the view of one of the reapers. lmao

I'd rather some more serious suggestions but I can't think of anything right now lmao

WendytheCreeper

(>☉ ͡ヮ☉<)
Defender of Defoko
Ooh, this seems like fun! I want to suggest a prompt!

Imagine the feelings of long summer days, especially from a nostalgic standpoint...days from when you were younger and summer meant carefree playing outside, running under shady trees, admiring the tiger lilies, etc. Bonus points if you use inspiration from your own memories of summer. Extra bonus points if your instrumentation evokes feelings of summer. The song should be entitled "Nostalgia of Summer"

Reactions: Avalia-Kasa

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Not really a "prompt" per se, but today I learned there's a genre called Murder Ballad, in which you... write a ballad... retelling a murder.

So my suggestion is to write a murder ballad!

Reactions: Avalia-Kasa

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
A song where the persona feels like this:
13615191_827047367426423_7823441328292908137_n.png

And by the bridge/end decides to do this:
13669025_827047374093089_2610972439531455183_n.png

As hilarious as the second image looks, I think it could end up being a really dramatic song.

Ame。

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hm, the prompt with a song series I come up with have something to do with phones, heavy rain, and maybe some mysterious app.

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Copy-pasted from a Reddit story don't kill me, but creepy staircases that appear in thickly wooded areas. Where do they come from? What do they lead to?

This is the last one I'll tell, and it's probably the weirdest story I have. Now, I don't know if this is true in every SAR unit, but in mine, it's sort of an unspoken, regular thing we run into. You can try asking about it with other SAR officers, but even if they know what you're talking about, they probably won't say anything about it. We've been told not to talk about it by our superiors, and at this point we've all gotten so used to it that it doesn't even seem weird anymore. On just about every case where we're really far into the wilderness, I'm talking 30 or 40 miles, at some point we'll find a staircase in the middle of the woods. It's almost like if you took the stairs in your house, cut them out, and put them in the forest. I asked about it the first time I saw some, and the other officer just told me not to worry about it, that it was normal. Everyone I asked said the same thing. I wanted to go check them out, but I was told, very emphatically, that I should never go near any of them. I just sort of ignore them now when I run into them because it happens so frequently.

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
is there more of the story? I would like to read it :uhuhu:

The story came from this thread, I copied what was in the OP, in the comments I think there's some other people's experiences with these stairs.

Take these with a grain of salt this subreddit is known for everything being made up but everyone thinking it's real.

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko

The story came from this thread, I copied what was in the OP, in the comments I think there's some other people's experiences with these stairs.

Take these with a grain of salt this subreddit is known for everything being made up but everyone thinking it's real.
Thank you! Don't worry, I've been at nosleep before. I love how the story act out as if they were actually happening to the OP ^^